It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so tired of hearing about Benghazi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Honesty and truth in government has no meaning to you?
Not until this day have we private citizens had the means to learn true facts about what we have been spoonfed about how our government--and others--operate.

...And of course, we don't need to guess who you are voting for....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Oh yes, I see you didn't mean Gadaffi forces but terrorists. You think terrorists killed Steven because he was going to fund them? What sense does that make? Please, provide your sources so we all can examine it. And where's your facts? What's the whole story here, from your perspective? So far I'm left wanting, don't leave me hanging...

These terrorists are created and funded still by the USA so ironically enough Stevens was killed by the very terrorists the Gov't he works for supports.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Slow down and read again. Stevens was there to fund OPPOSITION, meaning "Al Qaeda".

If Stevens was, he was not the only one funding opposition groups in Libya. You cannot blame only him for what has happened over there.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are sick of hearing about Benghazi.
Just wait until AFTER the election.
That is going to make you puke.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I think a lot of people are sick of hearing about Benghazi.
Just wait until AFTER the election.
That is going to make you puke.

Simple minded people are supposed to feel this way about Benghazi at this point. Washington DC is playing the blame game which is supposed to make people just sick of hearing about and wanting to forget it which in results allows our criminal Gov't to literally get away with murder. They do this all the time and it never fails.

Wake up people, it's to start getting sick of something alright but it shouldn't be the Benghazi attack but Washington DC and their cronies running, and ruining, the show.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean. It was just a few people killed, a couple of SEALs and an ambassador, an attack on soverign American territory. What the hey? No big deal. It's not optimal, of course. (Shrug) And the White House knew about it, then lied for a week. But we should expect our Presidents to lie. Why should they have to tell the truth anyway? It's not like we deserve it. Plus embassy employees begged for more security, but were refused. Refused by whom? Maybe Obama. Doesn't matter. he's cluleless, but we'll reelect him anyway because he walks on water. (Did you know he is a Lightworker? (Sigh!)

Oh, one more thing. Is someone FORCING you to click on Benghazi threads? Or is it that you simply cannot stand the titles of these threads as you browse along? Have you heard of MyATS. btw? It allows you to customize ATS to see the areas you want to see. If you make that your main ATS page, that's all you see! Check it out!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lots of threads from Obama supporters tired of criticism of Obama today.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's a non-issue.

Pushed by a non-entity.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yes it's a terrible occurrence, and sad for the bereaved we all are.Ambassador Stevens interfered with an exchange of government that wasn't his own. In a somewhat questionable manner when he (from what I understand) smuggled himself into Libya to assist opposing forces.

As the U.S. was evacuating its embassy staff from Tripoli during the height of last year’s revolution, Stevens was negotiating to get dropped off by barge in Benghazi so he could work with the opposition leaders to help form a new government.
What was the expected outcome? Nothing? This man operated in a covert manner, and there were no consequences expected? I wouldn't be surprised if in the end Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans were actually taking orders from the one of these three letter agencies. He sure acted in such a manner. I don't know for sure because all information has become so muddied with bull$h!t. How could anyone else without good inside information know for sure either?Point being, Ambassador Stevens d@mn well knew the consequences, and so should've everyone else. When you use an individuals death for political gain you come across as a partisan hack. The majority of American politics are guilty of lying, cheating, and stealing. What makes one side better than the other?Enjoy your fake election.TIME
edit on 27-10-2012 by GD21D because: Addition of source to post.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If American lives are sacred, stop putting them in deadly situations.

I guess that ends the concern of the average citizen. Now onward to more important things like:

Cheer up OP, distract your self with my awesome music

or the ever popular

Failing that - Drag your arse to the pub

where deeply concerned and responsible citizens can reinforce their self righteous lack of involvement as noble and support each others view on their sacred moral high ground of disenfranchisement

I knew I'd get the flag wavers in here, but I'm more interested to see how many people aren't fooled, like you and I.

No way Bro. Nothing gets by you. As a member of your military, it is the good folks like you who make my job worth it. Knowing such deep thought and concern exists amongst the average citizen with regards to their representatives malfeasance lets me sleep well at night. No worries amigo, I got your back.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

If American lives are sacred, stop putting them in deadly situations.

I guess that ends the concern of the average citizen. Now onward to more important things like:

Cheer up OP, distract your self with my awesome music

or the ever popular

Failing that - Drag your arse to the pub

where deeply concerned and responsible citizens can reinforce their self righteous lack of involvement as noble and support each others view on their sacred moral high ground of disenfranchisement

I knew I'd get the flag wavers in here, but I'm more interested to see how many people aren't fooled, like you and I.

No way Bro. Nothing gets by you. As a member of your military, it is the good folks like you who make my job worth it. Knowing such deep thought and concern exists amongst the average citizen with regards to their representatives malfeasance lets me sleep well at night. No worries amigo, I got your back.

I suggest you shut your hole - as many people on this site know I am anything BUT inactive.

Save your assumtions for where they count - which, I guess, is no where

edit on 27-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The man that got iced.. Was helping to send people into Syria.. He was a killer.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The lesson to be learned from this Benghazi situation is simple. GTFO of countries that aren't tremendous allies. If American lives are sacred, stop putting them in deadly situations.

Yes, that is the lesson. But I hope you're not supporting Obama, because he's going to do EXACTLY that, and worse.

And that's why you should care, because it proves Obama is not on our side.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Is it sad, yes. Just as sad as it is when American soldiers torture, rape and use as target practice the men woman children and animals in Libya Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe this is the point OP is trying to make, its not like the American soldiers are over there to hand out candy canes and kisses.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you for this. People act like an attack on an American is sacrilege, but they don't realize that we are rather disliked around the world.

We aren't the BEST EVER OMG!!!11!1! , and in my opinion, it hasn't been for the last few years.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

That was a disgrace by our Commander in Chief. What if that was someone you loved or even yourself?
It was a disgrace to America and to the American people. It broke my heart when I heard about it. Those were
human beings and American citizens under the care of the American people thru the American President.
Did you hear the heart break of their mothers and fathers? Call them and tell them " o well ". Their deaths were
completely in the hands of the President and our Goverment.
Such a sad and heart breaking event.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I must agree with you for the most part, although many others apparently do not. What is the difference between American lives and those lives of the people in the countries we occupy? So many thousands of non-Americans have lost their lives, yet no one gets into an uproar over this fact...But when a handful of Americans get killed, instantly it becomes political. I think it is sickening the way this is being used against Obama, because I do not believe the decision to withhold help was done with malice in mind. I think they simply did not understand the situation. Think about it...Obama would have hurt his election chances on purpose if he knew the outcome of this situation. So I cannot buy that he knew what the outcome would be.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I agree; I don't find the lives lost at the embassy anymore tragic then the many innocent lives we take on a daily basis. Hey, if you want to arbitrarily drone bomb Muslims on a regular basis and over throw their governments and occupy their land, don't act so shocked and horrified if they try to kill you or do kill you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I suggest you shut your hole - as many people on this site know I am anything BUT inactive. Save your assumtions for where they count - which, I guess, is no where

Dude, save the vitriol and self righteousness. You made your views clear the first go around. No assumptions were required.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian
Thank you for this. People act like an attack on an American is sacrilege, but they don't realize that we are rather disliked around the world.

We aren't the BEST EVER OMG!!!11!1! , and in my opinion, it hasn't been for the last few years.

I agree with TOP, but we are actually rather well liked (of course not in most of the Middle East). But in Europe especially. When I went there years ago, many of the people were rather excited to inform a tourist who was very interested in the culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join