It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST WATCH: Retired Lt. Col. and Special Operations Planner for 15 years, Obama ordered no response.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Putyournamehere this is a pretty good summary of what the caller explains to Rush. The video would only be boring to those who are disinterested in knowing the truth. You are on ATS so I can only assume you want to know what really took place in Libya. Deny ignorance and watch the video. Otherwise log out and go hit the beer bong.
edit on Sat Oct 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
It's a 12 minute clip and more then likely boring, could ya give us a little more info please.

The caller ( Doug ) states he is a retired Lt. Col. who understands the priority notification process for an incident of this nature. Bottom line, Obama knew what was going on and did nothing. There were also others within the Military chain of command that could of acted independently of the President but again did nothing. Doug sounded like the real deal. It's unfortunate that you couldn't spare 12 min to watch the tape. It did indeed start out rather boring. Once it was determined ( in my mind ) that Doug was the real deal it held my attention. I would of liked to have heard more from ole Doug.
PS
You owe me 12 mins + the 2 mins it took me to type this.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
The thing is with these guys "retired", "former" cannot say what was or wasn't ordered because they are not in the chain of command. They also cannot say what was or wasn't part of the intel.

He's not really talking about what was and wasn't ordered, he just telling you all how its impossible for Washington DC to not know about the attacks until it was too late.

What you should take away from this interview is that the DOD has it's own Top Secret internet network that relays classified information in real time. Messages traffic is what makes the DOD communication world go round. Intelligence is constantly being sent, received, and monitored so when the attacks occurred there was most definitely a message sent out to whom it may concern on the DOD network. An attack would be a FLASH message which has to be written up and sent out as fast as humanly possible. Being that an American diplomat is under attack that FLASH message is all that more important meaning POTUS was 100% alerted to the attacks in real time, oh and US drones were there filming the whole thing so the POTUS can just pull up the webpage on the Top Secret network he just got his FLASH message on and see how it all went down.

Then he made a statement saying protesters may have started the attack or were at least used as decoys. Thanks to surveillance cameras at the consulate and the drones we know there was no protest at all, just militants.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't care buddy, you can say "what assumptions"? Play dumb. That works well in America.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ah but they can tell you the protocol. They can tell you when others are lying to you about that protocol and what would have taken place. They can tell you when someone is trying to obfuscate what was known and not known in real time.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It does not take a rocket scientist to understand what happened. It is glaringly obvious. Our embassy's are in fact American soil. Given the technology we have today this President knew the embassy was under attack. There is just no way that he did not. The reason he told them to stand down is obvious but moronic. His foreign policy sucks. It did not work. Libya is in the hands of extremists even though he claims they are now a Democracy. Al Queda is stronger than ever before. The policy of apology is laughed at by terrorist organizations. He did not want it known that Libya was a haven for terrorists. He assumed Americans were stupid enough to believe whatever he told them. In a lot of cases he is correct. Just not enough believe it. He has his sheep but every American is not a sheep. 4 Americans died for the sole reason of his re-election chances. Hillary is just the scapegoat. Foreign policy is all Obama. Given that it was on 9/11 he could have evacuated them and might have actually gotten a bump in the polls. Sadly this administration has chosen the wrong path at every turn, including our economy.

link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by Swills

I don't care buddy, you can say "what assumptions"? Play dumb. That works well in America.

Ok, agree to disagree.

link   
reply to post by dazbog

Yeah I'm sorry, I'll try it when I'm at home. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That's all great but it is the DOD not the State Department which is what diplomatic missions come under. This was not a military thing and the sooner people start getting that through their thick heads the sooner those 4 dead Americans can Rest In Peace instead being punted back and forth like political footballs.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sorry but what does" this is whats wrong with America " imply then? Obviously you are referring to my boring comment, on which you assumed I'm too lazy/stupid to watch or understand the video? I think I'm correct, so we will continue to disagree.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

It was a consulate not an embassy and there's a huge difference between the two.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

That's all great but it is the DOD not the State Department which is what diplomatic missions come under. This was not a military thing and the sooner people start getting that through their thick heads the sooner those 4 dead Americans can Rest In Peace instead being punted back and forth like political footballs.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

The White House is most definitely connected to the Top Secet/Secret/Unclass communication networks provided by the DOD at all times, such as the White House Situation Room.

