This is what a US strike on Iran would look like.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

I think you should go check out a few of splitinfinity's threads.

He seems to be well versed in some capabilities that we have.

Not trying to take away from your thread slayer.

I was just saying.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by beezzer

You anti-Israel folks will have to find another word other than war-monger to call us.
Ive been called worse by the Pro-War crowd. That doesnt bother me, name calling.

But if you must "label" me Beez, Call me what I am.

A Patriot of the US.

If Israel wants War with Iran, let them have it, Just keep the US out of it.

Did you even read my post?

I don't believe we will ever go to war with Iran! It is my hope that no-one gets bombed!
('cept me, on friday nights with a bottle of single malt!)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
First of all China is our bitch. Dummies think that China owns us because we owe them some coin. We owe them so much coin that it's really all they have. They also would be dead in the water if weren't for the US consumer buying the products. China is still our bitch. US troubles are big time troubles for China.

Russia isn't a problem. Russia has lucrative contracts with a number of ME countries. So did a number of EU members. Like France. They didn't give a shi7 about us going to war, only that we would possibly mess up their contracts. You think Russia wants to get wiped off the map for a profit they wouldn't see if they were all gone? Preposterous.

There is no threat of WW3. The US would win, and everyone including the US would lose.

We need to take Iran's nuclear ambitions off the table. I hear it said so often that every sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. Fine. Where does that end? I don't care if Iran has never attacked another country. I don't want any country gaining nuclear capability. Not even Costa Rica. Idiots shout the US was the only country to ever use a nuke. So if we couldn't be trusted with such power what makes you think a sh## box like Iran can be?

The countries with the bomb have a responsibility to humanity to keep the technology from spreading. I believe we also have a responsibility to dismantle those bombs that we already hold.

How can anyone support Iran in their quest for nuclear arms? You really want another country capable of that kind of destruction? You think it's a right?

I think the Iranian people are probably just about the same as the American people. We just want to have a good life, live, love and smile.

The US is superior. You can be as Muslim as you want. You can also be a bacon munching, beer guzzling, dog snuggling, girl chasing sexy SOB like me without getting your head cut off.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
First of all China is our bitch. Dummies think that China owns us because we owe them some coin. We owe them so much coin that it's really all they have. They also would be dead in the water if weren't for the US consumer buying the products. China is still our bitch. US troubles are big time troubles for China.

Russia isn't a problem. Russia has lucrative contracts with a number of ME countries. So did a number of EU members. Like France. They didn't give a shi7 about us going to war, only that we would possibly mess up their contracts. You think Russia wants to get wiped off the map for a profit they wouldn't see if they were all gone? Preposterous.

There is no threat of WW3. The US would win, and everyone including the US would lose.

We need to take Iran's nuclear ambitions off the table. I hear it said so often that every sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. Fine. Where does that end? I don't care if Iran has never attacked another country. I don't want any country gaining nuclear capability. Not even Costa Rica. Idiots shout the US was the only country to ever use a nuke. So if we couldn't be trusted with such power what makes you think a sh## box like Iran can be?

The countries with the bomb have a responsibility to humanity to keep the technology from spreading. I believe we also have a responsibility to dismantle those bombs that we already hold.

How can anyone support Iran in their quest for nuclear arms? You really want another country capable of that kind of destruction? You think it's a right?

I think the Iranian people are probably just about the same as the American people. We just want to have a good life, live, love and smile.

The US is superior. You can be as Muslim as you want. You can also be a bacon munching, beer guzzling, dog snuggling, girl chasing sexy SOB like me without getting your head cut off.

And it is this sort of arrogance that makes me loathe and despise the US and the scum that live in it.

God I hope you get a painful retribution, maybe a strike on some of your very fragile faultlines
edit on 28-10-2012 by Rebroadcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I wonder , what kind of warheads will Iran respond with ?

Also , can't help but wonder if Irans contempt of Israel will cause Iran to focus to much on Israel and not on enough on key tactical targets .

Not implying that Iran is strategically lame ..... Hmmmm .... Ok , you know what I mean ... But I get the impression that Iran see this more on a symbolic level , rather than a tactical issue .

I would also go out on a limb and say that Iran is seriously underestimating what a first strike will consist of .

