Hey kids, check out this cool new publicity stunt! Ignore the fact that the NAFTA superhighway is al

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You may have heard about the new super fast Texas toll road.

Texas Opens Highway With 85 MPH Speed Limit — The Fastest Road in America

And what better way to get people excited about something than to have a cool publicity stunt!

Conveniently omitted (by design), is the fact that this is a completed section of the trans national corridor or the NAFTA superhighway.

The media told us that it was dead: Trans-Texas Corridor plans dropped after public outcry. Suuuuuuuuuuuuure it was.

But wait theres more! And its called "Map 21".

So what’s in the new federal highway bill anyway? NAFTA superhighways.

Some have tried to convince the public that the Trans Texas Corridor and NAFTA Superhighways are dead. But Congress recently passed a new, two-year federal highway bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (or MAP-21), that not only gives priority funding to these ‘high priority’ trade corridors, it also makes it easier to hand them over to private corporations using controversial public private partnership (P3) toll contracts.

Please dont pay attention to your government robbing us of our sovereignty. Lets just clap and cheer for the cool new road as the pretty car goes really fast! Vroom vroom!!!

edit on 27-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Map 21...Agenda 21. Any correlation?

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Interesting correlation, REAL interesting.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What the heck?! I've seen the eastern leg of the Super-Highway. Of course.. While trucking, I saw signs years ago along some of it's proposed route actually identifying it as such...and/or as the future Interstate that would come to form the Super-Highway segment.

The central leg though?! Where the heck did that come from and why? It's been well back into the early Bush years since I bothered looking at a projected map of the whole project because it seemed to have died off. That just has me baffled though. There is almost nothing along that route worth building a highway of that kind for?? Amarillo? Denver? Regina, Canada? I mean... Umm... Why? The Shale Oil must be in that general area (hadn't pulled maps to look yet) and that seems suspiciously close to the Keystone pipe path..though not quite either.

Any material explaining the logic?? The Detroit focus and Mexico to Toronto and the Great Lakes outlet to the rest of the world made sense. This just doesn't?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

*Hey...... Hold the phone! Someone tell me they have the blessings of the Native Americas on this. I just looked a bit more at the South Dakota part of this.
It's the Sacred Black Hills to the West and the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation to the East. That's a real thin needle to thread, given the land that represents. Oh..I see endless fights on that map. No wonder it's not one we see on a regular basis.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm in D/FW area, but made a business trip to Austin on Thursday. I was on the new toll road. It may very well be 85mph on some of it's stretch, but every sign I saw said 80mph.

Yes, unions are the new countries. It's a logical progression based on the model which has been in place for a long, long time: centralization.

The military pacts are already signed, and trade pacts via this new highway system will come next. The next logical step is basically demolishing the borders. That's why there was no super-border update that happened when immigration was such an issue with the public back when Bush was the president.

Lou Dobbs was one of the only MSM anchors who was speaking on these kinds of issues regularly, and he got canned for it. It will likely take another half generation to have a sufficient amount of the younger generation socially programmed into accepting this. It's neither good or bad in my view, just as I said: a logical progression based on the current model.

It makes sense when you think along certain lines, yet also seems as if it may be doomed to fail as it seems to be the case with the EU. I think there's more of a chance for success here, though. This is basically a giant leap towards a unified, type 1 planetary civilization.

Also, that map makes no sense as far as I can tell. The tx-130 we were on was heading to San Antonio, and we were in Austin. That's not shown on the map.
edit on 27-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Wait im confused OP how come your against the highway?
Did i miss something ><

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Cool, the interstate system for the Norath American Union is almot complete. Whenever i go to my mother in law's house i see the part of it theyre building in southern arkansas. Having another interstate would help our commerce.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A whole 85 mph, eh? Seems a bit slow.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This new high-speed toll way with 85 as the top speed is only a bit ahead of I-10 across the southern part of the state where the speed limit has been recently raised to 80. And the toll road I30 around Austin which has been in place only three or four years is rated at 80 mph also. These are all double, two-lane highways. Long distance trucks don't tend to use the toll roads because they are not cheap and looping around Austin simply adds moremiles to travel for little gain in time.

Many rural, state-maintained two-lane country roads in Texas are signed at 65, 70 and 75 mph.
To assign some sinister plan of NAFTA as the reason (to some of you) for the high speed limits in Texas is absurd.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply posted on 27-10-2012 @ 08:11 PM by Bixxi3

Wait im confused OP how come your against the highway? Did i miss something ><

Yes, you apparently missed the debate on the NAFTA agreement and specifically the part about international trucking, but, there is tons of info on it and I am sure it's been discussed on ats in an abundance of threads. Begin your search with Nafta international highway and you should be able to catch up.

reply posted on 27-10-2012 @ 08:40 PM by lonewolf19792000

Cool, the interstate system for the Norath American Union is almot complete. Whenever i go to my mother in law's house i see the part of it theyre building in southern arkansas. Having another interstate would help our commerce.

Sorry, but apparently you do not know much about the NAFTA superhighway...it will not improve our commerce, it in fact; as part of the NAFTA Agreement, will allow Mexican truck drivers to ship freight in the US which will add a whole another sector of employed Americans to unemployment line; American truckers.

Allowing Mexican trucking companies to deliver goods rather than transfer them to U.S. haulers at the border will put American jobs and highway safety at risk, they said.

"We're literally taking good jobs here in America and passing them over the line to Mexico," Hunter told the crowd, many holding signs reading "NAFTA kills" and "Stop the war on workers."

source
edit on 27-10-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Wait im confused OP how come your against the highway?
Did i miss something ><

See :

en.wikipedia.org... And

www.humanevents.com...