Here are some of the classified networks that you don't know about, cept for the first one

1) the internet/NIPRNet Unclassified/Sensitive,

2) SIPRNet Confidential/Secret

3) JWICS Top Secret & above (includes all lower classifications as well)

Any POTUS would have had multiple sources confirming this attack was occurring.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmiec

Voice of reason... Too few of those these days. Let's recap:

Just four days before Susan Rice’s tv appearances. Why was Petraeus selling the Benghazi movie protest story 3 days after the attack? Why would he still believe that? And if he didn’t, why was he selling it? These are the two biggest questions of the hour on the entire Benghazi matter.

Source

"Based on information provided by my source and corroborated elsewhere, the official account by administration officials is a mosaic of lies that were necessary to cover the unpalatable truth of covert actions taking place in Libya, Syria, Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon. The primary objective of our covert actions was to secretly arm anti-Assad “rebels” in Syria by funneling arms from Libya to Syria via Turkey, with other destinations that included Jordan and Lebanon. Regarding the threat to Stevens and the other murdered Americans, the truth will reformat the persistent question posed to government officials, from UN Ambassador Susan Rice to White House Spokesman Jay Carney and others from “how could you not have known” to “how could you have done these things?”

"...it is important to understand that Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Dougherty and Tyrone Woods were not killed at a consulate office in Benghazi—as there is not such office there. They died at one of the largest CIA operations centers in the Middle East, which was located in Benghazi and served as the logistics headquarters for arms and weapons being shipped out of the post-Qaddafi Libya."

Source

"You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

Source
edit on 27-10-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

The thing is with these guys "retired", "former" cannot say what was or wasn't ordered because they are not in the chain of command. They also cannot say what was or wasn't part of the intel.

He's not really talking about what was and wasn't ordered, he just telling you all how its impossible for Washington DC to not know about the attacks until it was too late.

What you should take away from this interview is that the DOD has it's own Top Secret internet network that relays classified information in real time. Messages traffic is what makes the DOD communication world go round. Intelligence is constantly being sent, received, and monitored so when the attacks occurred there was most definitely a message sent out to whom it may concern on the DOD network. An attack would be a FLASH message which has to be written up and sent out as fast as humanly possible. Being that an American diplomat is under attack that FLASH message is all that more important meaning POTUS was 100% alerted to the attacks in real time, oh and US drones were there filming the whole thing so the POTUS can just pull up the webpage on the Top Secret network he just got his FLASH message on and see how it all went down.

Then he made a statement saying protesters may have started the attack or were at least used as decoys. Thanks to surveillance cameras at the consulate and the drones we know there was no protest at all, just militants.

OK my question on the POTUS knowing in real time is this.

We have all seen the tape where Bush was first notified when the towers were hit and that was happening in the US and on TV so how much time should we allow for news like Benghazi to reach the POTUS using that same model?

I am not defending or supporting any side on this but I think this is a good question.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The POTUS is alerted immediately.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Maybe I didn’t explain myself well.

We have video proof on how long it took Bush to be alerted and that was a national event. Even he didn’t get the information immediately so by using that model saying Obama knew immediately would be false.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Swills

Maybe I didn’t explain myself well.

We have video proof on how long it took Bush to be alerted and that was a national event. Even he didn’t get the information immediately so by using that model saying Obama knew immediately would be false.

Bush didn't get the information immediately because he was at a public school reading a story instead of the White House. Where was Obama on September 11th? Probably at a memorial somewhere. So this day in age with Smart Phones and much better communication I guarantee you no matter where the POTUS is he will always be alerted in real time. It took Bush's crew 7 minutes to alert him back in 2001, which is still real time. The Benghazi attacked lasted for SEVEN HOURS.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

OK so let’s piece this together.

