It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEB APOCALYPSE: Is the Internet Crashing Across America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I feel like it is hackers setting up the traps now. First a small test to see if you can drop the bandwidth, and then once all the traps are in place they will send out a message to us all, then that's it. I am hoping that if they are doing this it is only because they are routing all traffic over to a free internet world bypassing what we believe is the internet into a more efficient almost virtual or holographic internet.

Couldn't they just say plant devices man in the middles across the world and looped kill switches everywhere outside of places where the major servers are located? That would be creepy! Anyway I will stop imagining a movie in my head...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The internet has become a delivery system for TV, movies, videos, large picture files, etc. Pages now requiring large numbers of associated files. Overload.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its nibiru

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I guess it's time to "head out Californee way", I hear they have some Internet there. We are leaving now. They only have some left. See you guys out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah my internet keeps messing up too.

We have fairpoint in Southern Maine and it started last night. Just keeps cutting out.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Really weird there's all of a sudden a huge increase of traffic at 12:20.. Then loss of packets.

Why would the traffic increase all of a sudden at 12:20am lol?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Top priority for all corporations = Profit

Physical infrastructure is failing everywhere in America. Roads, Dams, Railroads, Networks...

The fake economy is killing everything real.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I can confirm what the article claims.

Started two days ago already. I remember how I said "The US seems to have gone offline" to my gf two days ago.

Appeared to be a sporadic glitch though, but almost all US sites were hardly accessible for two hours or so. ATS included. Other sites were working without any issues.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How many days was it in 'Terminator 3' that SkyNET was infiltrating the internet before SkyNET pulled the plug ?

Wasn't it a couple of days where phone & other internet services were on and off every hour or so ?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I haven't had any issues. I did have to reset my modem yesterday though. But that happens from time to time when my son is also on Xbox Live.

But haven't seen anything noticeable with sites not coming up or anything like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Tumblr was completely inaccessible to me for about 36 hours

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the sudden burst of traffic could simply just be a result of the fact that Windows 8 was released, and 9/10 people that have bought it have promotional codes for cut price digital download versions?
edit on 27-10-2012 by mrotacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

For a worldwide (faked?) false flag, it won't do to have the internet
firing on all cylinders. We all must go back to the msm and our (now digital) tv's
for our (biased+compromised) worldviews.

Wait for it. It won't be long now. IMO

edit on 27-10-2012 by OutonaLimb because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I guess it's time to "head out Californee way", I hear they have some Internet there. We are leaving now. They only have some left. See you guys out there.

Don't forget to bring some angry fruits of the vine for sustenance along the way.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I had the same problem yesterday.

Some sites would at times, bring up an error message or page that looked like script/code mumbo jumbo.

Havent had the problem today.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Clearly its Iran hacking us

couldnt be more right... they hate our way of life... we should totally invade them and kill children. democracy will never yield.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There could be a simple explanation:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, I am in the maritimes(East coast of Canada for those that don't know), my net has been even crappier than normal past 2 days or so. And that is bad, as rogers internet usually sucks balls as it is. I thought maybe it was my router going on me at first, but even the spare router didn't change it. I even went as far as building a quick parabolic reflector. Makes me wonder....... Could be a coincidence, will just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Highly doubt it's hackers. ddosing can overwhelm a server, but not the entire Web. Last time we had a Web slowdown was this past June for the IPv6 switchover (which was fairly limited in scale), this could be related to another level of hardware switching over.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join