AND

NAFTA and expanding free trade sounds good superficially. Unfortunately, it has turned out to be considerably less than free. New York Times best-selling author Jerome Corsi, known for orchestrating the Swift Boat ads targeting John Kerry, wrote a book exposing the NAFTA Superhighway in 2009 called “The Late Great USA: The Coming Merger with Mexico and Canada.” Corsi’s efforts, as well as exposure by Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and the website Corsi writes for, WorldNetDaily, may have contributed more to getting the Trans-Texas Corridor shut down than anything else.

Corsi explains in his book that the U.S. is at a disadvantage with “free trade” because unlike most of the world’s international trading countries, we do not charge a value added tax (VAT) to imported goods. This makes our products much more difficult to sell overseas, and other countries’ products much cheaper than ours. The price of union labor drives the costs up even more, making our own products less competitive here as well. This results in a trade imbalance leaving us heavily in debt to other countries, and part of the reason we have a debt ceiling crisis today.

With the economy currently in the tank and nine percent unemployment holding steady, the last thing Americans want is enabling China to sell us more products using cheap exploited labor. Corsi writes that the average age of a worker in a Chinese toy factor is between 12 and 15. The CANAMEX Corridor Coalition, a trade association that supports a transportation super corridor, reports that the average hourly manufacturing wage in the U.S. is $17.20. In Mexico it is $2.10, and in China and India it is $.25.

Furthermore, Corsi has put forth a compelling amount of information in his book showing how the plan to create a North American Union goes well beyond simple free trade agreements and purposely disguises efforts to subvert U.S. sovereignty to an entity that would operate much like the European Union.
townhall.com...

Many people feel this is the same old NAFTA super highway with all it's problems just under a different name.
edit on 27-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

There are only a small handful of Mexican companies that want to come into the US. To drive here they have to follow all DOT regulations, which are regulating the industry to death. If they stay in the economic zone that they are allowed to operate in now, they only have to pass an inspection at the border, and I can tell you that the trucks that come up usually can't do that without having work done to fix a list of problems. We waited eight hours for a truck to cross the border one day, and when we got the inspection papers, we were amazed. If an American truck was that bad, they would have taken it out and shot it.

Most Mexican trucking companies can't afford to keep the trucks in good enough condition to drive up here, and their drivers don't wasn't to learn and deal with the regulations. Drivers that have driven here for years get confused by the DOT regulations (which are changing AGAIN next summer).
edit on 10/27/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This highway system will also make it easier for deploying foreign
troops whenever martial law is implemented on the U.S. citizens.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So who gets to foot the bill for a major highway to be built through Anaktuvek pass?
The northern most portion of the map bothers me because the ONLY thing worth going north of Fairbanks for is our fuel resources and last I checked those belong to Alaska. We already have one pipeline to bring crude to market and are working on another for the natural gas. There should be NO international need to drive to Prudhoe bay.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Agenda 21 is indeed a non-binding UN agreement but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have teeth. It guides the actions of the UN and leads to national governments acting on its plans. More worrisome, a number of cities and towns have joined ICLEI – International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives. See if your town below has signed on and ask yourself if you heard any debate about this.

Agenda 21 is a bureaucrat to bureaucrat method of foisting UN approved environmental plans on local communities without the UN needing to deal with national governments. Sounds undemocratic to me.

So to Lilley, if planners join an international planning association to get information about sustainable development, a perfectly reasonable thing, it is an undemocratic plot. It doesn't sound like Brian Lilley has heard of Agenda 21 or ICLEI before, but he knows that if David Suzuki is for it, then he better be against it, so he descends into Glenn Beckistan to dump on it. He then lists all the cities and towns in Canada that are participating in this undemocratic plot, which cover the country from the Arctic to the Atlantic to the Pacific and probably includes 75% of the population and indeed some of the most conservative parts of the country:

Campbell River
City of Calgary
City of Edmonton
City of Greater Sudbury
City of Guelph
City of Hamilton
City of Kitchener
City of Mississauga
City of Regina
City of Toronto
City of Vancouver
Durham Region
Essex
Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Fort St. John
Halton Hills
Iqaluit
Leduc
Metro Vancouver
Red Deer
Region of York
The Blue Mountains
The Corporation of Delta
Town of Aurora
Town of Oakville
Ville de Montréal

Agenda 21. Today Canada, tomorrow the world.

Wow one more reason to "love" my country

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Whats so bad about an highway going from south to the north? Wouldnt it facilitate trade with Mexico and Canada and trade between Mexico and Canada?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This doesn't connect with the highways on the map posted. It is a toll road and a way for a private company to make money off drivers.

The final 41-mile stretch of Texas Highway 130 opened Wednesday after three years of construction. The speed limit is 85 mph.

The toll road is intended to help alleviate the increasingly crowded Interstate 35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio, which are two of the state’s largest metropolitan areas.

The new stretch will be from Mustang Ridge, about 10 miles south of Austin’s international airport, to Interstate 10 just east of Seguin. A 50-mile stretch bypassing Austin already is open

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
the govt always wins.....the sheople went back to sleep once the original nfta was ..sorta killed. the govt just waited..renamed it..used some feel good terms..changed some locations a bit and started up again...now that the sheep have been cleared off the road, so-to-speak, nfta is back in full swing.

like it has been said nfta has been discussed alot...not gunna be able to re-cap in a sentence or two..just gunna have to go look up the info yourselves

the govt always wins....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Erm, I think you mean the elite always win. They're influencing government policies to push an agenda.

The government is just a vehicle to hide their selves and intentions through.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

..how true..poor choice of wording on my part

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join