It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flies Into Popocatépetl Volcano Mexico

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

How can you know the physical specifications of the UFO well enough to determine what it's shadow should look like?

Don't you think you might be assuming a few things?

This is the danger of 'professionalism'.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
CGI. For several reasons.

One is the way the smoke from the volcano appears to stop for the last two "frames" as the light hits it, then "restarts" after it is gone.

The "light" disappears at the mouth of the volcano instead of going all the way in. Like the person that made this didn't see a need for it to "halfway disappear" first. It touches the lip and then is gone.

Lastly, I am not sure how big that thing was, but lets say 20 stories? You slam a skyscraper at several times the speed of sound into an active caldera there is going to be some kind of splash.

But of course the vidbit ends without showing us that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Hydrawolf

It's not possible to judge the diameter of the object from that footage.

The 'length' isn't really the length, it's a combination of motion blur, brightness and frame-rate of the camera.

I was going to post something like this, but I like your version better. Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is UFO interest in the Sun and super heated volcanos a coincidence?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Sorry to say it but these claims of missiles fired into the volcano to test/quell the volcanic disturbance ignores one variable: where do we have a 1 km long/200m wide missile to fire anywhere?

I think these posters need to take this into account before posting these ridiculous claims (sorry so harsh). At least come up with something viable, please.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

This was precisely what I mentioned in my post explaining how it works. The US (nor anywhere else I'm aware of) neither has or uses anything of this length. There's a lot of confusion here though. We would need to know the frame-rate of the camera.
edit on 28-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The states of Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee are relying on this beauty as an explanation to their tubular sightings.

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaper
..it might be converting that immense amount of heat into energy for their ship somehow, who knows...

I doubt it, disregarding that theory imagine the g-forces at impact, I can't imagine it's possible for anything physical to maintain integrity and survive that crash.

Maybe it's to self-destruct?

Originally posted by rickymouse
Meteorite going behind the volcano. ..

Seems like the most likely explanation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Perhaps it is a weather phenomenon? Look at ball lightning for example, perhaps there are still unknown phenomena that is yet to be discovered that might also contribute to other similar reports. Volcanoes usually bring about storms so it could be aliens refueling
or maybe it is just an odd type of lightning? I actually say a meteor burn up in the atmosphere a few days ago (for the first time) and I have to say this does not seem to have a trail like what i saw.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This looks like about a dozen different things besides a UFO. But who knows? It could be aliens.
my personal opinion is it's not though

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Suitcase falling out of the cargo hold of a passing passenger jet OR Clinton's cylindrical humidor finally after all these years dropping back to earth after Hillary, in a fit of anger, tossed it way, way up in the air.....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdonn

i think its a rod aka skyfish

google skyfish

they are harmless beings of light

No, I don't think rods are a spiritual entity of any kind or "new age", beings of light, though I do believe they exist as there has been a lot of video and photographic proof.

Why people have to go into all this new age, flower power and galactic federations of love and light bulls&^% stuff all the time to explain things...lol

These are just an uncatgorised animal and nothing more. Something that moves so fast that cameras can barely pick them up. I'd wager a guess that they are more like Jellyfish, but live in the atmosphere and use gasses to keep them up and propel them.

None the less tho, they are just animals like any other terrestrial critter.
edit on 10/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I am still baffled at what he was saying at the beginning of that video...

the woman said that there was no trail of debris following the object so that could rule out it being a meteor.

she also says that there is a lot of pixel saturation that could possibly mean it was added to the video.

she also says it is very hard to determine what it is with just one video.

pretty standard stuff when it comes to stuff like this.
edit on 28-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Too bad nobody has concidered the possible that either someone has the ability to calm a volcano, or something else knew it was going to blow and saved the day!

Yes somehow far out there only it is possible. As for the UFO's so they hang out around major events, anyone concidered that they are trying to help? Its not like they could land and say HELLO!

As for an impact, could have been a probe, and the view just looked like it went in when it did not. Just another video caught on tape with something odd.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It looks a low res time-lapsed recording of a volcano at night with long exposure or digitally enhanced brightness..any object such as meteor falling through the sky would produce a streak of light that appears here.

I've seen streaks similar to these in long exposure photos of planes and helicopters where some people try to pass them off as UFOs.

Theres plenty of good videos/photos of UFOs around volcanoes but this isnt one of them.

edit on 28-10-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
More cigar shaped UFO footage.

This video was apparently filmed by a passenger on a plane flying over Hawaii on the 26th October 2012

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That is more than likely another plane passing by in flight...I was on a plane trip to Mexico and saw a plane pass by the window going the opposite direction and let me tell you...at over 500 MPH, it is not like cars passing each other in the opposite direction....if you are filming it, that is what would be seen...a streak on film...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Definitely a strong possibility.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Could be some US military program researching volcanic eruption 'seeding' via the firing of missiles into the mouth of volcanoes...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Rods,
Jose eSCAMilla
debunked LONG ago!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Obviously you didn't read this thread thoroughly. It's already been agreed upon that as much as we would like to believe it was a missile fired into the volcano, the object is estimated to be approx 1 km long...sooooo the missile theory is toast.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join