It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST WATCH: Retired Lt. Col. and Special Operations Planner for 15 years, Obama ordered no response.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I can verify what was said - I use to type those flash messages and he basically described the system...
he sort of jarred a few brain cells from when I worked that stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam, normally I love your threads, but I have a question on this one.

I have little doubt this affair stinks. I do not like it anymore than any other concerned American does. It is depressing and infuriating to me.

However, I have to wonder how much political hay is being made out of this issue (on the both sides) versus how much genuine concern for transparency and care for our military and foreign service is out there? If we did not have an election days away, would there be this much volume on it in the MSM?

How many other times similar things happen and the American public does not hear about it or does not question what is a BS cover story or they simply do not care? ATS is rife with these incidents. Yet, little noise is made on the idiot box.

On top of letting these guys die on the vine needlessly like so many others, is the press now urinating on their graves to make political points or gain viewership? Hyping it or ignoring it by the MSM is just as vile to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Swills

....or some people don't have the ability to watch the video. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the OP to summarize what Rush and the caller said.

Plus a lot of people don't like Rush.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

We here like Rush - alot!!! He stands for liberty and justice - Our concern here is for the freedom of the USA and for getting rid of a totally corrupted Marxist presidency....plain and simple.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Swills

That's all great but it is the DOD not the State Department which is what diplomatic missions come under. This was not a military thing ...

from what i understand the Department of State, headed by Sec. Hillary Clinton is in charge of maintaining the long term Missions/Embassies all over the world... but the President heads up the individuals whom he appoints as Ambassadors---
i looked, but could not find where the DOD was the boss of Diplomats/Embassies or their funding or their security

Obama or a preceeding President appointed Stevens to the Libya Embassy. the State Department or Congress vetted the candidate... and their paychecks come from the department of state..

Now Stevens was doing supra-Ambassador work... by recruiting militants in Libya for action over in Syria to be paid covertly bt some black-ops agency...and he was using a covert villa in Benghazi as an operations center for his side-work

was/is both
Obama & Hillary both trying to distance themselves from the extraneous activities that Ambassador Stevens was doing...which was not part of his legitimate duties as USA's Ambassador to Libya

i hate thinking that Øbama can come out of this 9-11. 2012 mess wearing a crown as if he were king-perfect

but the more i roll the problem over in my mind.... the less certain i am that he is a douche-bag over Benghazi

edit on 27-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
So what could they have done ?

They could have sent what .. a full company of Marines, two Predator drones and maybe an A10 or two.

Then what ?

Sure, let's insert 100 Marines into a completely hostile environment without means of re-supplying them ( 3-4 hours filght time for a fully loaded UH-60 ) and you got that angry mob, mostly unarmed civilians of which some have already infiltrated the compound and set it ablaze, mixed in between you have a couple of freaks armed with fuel bombs, RPG's and AK's shooting it out with the security personnel of the embassy.

I tell you as soon as you start inserting these Marines into that environment you will have Mogadishu again all over the place. The whole damn city would turn hostile. And even if you did that, there was no guarantee that anyone would make it alive out of that embassy.

Wow, you need to get back in reality, THERE WAS NO ANGRY MOB. It was an Obama administration lie. They have since confirmed there was never a mob.

Did you even watch the debates where Obama tried to rewrite history saying he called it a terrorist attack all along?
edit on 28-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
It's a 12 minute clip and more then likely boring, could ya give us a little more info please.

This is what's wrong with America. Just wow.

Never fear, mate. The cull is about to begin. These sorts will be put where they belong (in corporate custody) and I'm hoping that people like myself who really know what's going on will be allowed to live in peace. That is, in peace in a post-electronic age. I envision something like what the History channel put in its envisioning of Edgar Cayce's version of the future.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Obama or a preceeding President appointed Stevens to the Libya Embassy. the State Department or Congress vetted the candidate... and their paychecks come from the department of state..
i hate thinking that Øbama can come out of this 9-11. 2012 mess wearing a crown as if he were king-perfect
but the more i roll the problem over in my mind.... the less certain i am that he is a douche-bag over Benghazi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens was appointed Libyan ambassador by Obama in January 23, 2012. He was a covert CIA operator prior to his appointment as ambassador. He always operated as a covert spy and NEVER in the true capacity of an ambassador. His enemies were well aware of this and of his homosexuality - his very presence represented a direct insult to Islam - which made him a 'super' target. His many many trips to Benghazi were always as a spy. He was doing covert operations for the CIA under BHO' orders. He does NOT deserve to be "cut any slack" on this or anything else for that matter.

Just MHO - Forgive me if I seem overly critical but your post really ticked me off.

BHO is definitely a douch-bag no matter how you cut it.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Swills

That's all great but it is the DOD not the State Department which is what diplomatic missions come under. This was not a military thing and the sooner people start getting that through their thick heads the sooner those 4 dead Americans can Rest In Peace instead being punted back and forth like political footballs.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)
The terrorists seem to think that it was a 'military thing' , what with the automatic weapons, RPG's and mortars that they brought with them.

We brought two drones, one (at least) of which was unarmed...and didn't use them, other than for watching the action take place.

It needed to be a 'military thing' on our part.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
He's regergitating something he read in a handbook. He wasn't there receiving the message. he has no clue how things "actually happen". Oh sure a handbook explains how things are suppose to work. Then there's real life and how things actually work. Which is like Rush said, too much traffic, too much crap to filter threw. As long as it's not a threat on NOrth american soil then it's not that big a deal. Watch ARGO the embassy got taken down and no one did anything for months.

edit on 28-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Insofar as Benghazi was a "mission" (in the form of a covert spy and arms shuttle operation) - and Not a Consulate - Not an Embassy it comes under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense! I think the confusion regarding who had authority (CIA, State Department, Department of Defense, Oval Office, etc., is intentionally misleading - its standard practice so as to confound and to befuddle the public.

