It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
wow, this was one of the best political doco's i have ever seen, i highly suggest that people on these forums give it a watch.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I just cannot understand how there hasn't been public outcry in America for people to be held accountable, it's crazy. Everyone is way too comfortable and doesn't give a #.

so true, it doesnt help that few of them read anything, let alone a good newspaper, or the libraries of congress. Most of what goes on in the world they dont even know about.

Every american should read everything that Abe Lincoln wrote about money and politics, then see just how much of what he warned against has come to pass in his once-glorious nation

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Having watched the three episodes, I have to say that this was one of the best political documentaries I've seen - and that's including programmes like Panorama and Horizon. The last episode wasn't quite up there with the other two, but was still excellent and showed what a sham the current 'war on terror' is.
The series also seems to have hit home with people who don't usually question the political rhetoric.
For example: A couple of months back, I had quite a heated debate with my dad, who loves his politics, regarding Iraq, terrorism, global politics, political philosophy etc. I took a similar line to the one taken by The Power Of Nightmares, with my old man fervently defending the Bush/Blair corner. Having watched the programme, I heard him last week warning his friends about Bush and the war on terror, and quoting T.P.O.N...Result!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There's no NEED to go watch more TV. Never.

All the information anybody NEEDS is right here on the Internet. Go search Google [if you don't mind being surveilled] or Yahoo!.

The TV is way behind the times when it comes to understanding the Illuminati and their predatory designs on this planet.

I just wonder to whom they intend to mortgage our whole planet? To some ETs? To Satan HIMSELF? Anything for self-aggrandizement, you know?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I also suggest people make their way to www.suprnova.org and use their search facility for 'Noam Chomsky'.

They have several lectures, interviews and features with him.

The man is one of the few able to distill and coherently present the information free from the BS propaganda regarding what is actually going on and what has been going on.....

....he should be a household name but naturally given his oppostion to and pointing out the hypocracy of 'our' governments he barely gets a mention in our 'free media'.

JAK

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Perhaps more in reaction to the result of the American election and the manner in which it is viewed from abroad rather than to the programme, but still I think relevant, the Home Secretary David Blunkett it due today to give a speech urging Labour 'must avoid fear campaign' in pursuit on another election victory.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Labour must "promote our policies by persuasion, not panic", he will tell a political think tank.

Jack

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Bush is the biggest terrorist

He keeps his whole country in a state of fear so he can control them better...

I for one dont buy the terrorist bull #... any real threats have emerged since he started his little war...

My dad had to fly the day after 9/11 and his company wouldnt let him because they feared the planes would get attacked... He laughed in their faces nd said

'You believe that bull#? They're just fear mongering'

I believe he was telling the truth then, and i believe it now... terrorism is like communism was in the cold war... over rated!

hey i think you on the right track 2 thumbs up...... as the song goes from the green day band dont want to be an american idiot......

[edit on 13-11-2004 by flukemol]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I missed this series the first time round, and just by chance i've just caught a repeat of the last part ( part 3: shadows in the cave ), and i had to make a comment, it just makes so much sense, what an incredibly well thought out and researched program, it makes you think !, even if it only serves to validate your own suspicions about the motives of not just the governments involved, but the organisations who seek to use that fear

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just want to take a quick second to say that SOME americans are aware of whats going on.
I have been wise to the tactics of this administration for a while, and have done everything in my power to let others know.
This includes, but is not limited to, letters to senators/congressmen, talking to all the people I can get to listen, and making sure all the people who listen vote.

In the end there wasn't much that COULD be done though.
Fear and a primitive form of blind patriotism mobolised a good portion of the ignorant into voting GW back into office.
Notice I said IGNORANT and not STUPID. These are 2 very different things, and I've seen very smart people that are ignorant of the situation and vote Bush.

And the letters to the congressmen/senators?
All I ever got was some resigned acceptance.
"Yes, we understand your concerns and your resolve to make an impact. We are sorry to say that with the current balance of congressional power there is little we can do in this regard besides making our greviences known"
(This isn't the exact text but I remember it being along those lines.)

I was watching the Daily Show yesterday and they had a segment in which John Kerry was questioning Dr. Rice.
In Kerry's questioning of Rice he stated that "We all know that you are going to be confirmed"
At that John Stewart jabbed at Kerry by sayin the new democratic party slogan was "A moment of resistence, a lifetime of resigned acceptence"
Thats how I feel, like theres simply nothing left to do but live and hope for the best.

Then theres the question of whether or not anything would have changed with a different election outcome.
Surely if its possible that Al Queda and the Neo-cons share a link, then 2 members of the same secret society(skull/bones) would be on the same team as well.
Fear doesn't just benefit Bush, it benefits leaders around the world.
Whether that fear is based on terrorists, or an overzealous america, it is still being weilded against you.

I don't mean this negatively, but how is your country that much better?
Sure, they aren't doing the same bad things we are, but throughout history all governments have used fear to keep their citizens in line.
Theres always a fall guy who can be blamed, whether its infidels or terrorists or America.
Your country is just waiting to play it's role, and you will have to watch as your citizenship falls blindly into line as well, eventually.

It is my view that all the governments in the world are ruled by Satan, and that is just part of the test.
Some pass, and some fail, and you will find that the ones who pass become complacent with the world around them and question whether any earthly decision can be right.
As the following bible quote suggests, the kingdoms of the world are truely satan's to give, as they are ruled by man, who is easily controlled by satan.

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them;
4:9–Devil: I will give you all these if you will fall down and worship me.
9and he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."

A Side note: I had a little trouble keeping everything in this post flowing in a logical order. Please excuse me for the mistakes as I'm fairly tired right now and had limited time to write this. Hope someone reads it and enjoys it....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If anyone hasnt seen the shows they can be seen here.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Extremely recommended. Best documentary which I've seen in a loong time. It gives you an unique perspective about all this "War on Terror".

It is also much more balanced than most of its kind.

Working torrent links:

torrentspy.com
piratebay.org

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I checked the docu once again, reviewed it and mirrored the files for folks who can't download via bittorent. Keep in mind that the files are fairly big.

Direct downloads:
part1
part2
part3

Fear whether real or imagined is used since the dawn of time for manipulation. Fear breeds revenge, hate, prejudice, arrogance, envy, greed and uncovers worst of all instincts. Is is so easy to manipulate and exploit this human emotion.

Source Review: The Power of Nightmares, are you afraid?

[edit on 2006-1-28 by zer69]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
How peculiar...

This sounds very interesting, you actually forced me to figure out port fowarding to get Bittorrent to work right, still dont know if I did it right. It is however at 2% at a crawl.
Peculiar thing is i was attempting to view the file from the links above while downloading. the one flash player worked, but now its not loading. same goes for the last direct dlls

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here's another link that offers streams in multiple bitrates.

This is an absolute MUST SEE!

Ha! It's also available from Google Video

The Rise of the Politics of Fear
The Phantom Victory
Shadows in the Cave

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Lumos]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join