It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have watched and recorded the first two in mpeg2. When the third one airs next week I'll have a full set.
I have only got dail-up so can not put them on the net, but I would be more than happy to burn them to disk and send someone a copy who can.

I also saw Whitehouse for sale (wow).
For all of you in the UK don't forget to watch :
God Bless America on Saturday 7.20pm ch4,
Jonathan Dimblely on Sunday 1.15pm ITV.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well done Earthtone for this post, and well done for those that tried to post it earlier.

There seems to be something missing from this post......any ideas....?

Well I'll tell you.

Its a distinct lack of counter argument from the Neo-Cons, I think I read all the responses, but did not come across one reply that countered the claims of this documentary.

I failed miserably, to watch this due to my present addiction to playing "Rome:Total War", ironic for someone whos a pacifist, but will add this to my "Must be seen" list.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
for the benefit of any american viewers or those that wish to see this intelligent and thought-provocing series again, the first episode "The power of nightmares" can be downloaded using bittorrent...

response.pure360.com... 4&tId=176255

(edit) sorry, the grammer of the original post was too 'dub-ya'-like before, and had to be changed....

[edit on 28-10-2004 by fraxx41]

[edit on 28-10-2004 by fraxx41]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
There seems to be something missing from this post......any ideas....?

Exactely. Where are all the right wingers now? They have no answers because this is the truth that they cannot face: Their great leaders are terrorists themselves, using fear to gain power and take away rights.

Thanks for all the links guys, I'm glad that some people are getting this show up on the net. I advise everyone to download and watch the series. The first and the third are (will be) the real sucker punches IMO.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Power of Nightmares.

IMO an excellent program in the finest traditions of the BBC. Superb.

Also of interest might be tonight's 'Question Time' on BBC1 coming from the USA.

It's billed as featuring Michael Moore; that sad rent-a-fascist himself (no opinion too shallow, cheap, outrageous or offensive!) Richard Littlejohn; Sidney Blumenthal, chief adviser to Bill Clinton; David Frum, former speechwriter to George W Bush and Lida Rodriguez-Taseff, Chairman of the Miami Election Reform Commission.

Might be an interesting one.

As for the rest of it?

Neo-cons......just another bunch of weirdo power-perverts who think they have the right to control other people in the pursuit of their twisted ideas off what is 'great' and 'right'.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeh the British media have been giving the american administration a hard time at the moment, whic hthey of course rightly deserve.

Question time is a great program, I will have to try and watch this one, I will enjoy seeing MM on it.

JAK

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree, this has been a fascinating series so far and I am looking forward to the last.

Tonight's Question Time does indeed look worth watching.

For a taster of what, hopefully, we could be in for see the best of Question Time of just go straight to the .ram video selection here

Jack

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For all those Americans and anyone else like myself who missed the excellent documentary "The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear"

You can Download it here: Part 1 and 2 from isohunt.com...

Its a Bit Torrent file so you'll need a bittorent program to be able to start the download. I recommend Azureus. Link below

azureus.sourceforge.net...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Both links I get "you are not authorized to view this page".????

[edit on 28/10/2004 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
sry double post

[edit on 28/10/2004 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thanks for more links

Anyone catch question time in Miami yesterday night? It was the funniest I have seen. The audience, at points, were shouting the panel down. I think that alot of people still believe the lies. I think Bush will probably win

And its all becuase of fear. . .

JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have the first two episodes (realplayer) from torrent. For those who might want, if anyone has the room I'd be willing to upload them to someones FTP space so others could get them, because I think they are worth watching.

Jack

Edited - Just to stay in keeping with the flavour of ATS, the second video is 66.6 meg.

- Jack]

[edit on 29/10/04 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well you can save up some points and buy ATS upload space for it......er that might take a while though!

I just saw a trailer for next weeks episode. It will be the best one.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Final episode capped a great series. Although they assume the official line regarding 9/11 they do state quite categorically that a worldwide web of terror called Al Qaeda doesn't exist and show how all attempts to prosecute people for being members of this group have failed miserably.

They went on to say that politicians only have the ticket of fear to keep them in power having failed to deliver the dreams of the past. It stated that those with the darkest imaginations of what COULD happen in the future are listened to by those in power despite there being ZERO evidence of the event ever occuring.

We are at a crossroads because as we realised the dreams they envisaged weren't real, we'll soon realise that these fears aren't real either.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was thinking the same about the official line of 9/11 but thats a whole diffrent programme,they didnt really go into it but if you think about it, and im sure alot of ppl will if this global terror network of sleeper cells doesn't exist how the hell did it pull of 9/11 ? its not a big jump of the imagination to work out that it was pulled off by the powers that be to blame on this "terror" network, wich is what everyone is pretty much saying

#ers..

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Teflon]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Exactly, the media show a lacklustness of dealing with the real 9/11 questions due to fear of ridicule but the program kind of leads you onto the question that if Al Qaeda doesn't exist who co-ordinated these attacks?

It could be said that the original hijackers had their own plans hijacked.

JAK

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Articles about the programme:

Here and here.

Transcripts of parts 1 and 2 available here.

Whether happy about the recent US election result or not, don't let that put you off viewing this intersting documentary.

Jack

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the links jak, nice.

The final show was great, it exposed how the"Global terror threat" is nothing more than a disorganised and unsuccessful group. It's incredible how many Americans believe that they are in danger, it is shocking how well the neo-cons have pulled this of.....AGAIN!

This should be shown in schools, it's education, education that the masses of America and the UK need to see.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thought I'd throw this little tid bit from the news in on this thread as well, apparently once again the US agents of fear are above the law...

CIA Chief Seeks Change in Inspector's 9/11 Report
By DOUGLAS JEHL
The New York Times
KRT
CIA chief Porter Goss reportedly wants the report to defer judgments
about who should be held accountable for pre-9/11 intelligence lapses.
WASHINGTON, Nov. 1
The director of central intelligence has asked the
C.I.A.'s inspector general to modify a draft report on the Sept. 11 attacks to avoid drawing conclusions about whether individual C.I.A. officers should be held accountable for any failures, Congressional and intelligence officials said Monday.

How do you bring a criminal to justice when they are above reproach of the judicial system?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just cannot understand how there hasn't been public outcry in America for people to be held accountable, it's crazy. Everyone is way too comfortable and doesn't give a #.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join