It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a US strike on Iran would look like.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

No there isn't.

Name a few. Oil? Saudi Arabia said it would take over Iran's output. Iraq has massive oil reserves it could drill and exploit. The United States could create hundreds of thousands of jobs drilling our massive oil supply.

Iran isn't needed. Their military and government should be obliterated. Russia gets involved? So be it.
edit on 28-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing that people don't realize that the US hasn't won a war since WWII despite numerous efforts everywhere... thus, the odds of past performance suggest the same results will continue into future conflicts as well.

So, if the best we can expect is a miserable draw then people need to consider the very real possibility of losing this one, especially when Iran is an established culture of 70 million well able to defend themselves against foreign invasion, and likely to do a very good job at it.

American's know so little about the countries they intend to destroy but clearly the Iranians think they're somebody and that means they aren't going to bow to the Great Satan, now or 100 years from now, despite predictions by rear-area armchair Generals.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As an American, I hope "we" as in our leaders do not go after Iran.
There are many more American's like myself that have had enough of the wars as well.

There are also Billions of people on the planet that have had enough of the wars, despite what their leaders try to push.

If this war comes to fruition, then I'll be pointing my finger where all the warmongers are at.
Considering the warmongers are alone and a small number, be they right or wrong, world opinion is against them just like world opinion was against Hitler, and I will not stand in the way when people come for them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by FoosM
You are quite blood thirsty aren't you?
You like the idea of killing & suffering, based on whatever fears your mind makes up.
Thats not a sign of a healthy mind. Maybe you should seek some professional help?

Yes.

LOL

Slayer you are one sick mf .. i knew it ! ahah (jk) we

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for jumping in

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Kind of amazing how many people underestimate US Military, especially around here. Even people in the U.S.
If you are judging US capabilities by Afgh and Iraq, you are sorely, sorely coming to the wrong conclusion. These are not "wars". These are precision strikes of sensitive nature against terrorists. Very little of the military power has actually been used.

China has two threats.

1. Cyber warfare. They have been working on this for quite some time.
2. Population and land. Defensively, it would be almost impossible to occupy them. That said, they have little offense against someone not on their land mass.

Russia is a larger threat. They have some advanced missile and torpedo capability with a small contingent of decent subs. Their ground forces are severely outdated though and air threat is growing increasingly minimal despise their best efforts.

The argument of #1 country in the world is pointless. Everyone thinks their country is best.
If it comes out to strategic military dominance - if you think the US isn't on top, you should be a comedian.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm speaking for ALL countries, actually all people when I say we don't need any more countries with nukes.

I say we don't need ANY Countries with nukes.......how easy is that?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IZombie
Kind of amazing how many people underestimate US Military, especially around here. Even people in the U.S.
If you are judging US capabilities by Afgh and Iraq, you are sorely, sorely coming to the wrong conclusion. These are not "wars". These are precision strikes of sensitive nature against terrorists. Very little of the military power has actually been used.

China has two threats.

1. Cyber warfare. They have been working on this for quite some time.
2. Population and land. Defensively, it would be almost impossible to occupy them. That said, they have little offense against someone not on their land mass.

Russia is a larger threat. They have some advanced missile and torpedo capability with a small contingent of decent subs. Their ground forces are severely outdated though and air threat is growing increasingly minimal despise their best efforts.

The argument of #1 country in the world is pointless. Everyone thinks their country is best.
If it comes out to strategic military dominance - if you think the US isn't on top, you should be a comedian.

Please do not forget the rubber Chinese subs that have a nasty habit of popping up in the middle of a US carrier group and no-one today in the US navy can say why this happened.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 28-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IZombie

This quote from your post above makes me smile a bit but not in a pleasant way but more in a sympathetic way I think is the word.

Kind of amazing how many people underestimate US Military, especially around here. Even people in the U.S. If you are judging US capabilities by Afgh and Iraq, you are sorely, sorely coming to the wrong conclusion. These are not "wars". These are precision strikes of sensitive nature against terrorists. Very little of the military power has actually been used.

If your above quote is correct then more power to you folks, at the expense of what?
I will tell you what right now, How about a country that is bankrupt on paper but still denies it?
How about a country that has one of the highest jobless rates in the world right now and I am not talking third world countries.

How about a country that cannot even feed or house their own poor let alone create jobs for them?

How about a county that has pinned a star on their chest stating that they are and will be the official world police like it or not.?

How about a country that screams every day about democracy and how good it is, when in fact they have police forces better armed than most nations.

Jack boots, armored tanks and personnel carriers, Full body Armour and high tech weaponry, etc etc etc.....

And that is just for the Americans stuck at home with no jobs and no chance of one any time soon.

Apologies If this post seems heavy handed, or perhaps a rant.

This is how I feel though so this is what is posted.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by IZombie

This quote from your post above makes me smile a bit but not in a pleasant way but more in a sympathetic way I think is the word.

Kind of amazing how many people underestimate US Military, especially around here. Even people in the U.S. If you are judging US capabilities by Afgh and Iraq, you are sorely, sorely coming to the wrong conclusion. These are not "wars". These are precision strikes of sensitive nature against terrorists. Very little of the military power has actually been used.

