David Icke - "Tough Crowd"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right now, as I type, David Icke will be wrapping up his 8 (9? 10?) hour lecture at Wembley Arena in London, an event being watched by thousands of people around the globe.

His words will only be interrupted by concenting cheers or affirmative applause.

A standing ovation is inevitable.

But what happens when someone like David is surrounded by people who haven't paid specifically to see him? People who might only know him through what they read in the newspapers. People whose minds aren't quite as receptive.

The following video is David giving one of his usual lectures at a music festival, Bestival, held on the Isle of Wight, where David calls home. From the off it becomes plain to see that things aren't going to run smoothly (as someone clambers on stage to accuse Icke of being a racist) made all the worse by a host/interviewer who is about as miserable and sarcastic as they come.

Needless to say those who don't like Icke will get a kick out of seeing him visibly riled and pissed off, while those who do give him a chance will see a man desperate to be heard and understood. Either way (and as is usually the way with Icke) it is an entertaining watch.

David Icke speaking at the Bestival music event to both the intelligent and awakening (the majority) and to children in adult bodies.

After seeing this, a friend asked David why on earth he bothers doing what he does. Answer: for the intelligent and awakening and, even more so, for the children in adult bodies.

Oh, yes. Then there is Mr Strange...

On a personal note: I like Icke. I even paid to see him at his Brixton lecture a couple of years ago, where I saw him in full flow. Which is the reason why I found the above video particularly interesting.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have seen this before and to me, it wasnt really entertaining since I didnt enjoy seeing David Icke get ridiculed by people who are zero awareness of whats going on in our societies. He was talking to a crowd where most had no idea about any of the things he has been talking about for 20 years. So it was a tough crowd indeed.

What I did like was Davids bravery. To stand in front of a crowd like that must be like standing in front of the ATS crowd. He knew it going in, and he wanted to see how open minded people would be. Most of ATS is not open minded and neither was this crowd.

He ended up taking quite a lot of abuse, because people just werent ready for it. Still a good job for attempting.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Whats with all the heavy and over the top prolific Pro-Icke threads all of a sudden? Being conspiracy minded and a long time member I'm getting the feeling from the many threads of late that either there are some members pushing his agenda or he will soon be interviewed here at ATS.

I'm not into predictions, I'll just toss that out there for now.....

edit on 27-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Whats with all the heavy and over the top prolific Pro-Icke threads all of a sudden?

I have seen 2, possibly 3 in the past week. How many threads are there about Nibiru or HAARP per week? A thousand?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Oh goodie, something for me to watch. I don't know much about D.I. I listen to a lot of different things while entering sleep mode. That means I only hear the begin of everything, never 'the conclusion' I hear he believes the whole reptilian thing, which makes me weary...either way, I like how he talks, he's entertaining. Thanks

Also I already know I won't like seeing him heckled. That's ruuuude!! lol

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What to be said about that Bestival interviewee. Obviously Icke was set up by that Richard Strange person. The girl jumping on stage right at the begining to set the mood of the audience . I have been to events like that before when you get the organised rabble rousers to disrupt the subject of the talks , so people cant hear .

In this case they actually invited him and then set him up with the phony jewish questioner. I can only think its the baby boomer yuppies , living on the island, that thought they could be very rude to their neighbour in a public forum .
Very nasty indeed

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I honestly detest the guy and despair at how readily some people are to accept what he stands for. I might not have been throwing the traditional bottles of you-know-what at him, but I would have smiled at any who did.

I mean the stuff he's called people over the years is beneath contempt. He's coming from the traditions of the witch-finders and lynch-mob protagonists. No, he would never get his hands dirty or bloody, but he's the malevolent stirrer that we've seen through the centuries getting people killed.

Is there anything at all worse than smearing people with the allegations of baby-rape and child-murder? Reptilians? He's a rich, tax-dodging smart-arse who's exploiting the markets with theories others have done better.

Amnesty International actually fight for human rights and seek to alleviate poverty. They work throughout the world and have activists going to jail or disappearing. What exactly does Icke do? He preaches to the choir for lots of money...wow.

Amnesty recognise that the world is unfair and out of balance like most of us do. They try to change it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

He wasn't set up.

I think that Mr Strange was a last minute replacement and interviewing people who believe the world is a hologram, and that reptilians control it, isn't exactly the norm for him. It would be the equivalent of me interviewing someone about the 1001 uses for vinegar!

It was all just doomed from the start.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Amnesty isnt changing the world at all. Like all help organisations, it doesnt have any power to stop the damage from being done in the first place. Its simply providing bandages for the damage being done. But there is so much damage being done that its futile in the end. We need to stop the damage at the source.

