It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genie is out of the bottle - Methane Gas -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
last year according to this Coast to Coast AM Guest ....
food production was around 90% of consumption.
the north pole is melting faster than any known time in history. and the wave
action and the melting is releasing green house gases namely Methane which is 90 times
worse than Caborn dioxide and well this process is gaining momentum and we might
have let the genie out of the bottle and we started a process we can not stop....
the south pole is experiencing just the opposite as the ice is building up faster than ever..
and perma frost from around the world is melting releasing even more Methane....

the whole show was excellent - but the climate stuff was like about 57 minute mark until the end.

edit on 27-10-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Interesting read and video, thanx. Want to hear about something I never knew could happen? Thank goodness for carbon monoxide detectors! I heard about this on the local news the other day.

Weather inversion triggers carbon monoxide alarms in Pittsburgh

A rare weather inversion that set off several carbon monoxide alarms kept Pittsburgh paramedics busy Thursday morning, a city EMS official said.

The alarms began about 2:30 a.m. in Squirrel Hill and continued until just before 11 a.m., EMS Division Chief Bob Farrow said. Medics investigated 11 alarms in East End neighborhoods. No one was sickened, he said.

“I can’t say all of them are inversion calls, but most likely the majority of them are,” Farrow said. “Normally, there’s one or two a day, not 10.”

edit on 27-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The part I disagree with is where you say *WE* might have started a process we cannot stop.

Of course you didn't say we *DID* start the process, you qualified it with *MIGHT HAVE* but the
implication is the same.

In reality, this planet goes thru catastrophic change with regularity.

Ice ages, volcanoes, widespread flooding, immense wildfires, tsunamis, hurricanes, meteor strikes,
asteroid strikes, comet strikes, solar flares, reversal of the magnetic poles, the melting
and refreezing of the polar icecaps....and *WE* weren't even around for most of it.

5 billion years worth of global catastrophe to get where we are today....and I don't feel guilty
or responsible for any of it. It's just nature, and we are part of nature. If it turns out that we
as a species decide to let loose our nuclear weapons and decimate the entire outer surface
of this tiny blue ball, then nature will, once again, take over, and replenish what has been lost.
It's just the way it works...if you crap in your own backyard you're going to have to deal with the flies.

That being said, let's not crap in our own backyard. Good idea, but also let's not blame ourselves
for the natural cycle of nature. Mother Nature is/was/and always will be a bitch...
edit on 27-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I stand corrected. when I used WE I sort of ment it as it is our problem. and our use or mis use of crude oil might have agrevated the situation which might have aided in global warming - the bad news is we have to pay the price for what is not in our control. although wood burning is dirtier it does not rise to the level in the atmospher commercial jets do or some chemicals we produce have - which also might be a contributing factor - either way = there is evidence that this is happening on more planets than just earth - so it could very well be Mother Nature going into a menstration cycle. which is normal - the problem I have with it - is a planet called Venus which is a run away calderon around 800 degrees - with an atmosphere mostly comprised of Methane.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We will survive. It's what humans tend to do.

We have had ice ages and global warming meltdowns many times before, so this same trapped methane gas was also released in the past - several times. The cycle continues and the Earth fixes itself in time.

If it does look like it's going to be a full blown event we can live underground. Geothermal will save us. The oceans won't freeze over either, we can use them for resources. Some areas around and below the equator will not be effected so we still have land resources.

Looks like those floating city ideas aren't so bad after all.
edit on 27-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

new topics

top topics

join