It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a US strike on Iran would look like.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by SLAYER69

With the US's economy and the fact they told Iran not to attack them if Israel attacks Iran, leads me to believe (might be wrong) that the US will not enter a war with Iran.

Tell that to the zionists sitting in congress and there's alot of them. The president doesn't get to declare war, Congress has to and Obama won't do it but Romney? Romney went to the West Wall with rabbi's to pray wearing the Yamikah. He's as jewish as that squirrel out there climbing my tree. None of our presidents does anything on their own, theyre just the right hand of the real person who is in power.
edit on 28-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Red Cloak

I think you should go check out a few of splitinfinity's threads.

He seems to be well versed in some capabilities that we have.

Not trying to take away from your thread slayer.

I was just saying.

These targets they are talking about are buried under hard rock mountains and then hundreds of meters under the ground and reinforced with steel and concrete bunkers.

Anyone that thinks these targets can be taken out by anything other than large scale nuclear weapons is retarded.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Iran is not Iraq, you are right. They fought for a decade, conventional, and ended without victor.
US alone, defeated the Iraqi army in 2 weeks. lol Exactly.Iraq had 4th best military period.We destroyed them basically in days.Iran?Lol,hours?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

At least 16 F-18s,
and 10 B-2 bombers carrying 30,000 pound Massive Ordnance Penetrator bombs, would initially be required by US forces.

unless all attack craft were launched from Diego Garcia, then headed to the homeland, the refueling logistics would be way different

but then the homeland would get nuclear power stations attacked by the 50 or more covert 'cells' scattered throughout the USA... imagine 50+ reactors with damaged cores, all spewing out Fukushima levels of radiation

...that would recall the prophecy that the nations of the world will turn upon "Babylon" and burn it to ashes and utterly destroy It...

don't think that the diverse populations of every sect of Islam would not retaliate on the US...not just the martyrs brigades and Revolutionary Guard cells here in the USA

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
You are quite blood thirsty aren't you?
You like the idea of killing & suffering, based on whatever fears your mind makes up.
Thats not a sign of a healthy mind. Maybe you should seek some professional help?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's obvious some people cannot participate objectively in the discussion.

I appreciate all opinions posted both Pro and Con.

Thank you again.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I dont even think its close to what really will go on. first thing you will see is electronic take down. Could be a emp like weapon or something with in there network like a virus. during this process they will attempt if they was smart to maybe get them nuke reactors to overload and possible blow up. from that point your going to see a shower of sea to ground missiles with the assistance of stealth recon's providing targets at this point air craft will also be firing down the line with the help of the stealth recons from 200 miles out. The issues are though on the backing of iran. Russia, China. Our ships are not placed very well at this time to cover any kind of missile attacks on the west coast. We are not ready for this kind of fight yet. I really feel at this point if say israel struck on there own they would be left to be on there own. The true trick is. Is to get Iran to fire first. Or cause them nuke reactors to self explode. Why do you think the US had there chin out so to say when iran was talking about closing down the oil passway. Russia and China both stand firm if this is a Iran fire first. I do feel that when the US invaded Iraq when Iran was sending solders to help Iraq That was the US chance to step on them as part of the invasion but 0h well now. and im not even to sure if the US would be willing at this point to show off some of our new stuff. Russia has stated that the US can bring down planes and take control of them with nothing needed to be on board of the plane. to high powered rail guns. even the possibility of a space oriented weapons

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would expect the Navy to start this whole thing off with an onslaught of Tomahawk missiles from a few subs and guided missile destroyers, and the missiles would more than likely target Iran's primary defense positions. Once the defensive positions have been neutralized, the bombing would begin. Then troops would move in and try to convert everyone to Jesus, build schools, and teach women how to vote. Then America would install a new government, and then in 15 years we would go to war with them.
edit on 28-10-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Didn't realize a B2 could carry TWO 30,000 lb bombs.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

They have a Ballistics Missile Base right out in the Arabian Gulf by the Abu Musa island? It seems whoever put this map together was just throwing darts at the map with their tips dipped in red ink. The funny thing is....this is how they probably did it. (Rockefeller to his puppet) -"where shall we attack in Iran?, Obama fetch....the darts like a good little puppy". .......a Ballistics Missile Base in the middle of the water, clearly the details are to be worked out yet.

Iraq is one thing but whilst discussing Iran, literally the last hope that the Middle East can call itself independent of the Western Rule (let's face it, if America and Israel take over Iran too....it's over for the Middle east...cheeseburgers and police beat downs for all).

Back on topic, I trailed of as (believe it or not I actually just finished a bacon cheeseburger :lol

We witnessed a change of plans when we started fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. They don't play by our rules of the Geneva Convention or Civil War....they dress up like police, common farmers with hidden weapons or even women.....and over there you can't tell the difference between a man dressed like a woman and an old woman....kind of like in America,.....they all look like men. Ha!