As for China , I think they are simply putting on a show . IMHO they want to see the US smack Iran just so they , China , can see what new shinny toys the US has . China knows full well that they will keep getting Iranian oil , no matter what new government may take over in Iran .
edit on 28-10-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
See...at this point I don't know what to expect. All I see is a constant state of coercion and "wall street style" moves.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

And it is this sort of arrogance that makes me loathe and despise the US and the scum that live in it.

What arrogance? I just don't want even more countries getting a nuke. Show me where I was arrogant. I might surprise you and agree.

God I hope you get a painful retribution, maybe a strike on some of your very fragile faultlines

Well that's not very nice. I take it the irony fairy sprinkled silly dust on you before you posted.

I don't wish any harm for any people. I do hope that my country continues to be the #1 superpower. Why would anyone want anything different aside from a world where superpowers were not needed, you know the kind of world with no nukes?

Iran getting nuclear weapons only makes the world worse. ANY country getting nukes makes the world worse. We should fight it. The US is the greatest country to have existed. she has her faults and problems, but at the end of the day there is no other country I would rather be a citizen of.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

What arrogance? I just don't want even more countries getting a nuke. Show me where I was arrogant. I might surprise you and agree.

The sort of arrogance you have clearly displayed in your response. The risible idea that you are the greatest nation on earth, which you aren't, not even close. The idea that your country can choose who and what happens on earth. It makes me sick.

Well that's not very nice. I take it the irony fairy sprinkled silly dust on you before you posted.

I don't wish any harm for any people. I do hope that my country continues to be the #1 superpower. Why would anyone want anything different aside from a world where superpowers were not needed, you know the kind of world with no nukes?

Your country isn't even close to being number 1 anything.

Iran getting nuclear weapons only makes the world worse. ANY country getting nukes makes the world worse. We should fight it. The US is the greatest country to have existed. she has her faults and problems, but at the end of the day there is no other country I would rather be a citizen of.

You have no right to decide what happens in foreign countries. If governments want to develop nukes, so be it.

This idea that the US is the greatest is absolutely hilarious, considering you rank lower than most EU countries in EVERY SINGLE respect. That statement is totally outragous.

The US is a crime against humanity, and no group of people have done more to collectively lower the combined IQ of the worlds' population more than the avarage US American

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-10-2012 by Rebroadcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thank You for the nice compliment. I appreciate your trust. Another poster on this Topic said it well when they said...No one knows for sure what the real extent of U.S. Military Capabilities really are as they could possibly use some High Tech. Weaponry against Iran. That is not word for word but that was basically what they said and they are correct.

Cover Ultra-Secret Weapons Development Budgets of the U.S. Military are the size of some country's entire GNP. I have a small insight into this area of the Military as I from time to time...perform JOBS for them and as example...my life was saved by a High Tech. Ultra Light Vest which weighs almost nothing in comparison with others that have Steel and Ceramic Plates. I was shot at close range multiple times and although there was some ballistic penetration...this vest is designed to...CATCH...rounds like a Chinese Finger Puzzle. This is not standard issue but it should be!

As far as Advanced U.S. Weapons...Direct Energy Weapons are what the U.S. Military is now INSTALLING on the new Ford Class Carriers as well as Aegis Cruisers and there are other weapons of such power that i could spend all day typing.

When I read a post where some one is stating that IRAN would KICK our ASS...I have to laugh. No one in this World has a real idea of just how Advanced U.S. Military Tech. is as well as Ultra-Secret Weapons which could be used and no one would ever KNOW except the POOR SOB'S that saw a Micro-Second FLASH before being VAPORIZED.

If I was an Iranian Military Leader...I would either DEFECT or I would cut a deal with the U.S. Military as I believe is happening now. They are NOT STUPID! They KNOW they are very out classed. The only question that remains is will they STAND DOWN or do something stupid such as follow SUICIDAL ORDERS?

I think they will CUT A DEAL and stand down. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
anyone saw the movie "The Revenant" ?

the end of the movie show something for Iran

edit on 10/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Since Iran started building nukes.

What nukes?

Last I heard, Israel had them with a bunch of other countries including the USA...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Since Iran started building nukes.

What nukes?

Last I heard, Israel had them with a bunch of other countries including the USA...

More to the point, Israel has them and has never been subjected to the hostility and sanctions that are imposed on Iran. And why was this also the case when South Africa were developing nukes?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

As long as Obama is in office, this'll be just a pipe-dream.