Like you implied let’s say he is at a memorial 7 minutes after the attack the first news gets to him. Now before any decisions are made they would need to assess the situation which means at least one chief of staff and security advisor plus they would need to be somewhere private to talk preferably a board room where they could have communications and video feed if possible.

At this point how much time would have passed?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let's look at this without political agenda:

First we were exposed to this:

Hundreds of protesters marched to the fortresslike embassy in downtown Cairo, gathering outside its walls and chanting slogans against the movie, whose origins are mysterious but which was reportedly produced in the United States.

Dozens of protesters then scaled the walls of the embassy building, went into its courtyard and took down the flag from a pole. They brought it back to the crowd outside, which tried to burn it, but failing that, tore it apart. The protesters raised a black flag with a Muslim declaration of faith on it: “There is no god but God, and Muhammad is his prophet.” The flag, similar to Al Qaeda’s banner, is popular with ultraconservatives around the region.

Nearly all the embassy staff members had left the compound before the protest, and the ambassador was out of town.

www.nytimes.com...

Next the Hillary Clinton statement:

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton confirmed late Tuesday that a State Department officer had been killed in the Benghazi attack, and she condemned the violence. “Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet,” she said. “The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

www.nytimes.com...[/ur l]

Now this guy:

On April 28, 2011, President Obama announced the nomination of Panetta as United States Secretary of Defense as a replacement for retiring Secretary Robert Gates. On June 21, 2011, the United States Senate confirmed Panetta in a 100-0 vote.[34] He was sworn in on July 1, 2011. One of Panetta's first major acts as Defense Secretary was to jointly certify with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff that the military was prepared to repeal "don't ask, don't tell", triggering final repeal after 60 days.

In August 2011 Panetta said that deeper cuts in the defense budget risked hollowing out the military and would hamper Pentagon efforts to deal with rising powers such as China, North Korea and Iran. It was the second day in a row that Panetta issued a public warning to Congress not to go beyond the roughly $400 billion in defense cuts required over the next decade under the debt reduction bill signed by President Obama. "You cannot deal with the size deficits the country is confronting by simply cutting the discretionary side of the budget," he said, referring to defense and other portions of the budget that Congress appropriates annually. "You have got to look at the mandatory side of the budget, which is two-thirds of the federal budget, and you also have to look at revenue

[url=http://]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Panetta

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said that due to the lack of "real-time information," he opted not to send help to the Officials under attack at the Benghazi Consulate on September 11, as he did not want to "deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on."

Added to this:

GOP SENATORS RESPOND: BUCK STOPS WITH OBAMA

www.politico.com...

Ohio polls show Romney vs Obama are now in a dead heat

www.examiner.com...

In my mind equals Military Industrial Complex. Although the President is a tough guy ( down with the drones and stuff) he is not willing to spend the money where these guys see fit. That is never good. Defense departments are where the money and power thrives. It's the only place where 6 billion dollars can come up missing and nothing happens.

The Iraqi and U.S. governments have been unable to account for a substantial chunk of the billions of dollars in reconstruction aid the Bush administration literally airlifted into the country. If the cash proves to have been stolen, the heist could represent "the largest theft of funds in national history," according to a report in the Los Angeles Times

news.yahoo.com...

These boys roll bigger than bankers plus they got guns. Come on this is ATS do you think the patsies I mean the President ,Joe or Hillary knew what was really going on? Gdubya played the game ( His daddy made sure he did). The real truth is only time will tell the outcome of this ultimate agenda. Either way if the incumbent President Obama wins he will know how far to go as well as any incoming new President(Romney). This ain't no silly game son.
Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry I was just trying to look at this in a perspective of time of what things may have been like that day.

So many articles have been done lately on how I should feel about what happened that I am sort of numb to it. I would like to see an accurate timeline of what factually happened along with the response times involved.

I may have to wait to have this conversation till after the elections because I fear no one is ready to exam this in a historical sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join