It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA: One Climb and Side step closer....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think its very interesting but also will end up in each "soldier" costing the taxpayer millions of dollars..... good for the defense industry, good for saving lives unless they need babysitters or controllers.... questionable use against a well trained human with the right weaponry, and a very high cost to the taxpayer. They probably cost as much as an M1 Abrams tank!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think the more interesting take would be if these robots could be controlled like a drone. The soldier would be sitting comfortably air-conditioned somewhere in the USA in a Virtual reality setup. His robot double would be halfway around the world, carrying 250lbs of gear and capable of operating for extended time well beyond a human endurance. Just switch out the driver.

If anyone here has seen the cool sci fi movie "Surrogates" there is this scene where you see how a robot could be operated in this manner. In the film, one gets blown up and they just release another one from the truck and the pilot is back in the action.

edit: I meant to also say that I have been subscribed to that youtube channel. I love seeing all their projects and yes, some of them are scary in scope.
edit on 28-10-2012 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

great video.

i'll add a few more. light rain shower completely frying the circuits....no problem.

some sand jamming all the gears.....no problem.

whole rig malfunctioning the middle of a battle causing you to run uncontrollably to the enemy, getting your self killed in the process.....no problem.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I think a properly fitted exo-skin would prevent or at least minimize that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have found my own road to military-industrial-complex millions in this thread: "Live" Nano-Rust. Some saavy think-tank needs to snatch me up quick.

These robots would almost be like that "singularity" thingy. I personally think we'll do ourselves in before we have them there humanoid robots up to battle-speed, but I have no doubt we'll see an increasing number of "deathbots" of some sort in action.

Cool, creepy, thread...just in time for a techno-terror Halloween 2012....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I humbly offer my services to our robotic overlords, may your electrodes never corrode and your batteries never drain. Short circuit be gone, I have much experience shoveling organic matter

Ps. Do you like leaves?
edit on 10/28/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
does this enable nations to enter a battle with more ease then if they had votes and soldiers lives on the line?

would a country be quicker to send in the robot special forces?

I can only imagine a world where countries are sending their terminators into a combat zone to do battle until one side eventually gets overrun with killer robots.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
does this enable nations to enter a battle with more ease then if they had votes and soldiers lives on the line?

would a country be quicker to send in the robot special forces?

I can only imagine a world where countries are sending their terminators into a combat zone to do battle until one side eventually gets overrun with killer robots.

This is a military technology. Let's not get into ethics...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join