If Romney becomes president, see a similar Iran reaction to when Reagan won.

So, no war.

Sorry folks, but it won't be happening.

You anti-Israel folks will have to find another word other than war-monger to call us.

SnF!

I really don't understand the anti-Israeli sentiment on ATS. Especially with regards to Iran.

Israel has not attacked Iran. Israel has not sponsored terrorist groups against Iran.

Iran has and continues to support terrorist groups against Israel.

Israel, just like any other country, has every right to defend it self.

As for Iran strike plans in the link, LOL. I agree with the other guy, they aren't going to release any classified plans.
Keep in mind, what the link says is just speculation by the reporters. It is not any of the possibly numerous plans for attack against Iran by the US.

So people commenting that if Romney gets in, that a US attack would look similar to what the link describes are completely and utterly clueless, naive and basically moronic and a few other things I shouldn't say.

Using some basic knowledge, what a US attack would involve is airforce, navy, and special forces.
Anyone can come to that conclusion.
Anything more then that is guessing and speculation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The US is superior

The United States of America is no longer superior as it once was in the past during the 1960s at the height of the end of the cold war.

New regional countries in Asia are emerging as a superior which includes India, China, and few others which have been slowly growing based on economical backgrounds.

The US would win

No if there is a Nuclear warfare no one would win other then there own countries been destroyed in a nuclear fry.

And no if we are talking about the current military strength and militarist technologies. If Russia and China were to form a collation of there own against America and there own allies of the eastern Asian unities. America and Britain wouldn't stand a chance on the battlefield.

How can anyone support Iran in their quest for nuclear arms?

I could i also the similar then how can anyone support Israel and there nuclear power if they haven't signed into the nuclear treaty?

You really want another country capable of that kind of destruction? You think it's a right?

Was Iraq, Saddam a threat? no, was Saddam planning to build a WMD, no. So what makes you say and believe that Iran is building a WMD? is it because the mainstream news outlets told you so to believe it as a fact?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Iran will also respond, maybe even on own shores. Any war will push gas prices sky high, having more of an effect on th American economy than the 2008 crash. Are these things worth risking for an unknown and unproven threat?

I would say from an economic perspective America can not afford this potential war and I don't believe there is the appetite to see the loss of more American lives in far off countries. I could be wrong. Let's hope cool heads prevail.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
One thing i have noticed again and again in my conversations with many different
people from all over the US and the globe is the lack of understanding on just how
robust the US military really is, our own citizens have been sold this idea that our
military is now weak and people from all over the globe have also bought it for the
most part anyway.

What i always point out is the US military alone could defeat almost every other
military power in the world, the amount of money we have poured into our
military over the past few decades is so completely mind boggling that
no one will even believe it.

you do not put that kind of money into something to just stay with the pack
per say, you do that to have the most advanced of whatever it is your pouring
money into, now on the other hand you don't want people to know this as
it tips your hand far too soon and could even give some reason to attack
out of fear, but make no mistake the US military is a terrifying prospect,
more for what you don't know about then what you do know about.

I always try to point out a story to people, in the early 60's I believe it was
the US developed a missile that was thought to be so dangerous to even
have in the arsenal that it was scrapped, the reason behind that some
say is Russia found out about it and we were worried that if put into
actual service Russia would use it as an excuse for a preemptive strike
as it was simply that powerful of a weapon.

Word had it that this weapon could destroy all of Russia cities with just
one single missile..... it was a multi warhead nuclear missile with an
experimental guidance system on it. now imagine weapons that make
that look like the first missiles ever tested and you get the idea. 40 years
worth of technology from the guys who gave us stealth tech and flying
lasers 20 years ago.........

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
One thing i have noticed again and again in my conversations with many different
people from all over the US and the globe is the lack of understanding on just how
robust the US military really is, our own citizens have been sold this idea that our
military is now weak and people from all over the globe have also bought it for the
most part anyway.

What i always point out is the US military alone could defeat almost every other

And yet for all of this money and technology, you are unable to defeat any enemy who you encounter post WW2. And Chinese submarines are free to hang around your carrier groups undetected, and in one of the most hilarious things I have ever read, Russian submarines can now sail completely undetected into the US occupied Gulf of Mexico!

rt.com...

