It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, I got my new Laptop!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
After the USPS gave my laptop a tour of every sate in the US they finally deliverd it yesterday. The mail man decided to inform it was here not by knocking or ringing the doorbell but by throwing the box down on the cement porch, it was loud enough to make jump when I was in the bathroom and caused me to miss the toilet.

Anyway I had to get a new one cause mine was stolen. I know absolutley nothing about computers so wanted to ask if this laptop is decent. Its a Sony Vaio VPCEG, I got a great deal for it on ebay. Its used but looks and runs like its new. These are the specs.

Intel Core i5 processor / speed 2.50Ghz, whatever that means??
640gb hard drive
6gb Ram
intel HD graphics
14in HD screen

I noticed the speakers suck on this laptop,You would think since Sony makes speakers and sound systems their laptops would have decent sound, my HP sounded 100x better. other then that seems good. so I was just wondering if anyone has or had a sony Vaio and if its a good computer, I usually stock with HP or Toshiba. All I use it for is surfing the web, mostley Youtube I dont play video games on it.
edit on 2012/10/27 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
congrats man.

me, i decided against a laptop.
they are too easy to throw.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

damn, now we all have to work harder to get one of these new laptops, too.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
congrats man.

I know what your talking about. This is my 7th laptop in 3 yrs

CX

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just a note about your speakers....apologies if this sounds like i'm preaching the obvious but my girlfriend just bought the same laptop and found the same problem with the sound. She had the sound right up in whatever she was watching and also when you hover over the speaker in the tray, that was up too.

However when she double clicked the tray speaker icon and brought up the main sound window, the volume was not up very far. Adjusted that and it's tons better.

So don't just click the tray icon which gives yo the one volume slider, double click it and open up the larger window. That might help.

CX.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Cool!!! Thanks for that info, I will try that once this migrane goes away. Im still burping up the vodka from last night. Today is going to be one of those do absolutly nothing days

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If it's the same post-person delivering all the time, I'd be telling them that if they ever throw anything of mine like that again, especially that expensive, I'd have their damn job.

Those are decent specs. Just go through the paces and make sure everything is working and not damaged from the irresponsible post-person.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It wasnt our normal mail man and he drove off before I got to the door. I was going to call the post office but since I have no proof its my word against his I figured it be a waste of time.

Thats pretty much all im going too do today. So far I found the memory card slot isnt working but after I updated the driver its working fine.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier

congrats man.

Get one of these then...

www.hqlaptops.com...

20" laptop, yeah baby! Wont be throwing that.....
edit on 27-10-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Mmmm,sony vaio are top.

Same specs as my acer,but I have a 1gig nvidia graphics card(runs crysis on nearly full settings!).

Have fun,but remember to try to avoid dusty/smoky environments,as laptop fans are miniscule,and get clogged much faster than a regular pc fan.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by ussoldier

congrats man.

Get one of these then...

www.hqlaptops.com...

20" laptop, yeah baby! Wont be throwing that.....
edit on 27-10-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

That thing is crazy
but it doesnt seem practical to use it on the go. Its definatly sexy though

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Mmmm,sony vaio are top.

Same specs as my acer,but I have a 1gig nvidia graphics card(runs crysis on nearly full settings!).

Have fun,but remember to try to avoid dusty/smoky environments,as laptop fans are miniscule,and get clogged much faster than a regular pc fan.

I had a Acer netbook and loved it. The only problem the screen resolution wasnt high enough for PhotoShop CS6. My Toshiba out lasted everyones laptops while we was in Iraq, the sand is like baby powder and gets every where. I would still have it if I didnt step on it when I got home

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Good point about the acer screen rez buddy-its the only thing that bugs me.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Good point about the acer screen rez buddy-its the only thing that bugs me.

I was actually trying to buy another Acer netbook with the 11.1inch screen, the screen resolution on them is just high enough to run most programs including PhotoShop CS6 but I was out bid. So while looking for another I ran acroos the Sony Vaio's and it looked cool, kinda looks like a macbook mixed with a golfball

top topics

join