It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hang out with hunters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This might not be *exactly* survival information, but it does make me laugh and smile. Far to often we take ourselves to seriously.

These fellow Alaskan hunters made me proud (and got that damn song stuck in my head).

I don't know any of these guys personally, but I do know the area the lodge is in. If this has already been posted or you've seen it, I apologize.

Can anyone tell what kind of shotguns they are using? I'm looking to get myself a decent one for Christmas...

But yep, this is how we do it in Alaska. Enjoy!

edit on 27-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
thats such a bad video, that it went all the way round the circle to good again.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sometimes in these remote lodges, one can get quite bored...the same goes for working at Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope oil fields.

It's just a bunch of local hunter guys with some GoPro cameras and some basic editing. Nothing to fancy.

I loved the guy in the hot tub, he just seemed way to happy for some reason to be out hunting.

Do you think those were 12 or 20 gauge shotguns? I'd like to purchase just one "all around" shotgun and leaning to the Mossburg 500 series due to their price, and accessories available for them.

Ideally, I'd like a 20g/.22 over under (if they still make them) for bird and small game hunting.

As I said, when SHTF -- I'd rather hang out with my hunter friends that know how to hunt and find food!
edit on 27-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Are you VERY SURE you posted this in the right Forum? To me this seems like general chit chat.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Are you VERY SURE you posted this in the right Forum? To me this seems like general chit chat.

This must not be your moderation account.

Anyhow, hes saying if he need to survive its with hunters because they can hunt and survive well and obviously can have a good laugh when bored in the open county side. Capable fun people (with jet skis!)

i hunt and i found it amusing, hes got a point not everything about exactly how to catch and skin a rabbit with a shoe lace and make a bivouac from soil

i dont use shotguns so i couldn't help in that regard.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I suggest to get an oooooold shotgun. Theres only one advantage to newer ones, and thats that you can get parts for them. You can get a good 12 gauge pump action for 150 to 180 dollars in perfect condition. I paid 160 for my sears shotgun.....its about 60 years old. The newer guns really arent much better, honestly.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I use to have a Mossburg 12g, pump, loved it, gave it to a friends dad for xmas, need to get me another, the one in the video looks like a Mossberg to me,
www.ableammo.com...

enlarge the photo there, looks to be a match.

at least they had some fun while out hunting. thats what its all about. Hopefully they got their tag's filled..
still working on mine... so far 2 tags and none filled.. but there is still time.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Lame

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

General chit-chat? I segway the (hilarious to me because I was born and raised here) video into a discussion on shotguns and hunting/survival.

We take ourselves to seriously my friend. I saw the video, knew the locale, and laughed -- and wondered what kind of shotguns those guys are using.

My old man has an ancient 20/.22 over under break apart. I doubt I'll inherit that thing anytime soon. I've looked around and no one seems to make those. The .22 works great for rabbits/marmots, and the 20g never fails for grouse or ptarmigan.

When it comes to home security, I'd hope to already be in the woods for it not to matter.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

12g for grouse, yuck, spend more time spitting out shot than eating, i prefer to shoot grouse and most birds with the .22, good head shot and the rest is good eating without chipped teeth.

new topics

top topics

join