It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices From Nowhere

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
One time, I was on the phone with my friend who lives in a different state. We phoned each other very regularly at time, and one day in the middle of our conversation, a woman's voice came through. It sounded as though she was speaking through a cardboard tube, like the kind wrapping paper comes on. It drug out every syllable.. Anyways, it said "You must..." And after that it we couldn't decipher it.
We kind of laughed and said, what are you doing? We thought the other was playing tricks on us, but we were both confused and pretty well freaked.
Wasn't anyone in our house because only her brother was home with her and my mum was busy.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by uraeus

It's common that regular voice hearers hear voices through tv's and radio's. My strongest theory is that whatever allows these voices uses the electromagnetic spectrum or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'll post two of many that I've had:
Me and my drummer got together one day, just to go over some music(we were in a band at the time) and while we were playing, I kept hearing something overpowering my guitar amp. I thought it was interference or whatever. Finally, I shut my amp down, unplugged it, because we were done and I was leaving, but all of a sudden, I heard a group of children singing what sounded like old gospel hymes. It was fading in and out. We sat there and listened for 5-10 minutes until my drummer freaked out and left. Then, it just faded away. At the time, we were playing in an old abandoned house that hadn't been lived in for many years. There is absolutely no where this sound could've came from other than thin air.

The next account:
At the time I was ghost hunting a lot, every spare minute I had, so one day I was at home sitting in my recliner watching the boob tube, and my wife was in the kitchen, prewashing a couple dishes and cleaning up. All of a sudden, a loud voice at the level of the floor, in a very rough, strong voice, said my name. It startled my wife and I came up outta my chair. I crawled around on my hands and knees trying to find where it came from. I got an EVP that says very loudly and proudly: "Hey there everybody". My wife was freaked out about the voice for a while. It was loud like a scream.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hearing your name being screamed at you is very disconcerting. Especially (only for me) when you are in a very deep sleep. The screaming definitely sounds external. Sometimes I wonder if some disembodied soul was trying to get me breathe or make me aware of something to get me out of danger. Interesting phenomena.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm really not fond of those moments when you hear voices in your sleep. For one because, unless it is very vivid and loud, there's the question of if you dreamed it or not.
Example, one night I had a nightmare and was in my bed trying to sleep and forget about it. I heard a small girl's voice say my name, as if to get my attention, and asked if I was okay. I was highly comforted by her voice, which also suggests that maybe it was a psychological thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We have two disembodied voices on audio from our investigation at the Sedamsville Rectory in Cincinnati, Ohio.
These are not EVP's because they were both heard and acknowledged by investigators at the time they were recorded.
One answered a question, the other asked for help.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PunkRockParanormal

Including your story, there are now 3-4 reports of the disembodied voice(s) asking a question, or asking for help.
Very interesting.
edit on 29-10-2012 by ColeYounger because: addition

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The first one was in a bedroom.
My wife and I noticed that the bed was messed up and she asked who messed up the bed.
At the time, we heard a really deep noise, and I asked "What the hell was that?"
Upon later review, you can hear a man say "I did."

The second one was three other members of our group.
They had a device on that was generating white noise, and they heard what sounded like a little girl, and said they thought it was coming from the corner of the room.
When I reviewed the audio they gave me, I could hear a little girl say "help me," and at different points of the audio, I heard a girl either humming or singing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I get audible sounds in my head occasionally, they range from horn like sounds to voice like sounds. I think my noises come from the temporal lobe epilepsy. The change of the signals in the brain causes some sort of minor seizure in the auditory part of the brain. I hear my name "rick" occasionally, and still can't distinguish if someone is calling me or if it is created in the brain. I also hear something like "Hey" and "ert,ert" many times along with the usual "Onck" sound and an occasional "doinnngg" sound. I can control the seizures with diet and herbs but these signs are actually reminders that I need to medicate myself. I wish I could just take a pill every day to control my problems but I am allergic to all of them. So now I pay attention to things so I can control things before they get bad. I suppose I could also try finding if the "ert, ert" needs a different treatment than the "doinnnggg"
The epilepsy gives me something to do anyway, I learned a lot from having it

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Where I work not unusual when going thru offices to hear someone whisper your name,happens to several not only me

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've had several experiences with hearing voices out of nowhere. The first thing I do is try to debunk it but so far I haven't been able to.

