It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so tired of hearing about Benghazi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Sinny

I suggest you shut your hole - as many people on this site know I am anything BUT inactive. Save your assumptions for where they count - which, I guess, is no where

Dude, save the vitriol and self righteousness. You made your views clear the first go around. No assumptions were required.

Of course, my apologies - anybodies views on any subject can be made pretty clear in 100 words or less.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It was an embassy that was attacked. That is considered American soil.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Star and flag from me sir.

When hundreds and thousands of other people die every day because of american occupation nobody should feel sorry for those innocent souls, but when americans die its like the most important people of this world died, everyone is hyped.

Its exactly like 9/11. Approx. 3000 people died everybody cried, everybody felt sorry for those people (i feel sorry for every person who died without any reason at all, who were killed with no reason) but nobody thought of the hundreds of thousands who died as a result.

This is the US indoctrination of hypocrisy, they are the best, f**k the rest.

This doesn't apply for everyone, just for the ones who are truly indoctrinated.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Agreed. Touche.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

anti Americanism is also part of the indoctrination of society. Like the US is the only country to have sent troops abroad in acts of occupation RECENTLY. Like those thousands of deaths you talk about were not at the hands of French, UK, and other nations as well. No, the UN /NATO fighter /bomber planes over Libya and Syria, and Egypt had only American pilots. The special forces on the ground in the same places were only American. The coalition forces elsewhere are in fact only the US, in other people´s uniforms. Yes.

Get over it. The ECB, world bank, and IMF have more say over a nations congress about who should be met militarily than any one.

May the stars given to your hateful post be marks of hypocritical dishonor.

EDIT:
and Let's forget centuries of imperialism at others hands, the consequences of which are still being dealt with in light of a couple decades of American determinism. Yeah. The US did it.

edit on 29-10-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A slight aside, why does America actually believe they are the world police?

To be fair the Policing actions so far have been more about war gains than actual humanitarian actions. And to add to the failed Policing acts by yourselves and my lot the Brits, no one wants us there, its been a failed mess that is just resulting in more and more bloodshed on all sides.

To be perfectly honest I think both America and Britain should start Policing at home as neither country is in terrific shape and both need to sort out their internal border issues let alone crossing other peoples borders on some lie of a war against terror.

Both our and you soldiers are being mown down daily in a place that does not want them by the same people they were sent to protect. As for Benghazi, I firmly believe that there was a lot more going on there than will ever be made known publicly, Stevens was left like a lamb to slaughter.

Its time to get out of all these hell holes, the politicians and agencies can still play their war games and espionage remotely without putting Embassy staff in mortal danger.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I agree whole heartedly. Trouble is world financial institutions with no loyalty to a country or creed on earth want us to protect their interests. Until they are made to see the light, we will bleed for their blood money.

It is not that our governments like to be there, it is that our governments are not led by us, and are loyal to their buddies over their people. Well, they don't consider us their people in the sense of being one of us, but rather being their property.

The US and Britain don't get to choose where their armed forces go. World bank, IMF, and other such entities do.

edit on 29-10-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
So they got some of ours. Big deal. Is it a tragedy? Should I be mad that Americans got killed? Should I be upset that Team America (**** YEAH!) didn't show up to save the day-e-ay?

The loss of human life is a tragedy. Yes.

The question, however, should be if this situation was preventable by any feasible means. The jury is still out on that because we don't have all the evidence yet. The investigation is ongoing.

But yes, since we can only speculate at this point it is rather irritating that Fox news won't STOP speculating.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

I'm not anti american, i'm just anti american politics, just look how many wars has the US been in since its conception.

Anyway i was talking about the fact that if a thousand people die in a country considered evil, people who died at the hands of american/UN hands nobody gives a c**p but if an american dies at the hand of a person in that country, all hell breaks loose.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by manykapao

I'm not anti american, i'm just anti american politics, just look how many wars has the US been in since its conception.

Let's see how many wars.

The Revolution - speaks for itself for all revolutions begin with revolt.

The War of 1812 - Declared by the United States due to trade restrictions imposed by Great Britain, the forcing of US sailors into serving in the British Navy, Britain's involvement with Indian tribes preventing expansion into territories not owned by Britain and the list goes on.

The Civil War - speaks for itself, it was within the US and not declared on anyone. (And depending upon current politics, it might just be recreated)

The Spanish American War - well this one has many causes but one, admittedly was the idea of "manifest destiny" in that the United States concern over Cuba and reaching towards colonialism such as the Philippines for one.

World Wars I and II - A good many governments of the world were involved with this one and the US should not be singled out. In fact, the US had an isolationist policy and only became involved when it found itself under threat. And it should be noted that in WWI there were several factors that brought the involvement of the US which began with the sinking of the Lusitania, heightened U-Boat attacks on shipping which was escalated with Germany's violation of the Sussex Pledge. As to WWII the final straw was the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Korean War - Korea was divided after WWII with the 38th parallel as the dividing line with Soviet Russia in the north and the US in the south. Essentially, it was this division and responsibility to South Korea that the US became involved and it is the first conflict of the cold war..

Vietnam - this was another cold war involvement. I believe it should have never went down in the manner it did but it is necessary to view the mindset at the time and not judge from today's perspective. Communism was viewed as a threat and the US was attempting to prevent the takeover of South Vietnam by the Northern communists. Vietnam was only one of many conflicts in Indochina.

I suppose that leaves the middeast which began with Desert Shield and ended with Desert Storm. The invasion of Kuwait needed to be dealt with and it was done with the UN support.

The war in Iraq was begun with UN support as well.

Now, how can it be viewed that these major wars are all instigated by the US? Both WWI and II the US did not enter the conflict until it was already underway. In Korea and Vietnam, the conflicts were already in place and the mindset of the world was to curb the expansion of Communism. As to the Middle East, they have been fighting wars since before the creation of the United States.

I felt the need to respond in this manner over a simple statement as "just look how many wars has the US been in since its conception." without at least offering a rebuttal to such a general statement.

Mikado

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join