It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo joins Rice..."We Have To Stop Politicizing" Benghazi Raid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The right wing media frenzy over the tragedy at the consulate is just sad, these people are using the deaths of these people solely for political gain.

There is NO way for us, or retired generals to know what exactly happened and to blindly accuse the administration of planning this is just absurd and shows just how low the Right wingers have sunk.

I'm glad more and more people are coming out to say how disgusted they are at the way the neo cons have used this tragedy. They certainly are not alone.

bolded by me.
Ironic.

I say the same thing about Bush and 9/11 and get flamed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

ooooh, 20 students nearby -- how near? a block, a mile, next door?
don't suppose they intermingled with the 150 insurgents though, did they?
can any of us be sure either way ?? nope, didn't think so.

i like how you didn't emphasize this though ...

from your link
They evacuated staffers to a security compound across town, where they continued to come under fire. A precision mortar hit the compound's building at 4 a.m., killing two other Americans.

so, not only did they enter, rescue and return to the annex across town, then they were killed by precision fire.

and, let's not forget from 9:40pm to 4am was plenty enough time to provide a ground response, air strike, or any number of assistance tactics.
Obama failed miserably or succeeded depending on which side of the "war fog"
you see through.

imho, he needs to go and the sooner the better.
and he can take the whole dang State Dept & Holder with him.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From the father of one of the slain Heroes.

Woods went on to read the following statement, in honor of his son:

“I want to honor my son, Ty Woods, who responded to the cries for help and voluntarily sacrificed his life to protect the lives of other Americans. In the last few days it has become public knowledge that within minutes of the first bullet being fired the White House knew these heroes would be slaughtered if immediate air support was denied. Apparently, C-130s were ready to respond immediately. In less than an hour, the perimeters could have been secured and American lives could have been saved. After seven hours fighting numerically superior forces, my son’s life was sacrificed because of the White House’s decision. This has nothing to do with politics, this has to do with integrity and honor. My son was a true American hero. We need more heroes today. My son showed moral courage. This is an opportunity for the person or persons who made the decision to sacrifice my son’s life to stand up.”

The only one who thinks it's political are the ones who are responsible and want to sweep it under the rug. Should Mr. woods shut up and take it, because he's being political?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by mademyself1984

The people who would have received an order to do something to attempt to defend the 4 Americans who were killed were told NOT TO!

NO, they were not. To continue to say so is a slap in the face to those who did try to save those four men, and it diminishes their heroism in saving those that they were able to.

This whole thing by the Right is spitting on those 4 graves. It's disgusting and it has to stop!

SO when the media and left constantly raged about Iraq, it was politicizing soldier's deaths?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The Obama haters will say any thing and make any lie or cling to any lie they can put out there to justify their hatred of Obama.

All these claims that Obama should have sent some large force in to save people ignore the reality that far more lies would have been lost. It is ignorance begetting more ignorance.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by 200Plus
In other words "this is potentially damaging to the messiah

This is what this is all about for you, making this event damaging to Obama's prospects for a second term. It's got little to nothing to do with the deaths of those Americans. Had this been a McCain presidency, people like you would have kept shut.

If McCain had been President, those men would still be alive. Personally I think one of the qualifications for being Commander-in-Chief (AND SecDef) should be prior military service. How can you lead men unless you know what it's like to be one?

I wonder how you sleep at night knowing that you're using this tragic event to push the political agenda of one of the establishment parties? Since when did people become so intangled so selfishly into DC politics and red and blue? Since when did people like you willingly become pawns to push another establishment's agenda?

"A government of the people, by the people, and for the people." Remember that? WE are the government, and those in DC are supposed to be our servants. They are supposed to do what we say do, and we the people of the United States are PISSED; and we DEMAND that Barack Hussein Obama be hauled before Congress and be required to explain himself.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

so we don't even have a clear motive, we just know obama is the devil and it was all planned by him

to make himself look bad right before the election ?

this is ATS. wouldn't this normally be seen as the right planning this to win the white house ?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've always been unable to believe in most of the conspiracy on 9/11 and Bush. I despise Bush but I could never believe he planned 9/11 or just let it happen. I can go for taking advantage of the chaos in the aftermath but even as evil as I think Bush was, I just don't see him as evil as to have deliberately let/ordered 3,000 Americans die.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

The media raged about Iraq? I don't know much about how the Left raged against Iraq, I didn't have such a clear understanding of what Left was back then... or did you mean Liberals? Yeah there were some marches and protests against going into Iraq, but those didn't make the news. All that was on the news back then was how evil Saddam was and how he was going to use WMD on us and his own people. The media is always kind to the sitting President regardless of (R) or (D).

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Final notice....

if the topic of the Geraldo comments cannot be discussed, this thread will be closed and re-directed to other Benghazi threads.

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!

This thread is supposed to be about Geraldo and what he said in a video.
And unless it starts to be about that....it will get closed...because we have other Benghazi threads this discussion should be in....