To say nothing of China's ability to sink your beloved aircraft carriers to the bottom of the sea, and the Russians being able to buzz your aircraft carriers with ancient Soviet bombers in your own back yard

edition.cnn.com...

The Iranians downed your most sophisticated UAV, and years before that, the U2 spy plane became a popular target for successful missile launches.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast

Originally posted by bloodreviara
most part anyway.

And yet for all of this money and technology, you are unable to defeat any enemy who you encounter post WW2. And Chinese submarines are free to hang around your carrier groups undetected, and in one of the most hilarious things I have ever read, Russian submarines can now sail completely undetected into the US occupied Gulf of Mexico!

rt.com...

To say nothing of China's ability to sink your beloved aircraft carriers to the bottom of the sea, and the Russians being able to buzz your aircraft carriers with ancient Soviet bombers in your own back yard

edition.cnn.com...

The Iranians downed your most sophisticated UAV, and years before that, the U2 spy plane became a popular target for successful missile launches.

Just drop one small tactical nuke bomb over Iran, tell the ayatollahs first and let them know and see the consequences.
After all you guys did it over Hiroshima and Ngasaki, so why not Teheran?
Come on warmingers let it rip!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The United States of America is no longer superior as it once was in the past during the 1960s at the height of the end of the cold war.

Technologically the USA is far more advanced than any other nation on earth - and the amount of money it ploughs into black projects far outstrips most countries total defence budget.
Yes, some Asian countries are making 'progress' but they are still some way behind the USA.

No if there is a Nuclear warfare no one would win other then there own countries been destroyed in a nuclear fry.

I agree, in a nuclear confrontation no-one will win - and the established nuclear nations knows this - they have lived with MAD for quite some time now.
And that is why none of them, despite the public rhetoric of Russia and China, want the status quo to be rocked by such a random and unknown quantity like Iran.

And no if we are talking about the current military strength and militarist technologies. If Russia and China were to form a collation of there own against America and there own allies of the eastern Asian unities. America and Britain wouldn't stand a chance on the battlefield.

First of all, why would China and Russia want to form a coalition against the USA and UK?
What would they gain from that apart from worldwide devestation and possibly obliteration?

Secondly, your whole post seems to consist of 'if' this and 'if' that.
If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle. (Good old Cloughie.)
Why not talk about what is.
And the reality is that no-one wants Iran to gain nuclear weapon capability.
No-one is going to attack Iran, at least not whilst it appears sanctions are beginning to take effect and there seems to be some sort of power struggle within Iran.

I could i also the similar then how can anyone support Israel and there nuclear power if they haven't signed into the nuclear treaty?

I agree.
But that is an inherited situation and no amount of wishing can alter the FACT that Israel has weapons and they are not going to unilaterally disarm them.
Israel needs to be told in no uncertain terms what will happen to them if they decide to use nuclear weapons in a preemptive first strike against anyone.

Was Iraq, Saddam a threat?

Not directly to 'the west' but he was very much a threat to regional stability and to any domestic dissenters etc.

That doesn't alter the fact that the Iraq war was sold to us on a lie.

no, was Saddam planning to build a WMD, no.

He probably was planning to do so, the lie was that we were told he had actually built them and was ready to deploy them when the truth was that he hadn't built any and as such was quite obviously unable to deploy any of them.

It is worth reminding people that whilst the Iraq war was most definately based on lies and deceit, and those responsible should be prosecuted in a court of law, but it is also true to say that Saddam was an odious, barbaric tyrant who was responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people and he fully intended to to enforce his will and reign over even more people in the region.
Saddam deserved everything he got.
The Iraqi people however deserved much better than what they subsequently got.

So what makes you say and believe that Iran is building a WMD?

Maybe if Iran was a bit more transparent and open in it's dealings with regulatory bodies it wouldn't find itself becoming something of an international pariah.

is it because the mainstream news outlets told you so to believe it as a fact?

Valid point.
But there seems to be conflicting 'evidence' - some suggests that Iran does have a nuclear weapons programme, other sources imply that it hasn't.
edit on 28/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Saddam was infact in the process of enriching Uranium, this program was attacked by both Israel and Iran in the 1980s during the Iranian Launched Operation Scorched Sword

en.wikipedia.org...

And the Israeli launched Operation Opera

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum