It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo joins Rice..."We Have To Stop Politicizing" Benghazi Raid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Lots of self righteous anger

I'd hardly call it self righteous if I was angry that my son's death was being used to push a greater agenda of a political party. Is that would you consider self rightous as well? You can talk can't you?

This administration either hung them out to dry or are so incompetent

Incompetent for what? The fact they didn't use those naval ships to fire on the city which could have potentially killed many other innocent people in the process? Please, level with us the incompetence here, because I'm hearing the typical nonsense from rightwing websites. Did the Obama administration fail to use their secret time machine to prevent this event?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There is NO way for us, or retired generals to know what exactly happened and to blindly accuse the administration of planning this is just absurd and shows just how low the Right wingers have sunk.
reply to post by muse7

I can't agree more...

However, if they didn't have the intel to begin with, they should have never opened their mouths to blame a video.

They should have said "until further investigation, we have no comment" or some thing along that line.

IMO, they are the ones who opened this can of worms by not getting together on the same page on what to say or not say.

Makes me wonder why Obama's advisers didn't tell him and his people to halt on the blame game [video] and just keep their cool until they could come up with an appropriate story.

As we know from past administration scandals, any detail that doesn't jive with a story is going to be like a dog going after a bone.
The MSM has a nose for this kind of thing and it doesn't matter who is in office, they are going to run with it.

I still think that if this administration had said very little until further investigation, it wouldn't have become such a big story.
As it is now, from day 1 they blamed the video and now we can see that is not true.

Their fault they misjudged the way their original [false] story would turn out.

Should just have stuck with No Comment.......safer that way.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Be sure you don't fall off that horse, looks like a long drop.

Please do not pretend that if Bush had done this, you would hold the belief that an investigation should wait until after the elections. NO ONE is that ignorant. It was your team that got caught in this, so it is a non-issue.

+Most importantlyly "I" did not make this an issue. The president's lies and mismanagement led to this, his team chose how to spin this, they all lied to the citizens, HE OWNS THIS. But of course it's so much easier to blame the GOP, right?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In other words, "Let's not dwell on the failed War on Terror because it's embarrassing to the President."

Riiiiight.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Please do not pretend that if Bush

No, people like you would not be using this event to blame the administration if this was Bush or McCain. You keep telling us otherwise.

Most importantlyly "I" did not make this an issue. The president's lies and mismanagement

You're not making this an issue huh? yet here you are making it an issue right before election time hmm? It's any wonder 3 months down the track what's the next thing people like you will be throwing at this president. By that time you would have long forgotten this tragic event because it's political purpose would have been used up.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Lots of self righteous anger

I'd hardly call it self righteous if I was angry that my son's death was being used to push a greater agenda of a political party. Is that would you consider self rightous as well? You can talk can't you?

This administration either hung them out to dry or are so incompetent

Incompetent for what? The fact they didn't use those naval ships to fire on the city which could have potentially killed many other innocent people in the process? Please, level with us the incompetence here, because I'm hearing the typical nonsense from rightwing websites. Did the Obama administration fail to use their secret time machine to prevent this event?

The mother is not who I was talking about. Is she here? Is she on ATS posting in this thread?
The self righteous anger is coming from your cohorts on the left because their Administration and Obama are being called on their actions.
INCOMPETENT in every way except campaigning for another term.

Call for help...denied
Call for help...denied
2 hours into a 7 hour seige with automatic weapons, rpg's and mortar fire, the terrorists actually sent an e-mail.
How convenient is that?
ANOTHER call for help...denied.
Five more hours of fighting as the administration sat on their hands... no problem, Obama can do that as long as he can pretend it isn't a terrorist attack in his pet project country.

What now?
Let's tell the country that it was just a mob.

Incompetence. Obfuscation. Maybe even complicity but at the very least it's incompetence.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just wish the political speak would stop so we can get to the facts. It seems everything about this is opinion based on fragmented information. I liked how Geraldo started time lining things out.

I am afraid we will not be presented a clear picture of what happened until after the election. At least the election is almost over. Maybe sanity will return afterwards.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I am mixed on this.....

On the one hand, I can't believe that this administration had the gall to blame a video on this situation BEFORE any of the details were known.
[their own words today are they don't have all the information....]

And yet, until this matter can be investigated and resolved, we shouldn't politicize it just because it's election time.

If they had just kept their mouths shut from the beginning and kept to the formal response of " 4 Americans were killed in an attack and until further investigation, we have no comment"... or some thing along those lines, then the MSM wouldn't have any fuel for their fire.

But as it is now, the administration's poor judgement call about announcing to the World that the video was responsible for this attack is what is at fault here and why it's escalated the way it has.

Now they are having to eat their words and back peddle.

NOW they are saying we don't have all the info and can't comment.......should have thought about that sooner.
[like before they blamed and arrested the video maker right after the attack happened....
]

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

i swear that 'Heraldo butters his butt while in the dressing room before the TV camera time...

he is slick

ADD

quote]Originally posted by badgerprints

INCOMPETENT in every way except campaigning for another term.

Call for help...denied
Call for help...denied
2 hours into a 7 hour seige with automatic weapons, rpg's and mortar fire, the terrorists actually sent an e-mail.
How convenient is that?
ANOTHER call for help...denied.
Five more hours of fighting as the administration sat on their hands... no problem, Obama can do that as long as he can pretend it isn't a terrorist attack in his pet project country.