I had one occasion where my name was yelled in the middle of the night. I was sleeping over at a friend, who shared the house with a few other people, mainly German students. I was 19 at the time. We both woke up around 3:30 AM because we heard someone yell my name. My friend asked me who's name it was, and rather puzzled, I said it was mine. When I was 12 I decided to change my official name, as I didn't feel comfortable with it. I felt like it didn't suit me. I haven't used the name since that day. I met this friend when I was 18 so that is 6 years after the name change. I explained to him about the name change and he said he wasn't aware of my birth name. All we could think of was that it sounded as if it came from within the room.

The next morning we decided to ask around the house to see if anyone else had that name (as my official name was German, it could have been a possibility); no result. None of them claimed to have been awake at the hour. I also asked if they knew me by any name even though that was unlikely; I only met them the night before and I just said 'Hi' while I passed them and went straight to my friend's room. No names were given. So nothing to left to debunk...

The second and third did freak me out. A year or so after the name event, I was going out with 2 friends, who I thought were waiting and talking on the third floor where my bedroom was. I was on the second floor talking to my mother. I clearly heard a man and a woman talking upstairs so I went upstairs to announce I was ready to leave. When I entered the room however, nobody was in it. The atmosphere was weird. The air seemed thick. As if I interrupted an important conversation as it stopped the second I opened the door. I rushed downstairs, to find my mother alone without male company. My friends were on the ground floor waiting for me. The conversation they were having wasn't loud compared to what I heard coming from upstairs. My mother also said she heard it coming from upstairs. There was no open window in my bedroom for sound to come from outside, nor where the neighbors at home. Both the cars weren't in front of the house or in the parking lot around the corner.

The third was quite recent, I think about 2 months ago. I was walking the dog around 1 AM, and while heading towards the park I heard a voice in my right ear. It was a male voice. It scared the hell out of me because for someone to speak so loud into my right ear he had to be standing next to me. There was no one around. The streets were deserted. I left my headphone at home so there was no music unintentionally, or sounds that could have played by accident. It had to be near me. I didn't understand the word itself, I could only recognize it was male. I still don't know where it came from, as the streets were deserted and nobody passed me. My dog and I would have noticed if someone was standing next to us, or passed us that closely.

It doesn't scare me in general, but the moments are so sudden they do leave me startled for a bit. It's so unpredictable, that I haven't found a way yet to record it, as I don't want to walk around with a voice recorder 24/7... But yes, it is very interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Around midsummer I heard a train announcer clearly in the middle of the forest. There was a series of notes then followed by a female saying something. I followed the direction of the voice but could never make any words out.
It happened ree times and each segments was about 10 seconds long.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
But one time, about 5 years ago, I swear I heard someone whisper my name. I was alone in my apartment, TV, radio, and computer were off.

This has perplexed me for years. When I was a kid I would hear a voice whisper my name right behind my ear occasionally. It was the kind of voice that I couldn't discern if it was male or female but always a loud whisper. I would get spooked and go out by my parents. It stopped happening as much as I got older, and rarely happens now. It was not my imagination.

I had a creepy phantom sound really get to me once. I've been a Mom for 27 years of two sons. During the day when they were young and playing outside, like many Mom's I would leave the bathroom door cracked a little when I was using it so I could hear who was running in and out. I heard the door front door slam shut and my younger son's distinct steps come through the carpeted house, past the bathroom door. Heard his footfalls hit the vinyl flooring of the kitchen, and the silverware drawer open and slam shut. I hollered out the door to ask what he was after, they tended to swipe my good spoons to dig in the dirt. Got no answer. Silence. I came out of bathroom, there was nobody in the house and doors were locked.

