It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Chances?!? Hurricane 'Sandy' Drill From 1997

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes you think it's all pre-planned...

www.weca.org...

Westchester County Communications Officer Sandy Fried, an Amateur Radio operator and ODES staff member, had recently attended a training seminar at the National Hurricane Center in Miami. Part of the training was a simulation using data from the Hurricane of 1938 that caused major losses on Long Island and in Westchester. The texts of the simulated bulletins, forecasts, discussions and strike probabilities along with the hurricane's track were sent home with the seminar attendees. We named the simulated hurricane after Sandy, who incidentally was nine years old during the real Hurricane of 1938.

These texts were used as the drill stimulus. They were time-shifted to simulate land-fall around 6pm on Saturday, October 4th. Working backward from this time, we used these texts to generate and automatically update a World Wide Web status page (www.weca.org...) and send email to the Westchester ARES/RACES email reflector and fax to the County Emergency Operations center at the times that the National Weather Service would normally have sent them.

The perfect storm, at the perfect time....had a drill named after it. Look at the projected path -

There's always a drill, right?

www.bloomberg.com...

That link reads just like the drill....

Follow the script, everybody, follow the script!

What are the chances?

edit to add - > www.haarpstatus.com...

Possibly related?!?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I honestly think its more of a conspiracy to dumb people down , they`re making sure you cant remember anything youve seen before.

They do it all the time with the MSM , they`ve reported the same things a few times and it seems to go un noticed.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Well it's either that....Or the need to flaunt it front of our faces!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The 1938 storm is not as well known now because of the more infamous recent storms. But it still ranks in the top 10 of most destructive storms in the US.

It had over 1 billion dollars in damage in today's currency.

In fact, I think it is even underplayed a little bit, considering the population and the buildings at the time, not nearly what they are now.

At that time, they did not name storms. So they just call it the storm of 1938.

It is routine to run exercises off of previous events, since the information is already there. Most pandemic flu exercises ran by the government are based on the 1918 spanish flu, since that was the worst.

So since they didn't have it a name to call it, the woman, SANDY, called it hurricane Sandy.

sorry, but no conspiracy here.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Not so sure about that, read the "drill" description, the similarities are uncanny -

(from my original link)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What are the chances?

Well there's about 270 different names used for Hurricanes.....
so 1 in 270.

Don't get me wrong, it's kind of interesting. But I don't think the odds warrant calling it a conspiracy though.

on a side note, I don't see anything in the bloomberg article that is remotely similar to the drill? Mind explaining what other coincidences you are seeing besides the name?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
if it was all pre-planned, wouldn't they change the names ?

lol

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well there's about 270 different names used for Hurricanes.....
so 1 in 270
yeah, in about 10yrs time ... 270 ? hahahahahahahaha

there are nearly 15 named storms per year for decades --> all of which have a name of their own which is retired once assigned.

there are plenty of names to choose from so it is most ironic that the Drill name and this particular storm name are identical.
(not close, not an abbreviation, not slang, not even an "i" vs "y")

yes, i would agree that all of the similarities are beyond coincidence.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Perhaps, but I'm not sure THIS is a coincidence. Apparently almost a month ago someone made a post on reddit claiming they had insider (military) information about a coming possibly DISASTROUS storm, predicted for this exact timeframe. This looks like it could be legit intel:

About 2 weeks ago my mom called me to see if I had a bug out plan, which is interesting because we have never talked about anything like this. We have discussed politics, religion and various other issues, but nothing along the lines of "What do we do if the # hits the fan?" Her reasoning behind this is that her best friend of 37 years called her and said that her daughter and son-in-law were called into a private meeting on base regarding a probable evacuation scenario of the East Coast. (Son-in-law is in the Special Forces, apparently high up. I think the base was Ft. McPhearson in Georgia). From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice. That is about all I have. This does come from someone I trust, and someone who trusts her daughter and son-in-law. I don't see any reason for them to make it up or freak out over a routine or drill. From what my moms friend says the military does not do these types of drills without warning everyone that it is just a drill. She has been married to a military man for 20 years.

Source: www.reddit.com...

Take note that this post is 22 days old.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Interesting, one wonders if they could perhaps call off the elections during a "national state of emergency", bring in UN troops to quell riots / looting.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

wonder no more ... it's all part of the plan.
suspended elections have been anticipated for 3 or more years ... i guess we'll see soon enough.
even if the elections complete, there is no guarantee the state of affairs will remain tangible until the next inauguration ... much can happen in 60 days.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by iwilliam

Interesting, one wonders if they could perhaps call off the elections during a "national state of emergency", bring in UN troops to quell riots / looting.....