Also, the BICKERING stops now!!!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Those 3 empty heads are the very worst of Fox. Even worse than Hannity and that's saying something. I have nothing against Fox broadcasting but it is a travesty to allow them to use the motto "Fair and balanced". And when they deny being a republican mouthpiece it just sickens me. Why hide what you are? Many liberal shows clearly label their bias.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In this day and age there are people who would flame you for saying negative things about Bush? People still defend that regime?

The fact that anyone can defend either the Bush regime or the Obama regime tells me they have blinders on.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Unless you or I are working in Govt and are privy to the inner sanctum chances we will never know their motives so at this point we can only speculate. And never did I blame this all on Obama, although he's clearly guilty, I blame all of Washington DC.

So that's both Democrat and Republician. But guilty or not, I doubt anyone will investigated, fired, suspended, or even written up.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is what Geraldo said and another poster said its all lies but offers no proof to the contrary.

They were monitoring phone calls in real time and the drones didn’t get there till two and a half hours after the attacks started then it was replaced by a second unarmed drone that came four hours later.

They scrambled the rapid response team that got to Sicily some 500 miles away hours later.

Both General Ham and General Dempsey the Chairman of the joint cheifs of staff were both of the opinion that we do not send more American’s into harm’s way until we know more.
Good Intel is one of the most important things to have in any combat situation. Do people not realize this?
Geraldo said we are getting away from the real issue of why wasn’t there more security before this happened.
People are making reckless allegations of some bureaucrat watching TV is just wrong.
At 4:00 the cable says our people are under attack and our people are missing. At 6 something they say the attack is over. So conflicting or false information is being sent.

So there was a security issue and intelligence failure.

Geraldo said he interviewed senator Beraso, Inhall, and senator Crocker three republican senators that sit on the foreign relations committee all agree that because of the politically charged atmosphere around this that prudence dictates that these hearings be postponed till after November 15th.

Like he said do we want to know what happened or do we want to influence the election with this tragedy.
I think Geraldo laid it out pretty clear.

There are a lot of armchair Generals on the internet and on TV but there were two actual Generals there that day. I am sure things could have been done differently but I am also sure that if they were done wrong more American lives could have been lost. I want to know the truth more than anything along with an accurate timeline.

I do not see a conspiracy but I do see a tragedy. I don’t care how many O-4 LT. Colonels say otherwise. To put that rank in perspective every battalion commander I had was a Full Bird Colonel and the one time I have been to the Pentagon I saw more General stars walking around than I knew existed in the military and one Apache unit I was in had 3 Lt Colonels in it so that rank does not impress me so much.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by Swills

so we don't even have a clear motive, we just know obama is the devil and it was all planned by him

this is ATS. wouldn't this normally be seen as the right planning this to win the white house ?

No, he wouldn't want to make himself look bad before the election...unfortunately INCOMPETENCE knows no timeline!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Unless you or I are working in Govt and are privy to the inner sanctum chances we will never know their motives so at this point we can only speculate. And never did I blame this all on Obama, although he's clearly guilty, I blame all of Washington DC.

So that's both Democrat and Republician. But guilty or not, I doubt anyone will investigated, fired, suspended, or even written up.

Obama as Commander in Chief should be held VERY accountable for this as he knows so well THAT is the responsibility and price paid as the POTUS!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So there was a security issue and intelligence failure. Geraldo said he interviewed senator Beraso, Inhall, and senator Crocker three republican senators that sit on the foreign relations committee all agree that because of the politically charged atmosphere around this that prudence dictates that these hearings be postponed till after November 15th. Like he said do we want to know what happened or do we want to influence the election with this tragedy. I think Geraldo laid it out pretty clear.

Very well said. Americans including myself do most definitely want answers. We don't need conspiracy theories posing as fact, being reported as news only serving to muddy the waters. I think in 10 years time there will still be people claiming "they were told to stand down" when it was debunked almost immediately. Just like there are still claims that hologram planes flew into the WTC buildings. What so many FOX fans and Obama haters fail to realize, if Obama or Clinton or anyone in the Administration really did something wrong or unethical or treasonous... the lies FOX tells, will only help cover it up. Crying wolf only works so long. I think to have Geraldo lay it out like he did, is pretty damn telling. These guys never turn on eachother... ever.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Geraldo and fellow creeps:

Decisions were made by our elected officials that could have prevented those deaths. We don't like that. We want to know what happened. We want to vote for who we think is less likely to let something like this happen again.

"Political Issue" means we have a chance to have an open discussion about it, hear the candidates debate about it, and vote for what we think is best for the country.

"Don't politicize" means shut up.

If you think Obama did the right things, or Romney would have done worse, just say that. Stop being creepy.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by Swills

Here's your motive
Arms flow to Syria may be behind cover up

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by Swills

Obama as Commander in Chief should be held VERY accountable for this as he knows so well THAT is the responsibility and price paid as the POTUS!

I totally agree but I want everyone to understand this isn't just about Obama or his party/admin. The rabbit hole goes much deeper than that and plenty of people are responsible for this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join