At any rate, who's to say that they don't have a hidden Alliance with countries other than China, Germany, Russia and France?

Let's face it everyone in the middle east will suffer if America takes over, there is a common interest there.
A temporary alliance with Qatar, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Oman would assure that anyone who was suicidal enough to pull up into the Arabian Gulf would be flanked on all sides.

China's subs and Russian warships would then close off the only entrance to the Arabian Gulf.....This would ba a Slaughter for anyone trapped in there.

A Middle Eastern blender, if you will. Not to mention France,Germany, The Chinese and Russians would be inside of Iran fighting against only 2 countries.........America and Israel . Any other allies to America and Israel would be of no use, Bush proved that when he went to war in Iraq with just a handful of useless NATO allies.

This war will not be about oil or drugs or freedom......it will be the last war between the European Illuminati Society and the (Illuminati of the Middle East) The Muslim Brotherhood. America is licking HER chops and is getting restless and greedy insomuch that SHE is willing to risk it all by impatience and just blatant suicidal tendencies.

This is where SHE is dangerous, because this type of behavior would suggest that we're SHE not to get what SHE wants.......SHE would start lobbing nukes and destroy it all just to make sure that no one else could have it.

WW3, world annihilation, the apocalypse ...call it what you want but Lady Liberty has always manipulated the minds of not only HER own people, but the whole world.
This psychopathic administration will do ANYTHING to ANYONE because it is a psychopathic, sociopathic entity with no empathy nor sympathy for anyone......it just wants and will kill itself and anyone else... to get!

The Muslim Brotherhood's very plans, admitted on camera was to place someone on the inside in America and take her out from the inside.......In comes OBAMA.

Currently, the Muslims are winning. America is near death....and it did happen from the inside as the MB had planned, by a guy who no one really knows anything about...it's all conjecture. No real history other than a few photos that could have been made in Photoshop, the whole birth certificate thing....investigated by professionals and claimed to be faked, etc.

The image of America has been destroyed, the world hates us. Our allies tolerate us only because of the Federal Reserve and the currency situation....which I might add, the Federal Reserve is being used to choke this one and only thing we have as a foothold in this world. Which is why Kennedy got shot in the head and Lincoln got shot in the head....for trying to out-think the Bankers. More recently there was Saddam Hussein and Mohammar Quadafi who tried to establish their own currency based on a gold standard.....again, America conveniently moved in waving the flag of peace, with American population support....going to war because Al-queida (not even in Iraq at the time) blew up a couple of buildings in New York,........buildings that were somehow tied to our economic system ...LITERALLY. For when those physical buildings fell.......our economy started to crumble. I can't make the connection, but I digress.

My main point is here is that if America attacks Iran, a very insane and stupid move......America will get slaughtered....THE END!
edit on 28-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Didn't realize a B2 could carry TWO 30,000 lb bombs.

Max capacity was 40,000 each

So it would take a couple each on every target...

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, United States of America

Wouldn't be the first time to max out a bomber.
Enola Gay?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think you are off the mark. He has done nothing but continue the same about face as Bush crushing what rights we had left

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I think some points needs to be considered in those maps.
1-I see no sign of underground sejjil missles. they are solid fuel, ballistic ready to launch and under ground. I am sure they have stored lots of them in Iran's deserts. I think they can reach Israel even from central Iran.

2-if USA wants to attack Iran (just an if) first it should send it's carriers out of Persian gulf and Oman sea to as far as in the Indian sea. those big carriers are large targets for Iran's supersonic ground to sea and sea to sea destructive missiles. moreover they can easily put many mines in the narrow Strait of Hormuz so that they can have enough time to attack those big carriers with multitudes of their tiny submarines and fast boats ! like a bear that gets stuck among cannibal ants' colony !

3-those B2 and fighters have to pass some defensive layers from south to north. even if those fighters be successful to escape radars then after the attack they can not return as safely as they could reach their targets because of electronic wars !

I think USA attacks when it is sure that it can gain something and especially when there is no central government or it is weak enough so the war can be inexpensive.
the amazing truth is that USA never started a large scale war against Iran directly even when Iran was so weak thirty years ago. but it supported Saddam when it attacked Iran and it was supported also by many arab regimes and even soviet union had a dual role to support both sides. but after eight years asymmetrical war nothing happened. but now Russia and China are not on the side of USA in case of a such conflict.
USA decides wisely so it will not engage in such a war which endangers all the world, and it is just on behalf of Israel ! however I doubt that it can be even beneficial to Israel !!

edit on 28-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The goal is not Iran's nuclear capabilities. Never has been. The goal is nothing short of the subjugation of the entire Middle East. Haven't we been on that path since the 1st gulf war? Even further back if you consider our guy (the Shah) and the war between Iraq and Iran where we armed both sides. Since WWII basically the western corporations and military industrial complex have had their eyes dead set on all that black gold and other resources.

