It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people make fun of you on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You may be wondering why your posts are ridiculed and why no matter how amazing your comment or OP is, it is always ridiculed. You may be wondering why, when you arrive in a busy thread and level the place with your astounding ability to reason, your ironclad facts, and your unassailable logical prowess, nobody seems to notice. They either go on as if you'd never said anything at all, or they dismiss your informational blessing without even giving it a second thought.

These are trying times to be sure, and it may be tempting for you to assume the people who make fun of you and what you have to say are doing it just to mess with you. It may be that what you have told them is simply too intelligent for them to comprehend. Or they may be paid informants/shills for a super-powerful organization. It's also possible that the points you raise just make people uncomfortable, and they'd rather ignore them altogether than face the horrors of the truth.

Whatever the case, there are a few guidelines you can follow in order to minimize this kind of reaction to your posts, and maybe even enhance positive feedback:

1. While you are disbursing your knowledge like the endless fountain of knowledge you are, bear in mind that people may not already be aware of how infallible you are. To show them that you are correct, try to cite reliable sources that corroborate what you are saying.

2. While your cognitive processes have likely evolved beyond the point where spelling and grammar are important, these simple rules may still help people understand what in the actual f#ck you are talking about. Try to avoid confusing words like "to" and "too," or "their" and "they're."

3. Remember that while your imagination and opinions are probably more reliable than other people's "facts" and "evidence," many of your fellow forum members are not cognizant of that. So try to back up your opinions with some kind of historical example that illustrates why you are not, as they might inadvertently point out, full of bollocks.

4. The best way to outsmart and silence a paid shill is to demonstrate that what you are saying is true. In turn, the best way to demonstrate that what you say is true is to first tell the truth, and second prove it using actual sources and evidence that you do not control, and whose veracity and reliability are recognized by a wide majority of sane people. This means you should strive to avoid citing anything ever uttered by David Icke or Glenn Beck, since those guys are demonstrably full of sh#t.

5. Organize your thoughts logically, and pay attention to minor details like the laws of physics. Remember - you are a special snowflake and your universe may not be bound by the same rules of reality as the world in which we mere mortals reside. So, using your godlike powers of intuition and precognition, try not to make logical leaps that are too strenuous on our humble intellectual faculties. For example, if you're going to start a sentence with "Aliens," and end it with "are real," try to fill out that sentence with something resembling at least a hint of sane, reasonable evidence to support the statement.

By following these simple rules, you will reduce the amount of time you spend pulling out your hair in frustration and increase your enjoyment of ATS.

Happy Posting!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
We have nothing to prove to anyone nor an obligation to do so. We are not here to force opinions or beliefs on anyone. We merely post our interests and thoughts for others to absorb and to reply as they wish.

I post what I believe in passionately. I post new scientific discoveries. I post ancient history based on either fact or theory. I post current events, Police Brutality and survival topics. If someone disagrees, it's their job to post alternative views and/or facts that they have found through their own research.

I spend enough time constructing threads that I don't need to keep justifying my position to trolls or those that just can't be bothered to do their own homework. Those that would rather reply with "You are wrong" with nothing to back it up.

For others with intelligent replies that spend at least a little time to prove me wrong, I give respect and concede my position if warranted.

As for the shills...They are merely paid to laugh and are not important enough to pay attention to. In other words...

Peace

edit on 27-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Huh. I didn't know my posts were being ridiculed. Thanks for the heads up

You sound a little bitter or mad...jus sayin

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Naw man you're just taking this "Internet" thing a bit too seriously.

You want a cookie or something?

EDIT: btw I'm telling all my friends about this and we're going to make fun of you! You're not going to know it, but we are going to absolutely ridicule you! Looks like your elevated level of self-consciousness is going to get higher still! Prepare for the feels and/or butthurt bruh

edit on 27-10-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't generally have a problem with my posts being ridiculed except by people that are obviously borderline retarded. I don't start controversial threads, just things I find interesting. All in all. I'm not trying to be "smarter" than anyone else.

Opinions are not facts.
Arguments are not discussions.
Insults are not necessary.
Those are the three things I consider when posting.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

N3k9Ni, nice to meet you

#1. I couldn't agree more.
#2. Your Avatar is Awesome!
#3.

Opinions are not facts. Arguments are not discussions. Insults are not necessary.

THIS, is one of the smartest things I've read in a while. Nice post

top topics

join