It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probably something profound here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When I watched this clip I thought of how science tells us that 94% of the universe is unaccounted for, and that our atoms are made up of mostly space. The clip shows a few tablespoons of chemicals burning into a massive growth of some kind. I don't know what to make of it, but if there's something profound about it, I'll leave it to better minds to make the connection. At the very least you'll find it just plain weird.

Skip to 1:18 to watch it grow.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
haha, that's pretty cool. Do they say what chemicals are used?

Mercury(II) thiocyanate decomposition

edit on 27-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I'd say it shows that even white powder can turn into brown crud, and even brown crud can look cool.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've seen that video before, didn't know what to make of then and still don't. Very interesting though.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I have no idea what that was but if I saw that thing doing whatever it's doing anywhere near me, I would be freaking out. lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The unaccounted thing in the universe, at least according to "mainstream scientists", is mass.

What we see here is a mere increase in volume.

If you weigh the powder before you burn it ( including the gas molecules it will react with in the air ), and weigh the snake thing ( including the gases evaporated during the burning process ) afterwards, you'd end up with the exact same weight. So everything is accounted for, it just changed its shape.

The dark matter theory is quite simple, really: Scientists made up this big bang theory, and according to this the universe would expand up to a certain point and then start getting slower until stopping and then slowly collapse on itself again. They did the math assuming gravity as the one and only driving force in the universe. So then they used the Hubble telescope and saw that the darn universe isn't slowing down expanding, but accelerating instead. So instead of re-thinking if maybe the whole big-bang-gravity theory might be off ( and publicly admitting it ) , they made up a new theory, the "Dark matter" theory. They say a secret kind of matter is creating a gravity field that moves everything around.

In my opinion they should start looking into the possibility that electric and magnetic forces, just as we observe them with the smallest of particles, the electrons and protons, make the universe behave like it does.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It looks a lot like one of these without the "form"

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Now I know where The thing came from....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

I thought of this, too. Only, that carbon snake is so soft it'll turn to powder. That other thing, though, it kinda looks solid, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

I was going to respond with the same thing lol

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Cool video - thank you for posting. My first thought at the end was - I want the scientist to put a knife through the substance. I wanted to know whether it was chalky and crumbled or was perhaps rubbery and difficult to cut through.

I notice that the white powder is used up in the reaction. So the white powder - when ignited by a naked flame - reacts and manifests into a completely different substance. The new substance takes up more space and has an irregular shape - whereas the powder is all the same shape - small grains.

I don't know what to think other than - heat when applied to certain chemicals can produce amazing reactions which in turn produce new materials. Awesome - I will no doubt be thinking about this video off and on for the rest of the day. Thanks for stimulating my intellect.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by jiggerj

Cool video - thank you for posting. My first thought at the end was - I want the scientist to put a knife through the substance. I wanted to know whether it was chalky and crumbled or was perhaps rubbery and difficult to cut through.

I notice that the white powder is used up in the reaction. So the white powder - when ignited by a naked flame - reacts and manifests into a completely different substance. The new substance takes up more space and has an irregular shape - whereas the powder is all the same shape - small grains.

I don't know what to think other than - heat when applied to certain chemicals can produce amazing reactions which in turn produce new materials. Awesome - I will no doubt be thinking about this video off and on for the rest of the day. Thanks for stimulating my intellect.

Much Peace...

You're very welcome.
Seeing as everything seems to be made up by fractals, I wonder if this thing is, too? I'm also wondering if this process is what's keeping the universe expanding. Not the fire part, but the chemical reaction part.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Good stuff. I agree.

The whole dark matter/energy thing to me seems like a weak way out versus re-establishing something more accurate.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Yes - fractals crossed my mind but I looked at the shape and wondered whether it was a pure fractal replication. And the heat being applied to a substance - much the same as the light/heat from our star the sun. Gives thought to the expanding earth theory.

I know that the cabal/illuminati/whatever keep information from us. I cannot wait until we are free to explore and learn without limitation.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

If you weigh the powder before you burn it ( including the gas molecules it will react with in the air ), and weigh the snake thing ( including the gases evaporated during the burning process ) afterwards, you'd end up with the exact same weight. So everything is accounted for, it just changed its shape.

Whoa! You just made me realize that whatever mass there is in the universe, that's all the mass there can ever be! Even if an object is broken down to its microscopic parts, whatever those parts do in the future, it will still equal the total amount of the original mass. Don't know why this is blowing my mind, but it is.
WHOA again!

new topics

top topics

join