To really change our primitive societies, we need peoples conciousness to evolve so they realize that their purpose here is not to collect items and make more people. We need people to start caring about other people, even when they are on the other side of a country border. Most of the people in this world wants what you and I want. But the programming that the "other people" are enemies starts at a very young age. In all countries.

We are much more than simple animals, but thanks to science only studying the material part of us, it finds very little difference between us and animals. Because they see just the body machine. And they dont even understand that part fully.

But your perception of David Icke is your own, and I know my post wont change your mind.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Amnesty International actually fight for human rights and seek to alleviate poverty. They work throughout the world and have activists going to jail or disappearing. What exactly does Icke do? He preaches to the choir for lots of money...wow.

Amnesty recognise that the world is unfair and out of balance like most of us do. They try to change it.

Not to mention being funded by Soros foundation money, various goverments and led by someone from the US State Department.

Oh, and they don't actually 'do' a lot of any use either.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Poor David, he could not handle people who did not fall for his crap.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hired union thugs remind me of 1936 German newsreels.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just seemed like David was saying the same stuff he's been doing for years and when challenged doesn't really have a satisfactory response. He's not really bringing anything new to the table and he's not really providing any solutions. He can't really explain his lizard analogy or what the grand scheme is. It's good to see him get challenged and to have a tough crowd, although I didn't like the snotty guy challenging him, but I don't think the crowd were to enamoured either.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Whats with all the heavy and over the top prolific Pro-Icke threads all of a sudden? Being conspiracy minded and a long time member I'm getting the feeling from the many threads of late that either there are some members pushing his agenda or he will soon be interviewed here at ATS.

I'm not into predictions, I'll just toss that out there for now.....

edit on 27-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I was popping in to say the same thing. I've seen way too many pro Icke threads lately. It's getting weird and I hope staff gets a handle on it or we confirmation from someone on Ickes mailing list that he's trying for a real big publicity push. How can anyone like Icke? He's such a creepy bastard, my BS alarms go off just looking at his ugly mug. 'Oh just ignore the reptilian thing, other than that he's OK, he just want's to help'. LOL. I liked the thread where they were talking about his lack of wealth. Fine, he's not wealthy on YouTube. You have no idea what his finances are actually like, and even if he was rather poor all he has to do is talk nonsense to idiots to make money.

If Icke doesn't make you uncomfortable there is something wrong with you. Very wrong with you. Something that would make you prone to joining a cult wrong with you.

ETA one thing. Anyone that calls him David is extremely weird. Same thing with calling Alex Jones Alex. It just shows you've been taken in. Who calls anyone they are not on a first name basis with by their first name? Creepy drones.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

ETA again; weird. People in this thread are referring to the BS monger by his first name and not necessarily agreeing with his complete and utter nonsense.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think you and I took very much the same from the video.

I thought it was worth posting because how often do we see a conspiracy theorist (especially one of Icke's reputation) get challanged by the average Joe? Very rarely.

They are usually handled like delicate children, moddy-coddled by radio show hosts and guests alike. Whenever I hear a theorist on the radio all I can see in my head is the host/ audience doing this...

Of course, it was no Question Time, but it's good to see them squirm sometimes!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

How is this a pro-Icke thread?

The genesis of this thread was to see a conspiracy theorist in an unusual situation, being challanged by the man on the street, and how well, if at all, they deal with it.

And as for calling him David, well, it's his name. I felt that he had reached a level of infamy that I could use his forname without people going; "Who's he talking about!?"

But to please you from now on I shall refer to him as David Vaughan Icke (his full title), which I had to look up by the way. Us groupies don't know everything.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I never hear anyone refer to Obama as Barack aside from people that are close to him. Icke is considerably less famous. If some stranger came up to you and said 'Did you hear that speech John gave?' would you have even the slightest clue what the idiot was talking about? Icke isn't famous. It's creepy that you call him David. People that like Icke are too dumb to realize that his incessant blathering dulls their mind so that when he finally makes a (retarded) point they are too mentally exhausted to disagree.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Originally posted by Domo1
If some stranger came up to you and said 'Did you hear that speech John gave?' would you have even the slightest clue what the idiot was talking about?

Well, if I was standing in a room where John F Kennedy had just given a speech, then yes, I would know exactly what they were talking about. The thread is called David Icke - "Tough Crowd," who else am I going to be talking about? Even a moron would figure it out eventually.

Originally posted by Domo1
Icke isn't famous.

I said he was infamous, there is a distinct difference.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Even a moron would figure it out eventually.

I guess I just know better morons than you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Fair enough

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join