The name whispering always bugged me! I've heard people say it's a guardian angel, but I'm not buying that.
edit on 10/30/2012 by shockedonlooker because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

These voices tend to have a "psychic timing" to them typicly. And it's as if some kind of technology is being employed by them. For me my "regular' voices are like a pre-programmed conciousness the way they repeat things over and over. Plus, they're gone mostly now, which has another machine like component, i hear a tone outside at night but i can sense sometimes what they say as if some psychic-telepathic wave is affecting my mind. For me I have heard walls banged on, footsteps and car sounds outside. My opinion is that I think there is technology duping us a little, yet i believe that there are monster like creatures able to make themselves invisible or transmute themselves yet still affect physical reality. As i will go outside and randomly feel my beard hair move or see my arm hair move as i pass through or near one.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie.

I have just discovered this forum the other day so probably everyone has moved on to other topics to talk about, maybe this is old hat now, but I will write here my experiences anyway and just hope somebody can help.

I am 52 years of age and I live in a one bedroom apartment alone. One night many months ago after I had just gone to bed, I suddenly heard from the darkness a whispering voice very clearly calling my name twice. As you can imagine I was very freaked out, and after switching on the lamp beside my bed, it took me a long time to pluck up the courage to try and go back to sleep.

I was wide awake when this happened and the voice was really loud and clear, but ever since that first day I am constantly hearing my name called over and over again, every night, non-stop, in a very quiet whisper and only when I’m lying in bed.
It so happened a year before these voices started I had purchased a mini clock night vision hidden camera which I had setup in the kitchen, because now and again in the past I heard things banging and moving in there, and I was hoping to catch something.
This cheap camera records 24 hour continuously onto a usb microchip card which can then be accessed on my computer.

I placed this camera in the bedroom on the bed board at the back of where I am laying as I wanted to prove to myself that what I was hearing was actually there and was not in my head, and believe me when I tell you that I have managed to record this voice not just once but many times I have now a huge collection of disembodied voices and strange light phenomena stored on my computer.

So I want to tell everyone who has experienced this phenomena, you are not crazy, it is not in your head, I have proof of that now.

I am only sorry I can’t upload to this forum for you to hear my captured voices, but if anyone would like to hear what I have please contact me using my email address, and I will be happy to send them to you.

I have gotten use to these voices now, even though it is non-stop, they don’t scare me so much, but I have to admit having the TV on in my bedroom helps me cope.

I am so glad that it is not just me this is happening to.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thugnuts

Welcome thugnuts. It's good to see more of those in my own generation coming around here, or at least close to my generation. I'm 56 so I guess technically I'm a boomer and you're an x, but whatever. Close enough. I would very much like to hear your voice recordings. I'll email you if I can find your address. I've had enough experiences of my own that I'm no doubter of the paranormal. Never heard voices myself but things moving and footsteps, etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Hey man,

Thank you for replying and contacting me via my in-box. I accidentally erased your in-box message,sorry, I don't know if you had given me your email address before, could you send me your email address again?
I can then send them to you direct from my computer.

I look forward to hearing your views concerning what I have captured.

Cheers m8.

Thugnuts.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thugnuts

Hey, no problem. I'll send you another pm right away.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think I posted this previously, but I heard a voice in my partner's room, while we were just dating (we now live together, but we were on the verge of that huge move at this point).
I hAd just awoken; checked the time, noticed that I felt refreshed, rejoiced it was Saturday...so fully aware. Lying on my back, eyes closed, luxuriating in the weekend, I felt someone sit heavily on the bed by my feet. As my eyes shot open and I rose to see who had broken in, I heard a male voice whisper/low voice breathe 'we MADE it.'
I was shocked, but not scared, as he seemed so relieved, like he'd caught his train!

Weirdly, disembodied voices are my one scary thing, but this made me feel a bit warm And fuzzy. I asked my highly sceptical partner, could it be his (deceased) father. He pointed out this was unlikely, unless it had a strong Belfast accent.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
first of all, look into magnetic flux areas of houses and walls. Second my dad and i were at a restaraunt and both heard a female voice say "help me" , ive expereinced things you normals would only call "hallucinations", but i have proofs over time they are very real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join