Read here ---> [PDF]
Benghazi Investigation Letter DoD - U.S. Senate Homeland Security ...
www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/benghazi-investigation-letter-dod
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Oct 19, 2012 – Pursuant to its authority under Rule XXV(k) of the Standing Rules of the Senate, Section ... Department of Defense and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. ... regarding the U.S. diplomatic missions in Benghazi and Tripoii prior to the ... come to light since then, including an assessment of whether any initial ...

U.S. [mission] post in Benghazi had less than standard security before attack

Excerpts:

The mission was a rented villa and considered a temporary facility by the agency, which allowed a waiver that permitted fewer guards and security measures than a standard embassy or consulate, according to the officials.

"Someone made the decision that the mission in Benghazi was so critical that they waived the standard security requirements, which presents unique challenges to the diplomatic security service as you can imagine," said Fred Burton, vice president for Intelligence at STRATFOR, an intelligence analysis group.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's a 12 minute clip and more then likely boring, could ya give us a little more info please.

Actually this is ATS T&C's -- or at least etiquette. One is supposed to provide a short explanation of links, rather than a one-liner post pointing to a link, particularly to a video.

But I listened to some of it. Some guy calls up Rush Limbaugh and claims to be a retired Lt. Col. and to know all the Pentagon and WH protocols for attacks on ambassadors. And the Rush corroborates his story because, of course, talk show hosts addicted to Oxycotin also know all the ins and outs of Pentagon and WH security protocols. Very compelling stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Insofar as Benghazi was a "mission" (in the form of a covert spy and arms shuttle operation) - and Not a Consulate - Not an Embassy it comes under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense! I think the confusion regarding who had authority (CIA, State Department, Department of Defense, Oval Office, etc., is intentionally misleading - its standard practice so as to confound and to befuddle the public.

Read here ---> [PDF]
Benghazi Investigation Letter DoD - U.S. Senate Homeland Security ...
www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/benghazi-investigation-letter-dod
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Oct 19, 2012 – Pursuant to its authority under Rule XXV(k) of the Standing Rules of the Senate, Section ... Department of Defense and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. ... regarding the U.S. diplomatic missions in Benghazi and Tripoii prior to the ... come to light since then, including an assessment of whether any initial ...

U.S. [mission] post in Benghazi had less than standard security before attack

Excerpts:

The mission was a rented villa and considered a temporary facility by the agency, which allowed a waiver that permitted fewer guards and security measures than a standard embassy or consulate, according to the officials.

"Someone made the decision that the mission in Benghazi was so critical that they waived the standard security requirements, which presents unique challenges to the diplomatic security service as you can imagine," said Fred Burton, vice president for Intelligence at STRATFOR, an intelligence analysis group.

thanks, that helps. what could be so important the potus would risk humiliation 2 weeks before the election ? assuming this was a CIA attack/assassination, what was covered up or prevented from coming out that would have more impact than the fall out from not saving US lives ?

must be something really serious like arms to AQ ?

this one is getting weird, and not in a good way

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It probably won't matter or get traction on this thread either if I post this link.

www.democraticunderground.com...

Third times the charm?

If there was no consulate in Benghazi, then what?
Could it be it was only a storefront CIA post>
Former Navy Seals usually get hired as mercenaries to places like Libya to protect American
Oil interests.

This whole Benghazi story is being spun by both parties for political gain.
If not invented out of whole cloth in the first place as media propaganda to insure we
maintain control of Libya.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It was officially described as a 'mission' that we had there.

Regardless of the terminology, it was attacked, flash messages went out from there alerting important US govt departments that the attack was occurring and our Ambassador along with three others were killed by terrorists.

Oh yeah, important to remember, the US govt diverted a drone to the area to watch the attack in real time, then relieved the drone with another when the first was low on fuel. Other than that, they did nothing.
edit on 28-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

must be something really serious like arms to AQ ?

That might be a very good possibility. We will probably never know the truth, but it doesn't hurt to ask questions and push the MSM to do the same.

A star on your post!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

. And the Rush corroborates his story because, of course, talk show hosts addicted to Oxycotin also know all the ins and outs of Pentagon and WH security protocols. Very compelling stuff.

I don't see a link supporting that Rush is still addicted to Oxycontin.

I guess it would be just as fair to say that President Obama still uses coc aine?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

In the intel world there's never such a thing as an important message being lost amongst other message traffic. FLASH messages take priority and jump in line to the number 1 spot & usually when a FLASH message is received an alarm is sounded. Message traffic is monitored 24/7 by a watch floor.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Apparently it's not because the post has not been removed.

And as I've already said I can verify the Lt. Col knows exactly what he is talking about and that's becauses I too worked in military intellgence.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It was officially described as a 'mission' that we had there.

Regardless of the terminology, it was attacked, flash messages went out from there alerting important US govt departments that the attack was occurring and our Ambassador along with three others were killed by terrorists.

Oh yeah, important to remember, the US govt diverted a drone to the area to watch the attack in real time, then relieved the drone with another when the first was low on fuel. Other than that, they did nothing.
edit on 28-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Oh really?
Sent out alert while being attacked? Got up a drone to fly overhead, from where? And still managed to get it filmed in "real time"?

I still call BS on the whole story.
Which cover story is this that you related, #3, #6, #9, or what?

It was a "mission" alright. CIA, Mercs R US media propaganda story, and that's about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Actually this is ATS T&C's -- or at least etiquette. One is supposed to provide a short explanation of links, rather than a one-liner post pointing to a link, particularly to a video.

But you aren't a MODERATOR - so please mind yer own P's + Q's ...........
Thank you

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join