That is precisely what I have been expecting to happen, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to me.

I am curious though, would suspending the elections cause a widespread uprising across the rest of the US? Would something like this on the northern east coast be sufficient to lead to a "national state of emergency"?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Perhaps, but I'm not sure THIS is a coincidence. Apparently almost a month ago someone made a post on reddit claiming they had insider (military) information about a coming possibly DISASTROUS storm, predicted for this exact timeframe. This looks like it could be legit intel:

About 2 weeks ago my mom called me to see if I had a bug out plan, which is interesting because we have never talked about anything like this. We have discussed politics, religion and various other issues, but nothing along the lines of "What do we do if the # hits the fan?" Her reasoning behind this is that her best friend of 37 years called her and said that her daughter and son-in-law were called into a private meeting on base regarding a probable evacuation scenario of the East Coast. (Son-in-law is in the Special Forces, apparently high up. I think the base was Ft. McPhearson in Georgia). From what she said, the daughter and SIL where brought in and made to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying they would tell no one, under the penalty of treason, what they were told during the meeting. They were told that in 4-6 weeks (this was around 9/20) the East Coast would experience some type of disaster that would cause it to be under water. They were also told to make a go bag and be prepared to leave at a moments notice. That is about all I have. This does come from someone I trust, and someone who trusts her daughter and son-in-law. I don't see any reason for them to make it up or freak out over a routine or drill. From what my moms friend says the military does not do these types of drills without warning everyone that it is just a drill. She has been married to a military man for 20 years.

Source: www.reddit.com...

I would have to say that this probably has more to do with the Louisianna Sinkhole and less to do with the Hurricane. The whole area around the Sinkhole for about 500 miles is unstable and seismic activity could trigger the New Madrid fault. It would be advised anyone living anywhere close to that area to move away as soon as possible. I can see the Edgar Casey prediction coming true.
Take note that this post is 22 days old.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is not a normal storm. HAARP? Who knows.
First of all, I was suspicious when I read that 43 people died from this weak hurricane/tropical storm.

So I ran a few photos from the AP through fotoforensics. Faked up damage photos from stock images.
Then I hear they ID'd one of the dead as being a CEO of an unnamed bank.
No word on the other 42 alleged people.

The fact there was a drill by this name and following a more than coincidental path is suspect.
I haven't heard it referred to as a "Perfect Storm" all day.
Just that it is going to get sandwiched between two opposing fronts and just dump water over the area that is affected. Supposedly some 800 mile stretch of the most populated area in the country. CBS morning show described it as affecting 1 in 8 of the whole population of the nation when it's done.

But, here's the thing. That same CBS morning show featured a radar with heavy rain bands over my area of the coast. Very light wind and no rain for the whole time it was offshore from us.
On News4Jax last night, the reports showed rainbans on doppler that magically disappeared just before they hit land. Which I was glad of, but at the same time curious as to what kept them offshore as the prevailing 'wind' was onshore.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Yes, if the world financial center (NYC) is underwater it could....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

nah, the leading World Financial Center is in Hong Kong now, not NY.
yallafinance.com...
London and Singpore aren't far behind either.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
man, it's like people will do anything to avoid the realization that the atmosphere just has more energy and moisture in it from global warming, thus bigger storms

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

What does global warming have to do with this thread?

Next thing I guess is for you to explain how Al Gore invented the internet....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm no expert on the average path for a hurricane which winds up hitting the east coast, but do know that they all stem from the equator. It seems reasonable that the majority would follow some of the same basic paths, due to natural wind patterns, and fluctuations in the ocean's temperature from area to area.

So basically, I think you're stretching to make this into a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

but do know that they all stem from the equator
you really don't know much about hurricanes at all, do ya ??

tip: most of them begin off the coast of Africa, well above the equator ... very few of them approach landfall this far north and even fewer of them encounter a contributing low pressure along the way.

oh yeah, if you actually look over the history of hurricanes making east coast landfalls, you should also notice that none of them have followed in Sandy's path except for the "hypothetical" one.
(the 1938 storm tracked similarly but even it showed distinct differences)
www2.sunysuffolk.edu...
coincidence, maybe but more doubtful by the moment.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join