Shooting an operating nuclear power reactor anywhere in the region would just complicate the whole thing immensely . Nobody is going to do that. It would be like shooting ourselves in the foot. We want the country and its reserves intact, not radioactive.

But lets just imagine for a moment how hard it would be to disable (the reactor). A few unmanned cruise missiles could arrive low and fast from all the points of the compass at once. They would not have to "penetrate" the containment dome, just destroy the coolant flow pipes and emergency back up systems that lead in and out of the building. If in operation, the reactor core would quickly over heat and destroy itself.

Like I said though, that would be really, really stupid.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

These targets they are talking about are buried under hard rock mountains and then hundreds of meters under the ground and reinforced with steel and concrete bunkers

Thats why aim for other things - air vents, power grid, water lines , enterence/exits from the facility

Without them its simply big hole in ground......

Hit them

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Since when is anti-war synonymous with anti-Israel?

Since Iran started building nukes.

Sorry Beezer but that does not any make sense whatsoever.

First off your response has absolutely nothing to do with their question.

Also, when did Iran start building nukes? Where is the proof for this?

Israel and the United States even admitted that Iran is not building nukes.

Israel army chief says Iran not building nuclear bomb

U.S. still believes Iran not on verge of nuclear weapon

The United States still believes that Iran is not on the verge of having a nuclear weapon and that Tehran has not made a decision to pursue one, U.S. officials said on Thursday.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I believe that the US and it's allies could easily pull it off with any plan they choose but the aftermath is what worries me.

Even though the West would be successful, it would be costly for the region and the world as well.

I hope the people making these plans snap out of their greed and thirst for blood and put an end to this madness that they have been inflicting upon the world for decades.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

But Iran has been Covertly active for decades.

As the US has also been active covertly and overtly in Iran for decades.

Let's put things into proper context here before we get too carried away.

1953 Iranian coup d'état

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état (known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup[3]) was the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran, and its head of government Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the intelligence agencies of the United Kingdom (under the name 'Operation Boot') and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[4][5] The coup saw the transition of Mohammad-Rezā Shāh Pahlavi from a constitutional monarch to an authoritarian one who relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979.[6]

In 1951, Iran's oil industry was nationalized with near-unanimous support of Iran's parliament in a bill introduced by Mossadegh who led the nationalist parliamentarian faction. Iran's oil had been controlled by the British-owned Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), now known as BP.[7] Popular discontent with the AIOC began in the late 1940s, a large segment of Iran's public and a number of politicians saw the company as exploitative and a vestige of British imperialism.[8] Despite Mosaddegh's popular support, Britain was unwilling to negotiate its single most valuable foreign asset, and instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically.[9] Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the Abadan oil refinery, the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott[10] while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.[11] With a change to more conservative governments in both Britain and the United States, Churchill and the U.S. Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government though the predecessor U.S. Truman administration had opposed a coup.[12] Classified documents show British intelligence officials played a pivotal role in initiating and planning the coup, and that Washington and London shared an interest in maintaining control over Iranian oil.[13]

I'm confident that you know the rest of the story from there on out.

Doesn't Warrant any kind of legitimate response?

I don't know, you tell me.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If the scenario is as painted in the original post, (and I am not taking sides on right or wrong), I would expect disruption to the Iranian people by destroying the power stations (graphite bombs) - in the hope from the US that the Iranian people blame this (eventually) on their own government. I would also expect the US to have non nuclear EMP bombs. I would also expect more use of drone attacks, (truely co-ordinated with aircraft and cruise missiles). I would also expect the first phase of attack to be cyber warfare.

The Americans have a very good record for their air campaign - Gulf War One and Serbia to name two cases (the latter country certainly supplied by Russia).

I would also expect Iran to have learnt from the wars that have been fought around them. They would, like Saddam before, throw everything including the kitchen sink at Israel to provoke a response from other Arab countries. I would also expect their allies to start a war for their name (Syria is a little tied up at the moment, Lebanon has its own issues so trouble would come from Gaza).

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A strike on Iran, in my opinion, should not be an option for the US at this point. Israel already gets so much military support from the US that they need to handle this on their own, since they feel like they need to "do something," which is preposterous to say the least.

Look back at all of the actions the US has been involved in since the Gulf War. All of these countries have been rolled over in relatively short order. This will not be the case with Iran, because they have a modern military, and their soldiers will not act like Hussein's did during the Gulf War. Iran's soldiers will be standing for what they perceive to be ideals, therefore they will not fall as easily or as quickly.

The US must realize this by now, and the US leadership surely knows the strains this will put on our population. In my opinion, what will happen regarding the economy is that a war will further divide the haves from the have nots. The money made by large corporations from a war with Iran will remain within those large corporations, and will not find its way to the regular people of middle and lower classes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join