What now?
Let's tell the country that it was just a mob.

Incompetence. Obfuscation. Maybe even complicity but at the very least it's incompetence.

naw... the actions border on treason against the USA
edit on 27-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

OH Hell No,

Its an issue now because it happened before an election.

Obama's team blamed a movie (that was released without a peep in july) for an impromptu attack on 9/11.

Team O: it was a movie / we are sorry world / we will get justice for the insult to Islam
World: That isn't what happened

Team O: We had no idea there was a security issue
World: you were warned in advance

Team O: The EVIL GOP cut funding
World: but you hired a security company

Team O: This shouldn't be a political thing, let's wait until after the elections for the dust to settle.
World..................

You have to be twisted a little to even get near the team O kool-aid. It just seems to me the rub their supporters noses in their own stupidity.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

your cohorts on the left because their Administration and Obama are being called on their actions.

Yes, it's all Obama and lefts fault that these people lost their lives representing us in Libya, right? So now you're the self appointed spokesperson for these families I take it? Are you the spokes person for the dead ambassador and his colleagues?

You know, it just baffles me how people get to the point of blaming an entire administration and an entire political idealogy on a tragic event like this. How do you get to the point of stooping so low to satisfy your partisanship? And you know what? Once the elections are over you'll move on to some other nonsense and you'll forget this event. That's what get's to me. Pathetic.

Call for help...denied

Source.

Call for help...denied[/source

Source.

Preferbly not the rightwing tripe you find comfort in reading.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Its bad to continually discuss the death of the most wanted man on the planet, but when it's 4 Americans..............rail about it all day!

Do you guys see the problem with this?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

We have pics of the dead Americans, you see the problem with that?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hypocrisy once again.
But we also need stop to politicizing the death of Bin Laden.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

you really need toread the articl.e created by a righteous person that has gotten serious/truthful info from the leakers... (IOW - info not processed and cleansed or sanitized by the Administration/WH psychopaths)

see the link i posted earlier on another ATS thread:

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Sacrificed At the Altar Of Obama: CIA Assets Ordered to “Stand Down” During Libya Attacks; Delta Force Spec Ops Waited For Hours For Deployment Orders

SHTF Plan - When The # Hits the Fan, Don't Say We Didn't Warn You - Preparedness, Planning, News, and Commentary

scan this info. decide if the data is factual or BS then spout off with at least a little bit of insight as to the events & the flubber-up

poorrichards-blog.blogspot.fr...

if you can believe enen 50% of the info presented that makes the administration total scumbags

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Yes, it's all Obama and lefts fault that these people lost their lives representing us in Libya, right?

No not the left.

Obama and his administration.

Your president.

It's Obama's fault that HE DID NOTHING.

IT IS HIS FAULT HE SAT ON HIS ASS AND ATTEMPTED NOT A DAMN THING WHILE HIS BUDDIES IN LIBYA KILLED HIS OWN AMBASSADOR AND THREE OTHERS.

Then he lied about it.
Again,
and again,
and again....

If he'd tried ANYTHING...ANYTHING AT ALL... it would be different.

Nothing.

edit on 27-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Can you please explain this?

HE SAT ON HIS ASS AND ATTEMPTED NOT A DAMN THING WHILE HIS BUDDIES IN LIBYA KILLED HIS OWN AMBASSADOR AND THREE OTHERS

I really didn’t like Bush but I never accused him of being buddies with terrorists even after he helped get Osama’s family out of the US after 911. Is this just unfounded vitriolic speech or do you have some new information for everyone?

Buddies?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I just want everyone to know Geraldo has no idea what he is talking about and is completely full of crap. Take everything he said in that clip and put it in your BS folder.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by mademyself1984

He addressed it, he called it a terrorist attack. Seriously soldiers all over the world are killed and nothing is done about it. This consulate was in a hot spot for terrorist activity. This was a tragic event and nothing more.

The protest that lead to the attack was about the movie that was released on youtube about islam,

You do not open fire from an AC-130 on hundreds of people just because there are 2 or 4 terrorists using the group for cover.

You certainly don't fire missiles from drones or send in a squad of marines, because soon that place would have turned into Mogadishu 2.0.

How much longer will the right keep dragging the bodies of the deceased through their mud?
edit on 10/27/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Only 2 or 4 terrorists? Oh I do think there were more than just 4 terrorists for the SEVEN HOUR battle in Benghazi on September 11th, and 12th, 2012 terrorist attack.

Also, there was no protest that day in Benghazi protesting a movie. Surveillance cameras, the drones, and the CIA ex US SEALs confirmed there was no protest. That was a lie by the MSM and US Gov't. You don't know this? Did you know the protests in Egypt that day weren't over the anti Muslim movie? Those protests were demands being made to the US Gov't to release their Blind Cleric. CNN was on the scene and knew this but reported it was over the anti Muslim movie.

There was however a protest by the Libyan people on September 12, 2012, Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya
edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!

This thread is supposed to be about Geraldo and what he said in a video.
And unless it starts to be about that....it will get closed...because we have other Benghazi threads this discussion should be in....

Also, the BICKERING stops now!!!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join