It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a US strike on Iran would look like.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Soshh

The stupidest thing we could do right now is to give the Old Guard an excuse to KILL the Pro-Democracy Leadership.

Going over the top with such things can make matters worse. Killing a few would galvanise an awful lot more and I doubt that they could kill them all..

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Soshh

It's crazy isn't it? The point you make right there is one I've thought myself as well. Since we are long past the days of 'Total War' where 'Total Victory' was the only outcome, what exactly IS the point of war right now?

Point being though, doesn't ALL war eventually end in settlement and negotiated peace these days?

Well a wise man once said that war is a continuation of politics by other means. The need for war is based upon the fact that every country is as selfish as every other country and therefore not all of them will always do exactly what you want them to.

Generally speaking wars have to end with some form of compromise, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a valid reason for war in the first place - like there being something to gain or a lot to lose - and a war might end in stalemate but that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't at all successful. I just think that war is unnecessary in this case.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd like to chime in on the Fordo thing as well. It's an absurd idea that the US Air Force and DARPA et al could not come up with anything more sophisticated than a very large bomb. That they would load their largest aircraft with the largest version of an existing weapon that it could possibly carry and then suddenly run out of ideas.

The options aren't limited to dropping something on top of it either.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
I'd like to chime in on the Fordo thing as well. It's an absurd idea that the US Air Force and DARPA et al could not come up with anything more sophisticated than a very large bomb. That they would load their largest aircraft with the largest version of an existing weapon that it could possibly carry and then suddenly run out of ideas.
The options aren't limited to dropping something on top of it either.

yes of course, stuxnet worm, flame worm, spoiled sensitive instruments for example a tap which gets open automatically or a tiny hole in tubes ! terror. Mossad has tested everything

still there are many other options for example a satellite shoots a laser beam to Ferdo, but there is a problem then the star wars begin.
what about Dimona ! Israel attacks Sudan then Hammas attacks Dimona ! Israel puts a sophisticated doom on Dimona, then Hezbullah sends a little drone to spy on it !
it is a Domino !!!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

And its that kind of blind anti-American attitude that leads to U.S. arrogance in the first place!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

No, they can't be destroyed with an RPG-29, at least not the actual American models. I can't say much for the watered down monkey copies we sell to other countries though. Also, most Abrams that were hit by RPG's were left undamaged, or if damaged, not actually destroyed. Hell, YouTube has a video of an Abrams surviving a god awfully massive IED explosion directly under the chassis.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join