page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What happend to the thread about
that REVOLUTION (tv series) tech???

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I too was thinking that, found a link in google but thread has been deleted. Mods here are VERY trigger happy with their close thread / delete thread finger.
Like another thread yesterday got closed for an unwelcomed source, they were invited to repost with a different source, so they did then another mod closed said thread. Skeptic should really get these mods on the same page
edit on 27/10/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
well i still say it was Quantum Mechanics
in satelites orbiting....

Maybe we DEBUNKED the entire series, and now
they have to shut it down.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
While I like the show for what it is, I find the whole premise unlikely at best. If electricity doesn't work at all, how are the people still alive? How are their hearts still beating? Even if we let go of that part, what kind of suppression field could cover the entire planet? Electricity is too easy to make if you know how for it not to be reintroduced after an EMP no matter how large. So, there must be some sort of active suppression field. What could they have downloaded from the internet into 12 small pendants that would counteract said field in a local area and re-energize 15 year old batteries? Just so many holes.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Best theory I've heard so far, originally I thought it could have been a solar event, but after watching the first few episodes it seems to be some kind of interference that disrupts the electricity.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

It is quite easliy explained actually. Bioelectric functions don't work the same as electricity, otherwise EMP would be the ultimate anitpopulation weapon. We know it isn't, so the entire premiss of life not working because electricity doesn't is shattered.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
While I like the show for what it is, I find the whole premise unlikely at best. If electricity doesn't work at all, how are the people still alive? How are their hearts still beating? Even if we let go of that part, what kind of suppression field could cover the entire planet? Electricity is too easy to make if you know how for it not to be reintroduced after an EMP no matter how large. So, there must be some sort of active suppression field. What could they have downloaded from the internet into 12 small pendants that would counteract said field in a local area and re-energize 15 year old batteries? Just so many holes.

Yes, a QM fieldmanipulation...
Targets specific frequencies.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
What happend to the thread about
that REVOLUTION (tv series) tech???

The mods have been really heavy handed over the past few days, so my guess would be that it fell victim to that behaviour. It really annoyed me though because I was just at the end of the first bloody page and it 404'd on me. *grrr*

Rev

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That show is ok... story has some flaws of course... but thats tv for you...

What I learned from this show, while wondering why they cant reload ammo... but it was pointed out too me, that primers are the key to reloading ammo without electricity... you can cast your own bullets, clean old casses, and gunpowder is pretty abundant... but primers arent... interesting

But what happened to episode 6 last week? Did it skip a week?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
That show is ok... story has some flaws of course... but thats tv for you...

What I learned from this show, while wondering why they cant reload ammo... but it was pointed out too me, that primers are the key to reloading ammo without electricity... you can cast your own bullets, clean old casses, and gunpowder is pretty abundant... but primers arent... interesting

But what happened to episode 6 last week? Did it skip a week?

Next ep on 10/29

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've kinda wondered but never bothered researching it...

Could a pole reversal or extreme solar flares function as an EMP in some way, shape or form and somehow nullify our electronics? I know it's stretching it and I haven't put in the time or effort to figure it out (what can I say, I'm lazy)
So... who else would like to do a thought experiment and see what we come up with then discuss it and all that jazz?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I've kinda wondered but never bothered researching it...

Could a pole reversal or extreme solar flares function as an EMP in some way, shape or form and somehow nullify our electronics? I know it's stretching it and I haven't put in the time or effort to figure it out (what can I say, I'm lazy)
So... who else would like to do a thought experiment and see what we come up with then discuss it and all that jazz?

A pole reversal, would that be man made..? I dont think what happend
in REVOLUTION was natural..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
gees...where's the homemade waterwheels?, windmills?, etc.....they even have a steam engine train, and they couldn't have hooked that up to a re-wound generator?...and how many times have they had that black-guy leader ready to kill off...but.. somehow...nobody does?...and the other white-guy leader trying to hook-up with that woman that he keeps in that mansion??....of all the other women he has available to him, he risks a s**t storm just for her?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There must be something present in the "atmosphere" that prevents electricity from conducting at all... otherwise they'd be doing some serious work with lightning.
During the big "storm" they had, I didn't see any lightning strikes so that must have some bearing on it in their theoretical world or something.

I guess the pendants would have to have some type of degaussing effect too....

edit on 28-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join