If your above quote is correct then more power to you folks, at the expense of what?
I will tell you what right now, How about a country that is bankrupt on paper but still denies it?
How about a country that has one of the highest jobless rates in the world right now and I am not talking third world countries.

How about a country that cannot even feed or house their own poor let alone create jobs for them?

How about a county that has pinned a star on their chest stating that they are and will be the official world police like it or not.?

How about a country that screams every day about democracy and how good it is, when in fact they have police forces better armed than most nations.

Jack boots, armored tanks and personnel carriers, Full body Armour and high tech weaponry, etc etc etc.....

And that is just for the Americans stuck at home with no jobs and no chance of one any time soon.

Apologies If this post seems heavy handed, or perhaps a rant.

This is how I feel though so this is what is posted.

Regards, Iwinder

1. What expense? I don't get what you are referring to.
2. I don't see how the US is "bankrupt". National debt does not = bankrupt. Bankrupt countries aren't able to spend more on military ALONE than the next 5 countries on the list. Bankrupt countries aren't able to send out BILLIONS in aid to other countries. You can't believe everything you see on the internet or read in the papers. The actual data really isn't that horrible.
3. You really think the hungry, poor and homeless in the US are THAT bad compared to every other country in the world? Give me a break. Even the homeless in the US are better off than in almost every other country in the world. Granted the unemployment may be bad, but it's improving after a 'depression'.
4. The world police point is a hard thing to argue about as we don't know what would have happened if the US never intervened, nor the actual intelligence involved. And it's not as if the US just bullies in by itself. Other countries do support their moves.
5. Not sure what you mean by the armed police comment either. Wouldn't that be a plus point for the US? Well armed police is a good thing in my mind.
6. Every country has unemployment issues. We also have a # ton of outside people coming in and a high mortality and birth rate. Plus military people coming home and taking some of the jobs. And these unemployed people aren't exactly suffering.

I'm not trying to be egotistical or brag about my country, but I think the outside world has a strange not so true view of us, as much as we have of them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear
It's pretty amazing that people don't realize that the US hasn't won a war since WWII despite numerous efforts everywhere... thus, the odds of past performance suggest the same results will continue into future conflicts as well.

So....

Meanwhile the Global political landscape over the past 40+ years have drastically changed..........

Archimedes?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some will get the meaning....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seems like a good plan that pinky and the brain may have cooked up if they were in power, I would say its got a dash of pinky more so then the brain. But really taking over any country on the face of this planet by sheer military might is not the problem. The problems always comes after that fact and when the dust settles. If the military machine is bored and has nothing better to do, I would suggests putting all there think tanks in finding other ways of wasting our time and resources then this, I am sure they can think of something else. And if not, well then it may be time to get some new think tanks, me thinks.

As for Iran I am quite sure they know the situation there in, for them its bound to be like being stuck smack dab in the middle of three supper powers each pulling in different directions, in this tug of war it can not win if it all comes to a direct pulling conflict, it just does not have the might to do so.

But again why are we supposed to be attacking Iran for? Especially when we seem to have boat load of problems at home, I see no point in creating more abroad which somebody is going to be paying for, and you can guess who that somebody is going to be. The whole military conflict to boost the economy is not working as great as it once was, in fact its down right just not all that cost effective anymore, and also must be why other nations such as china and russia are taking a more financial war type of approach to things instead of the old send in the troops approach. Don't get me wrong its still viable and needed, but no I do not think it would be the best approach in this situation.
edit on 28-10-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

lol, no.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've been saying for years, the U.S. won't invade Iran overtly. With the recent delisting of the MEK/PMOI from the list of terror groups, and the fact that the group has significant contacts in Iran, all the U.S. has to do is to give them a few hundred million dollars, let them set up shop in Afghanistan, and voila, we have a civil war in Iran that would make the one in Syria look like picnic. Not saying I support this, just saying that this is how I see it going down. It would become even easier if the MEK/PMOI were to combine forces with the other major rebel groups in Iran, and the more militant members of the old green movement from 2009.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 28-10-2012 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it's as simple as, "we owe them one".

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
nobody is going to nuke anybody ..Iran know once they have the bomb .they are pretty much safe from a defence point of view ..they also know it would be suicide to START a war with the so called big hitters . anyone with any intelligence knows this .. so where are we going with this?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I agree the consequences of attacking Iran may look grim, but you're not putting all the pieces into perspective. The greater question of course is, is it better to sit by and allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons? Is that truly what they're up to? If they get the nuclear capabilities, what will they do with them? You have to weigh these questions against the question of a preemptive strike. Personally I have days when I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the hype, but then I hear that crazy f*&$er Ahmena... whatever, talking and it scares the s@#* out of me to think he could some day have the authority to "push the button."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by FoosM
You are quite blood thirsty aren't you?
You like the idea of killing & suffering, based on whatever fears your mind makes up.
Thats not a sign of a healthy mind. Maybe you should seek some professional help?

Yes.

holy sht slay... that was mint!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join