It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The physics we don't use...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mankind has come up with all sorts of interesting designs in the pursuit of the perpetual motion machine.

Doing some YT surfing I saw a few vids that piqued my curiosity about some high efficiency concepts.

So - I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing as a "true" perpetual motion machine
BUT...these one's are pretty damn efficient - why haven't I seen any of these concepts on the consumer market?

This is an interesting compilation of some ideas:

I was particularly interested in this one -it seems that it would be pretty simple to hook it up to a coil & start making energy:

Sweet conversion of an average PCU fan to a power source free fan.
I can't believe the "energy free" fan isn't on already available @ every Sharper Image or IKEA:

I guess technically none of these ideas constitute "free" energy but...cheap is almost as good.

Is anyone aware of commercially available products using any of these concepts?
edit on 26-10-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cheap and clean energy? = lefty pinko fascist plot to control the world.
Don't ya know there is no free lunch? We all must earn our way, captives to a system that runs on scarcity.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Free energy fan. Rotating magnet under the table.
Of course, you could duplicate his experiment and prove me wrong. Or you could read up on how an electric motor works and know why this can't.
edit on 10/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He is using magnets to induce an electric current into the coils.

It's neither perpetual motion, nor can it not work. Of course it works the power source are the magnets.

CLICK

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Perpetual motion is possible. Ive seen a real life perpetual motion machine at a weird store.

It only works if there is nearly no drag whatsoever on it. Very low resistance precision machine ball bearings are required. The one i saw basically had marbles that went down a curved slide, with a little elevator to take the marbles back to the top. Elevator powered by other marbles.

But its not free energy. If you put a generator on that machine i saw.....itll stop. Even if it gets dust on it, itll stop. But its a cool novelty.

Did you see my thread on clock power? Basically, consensus was it would work but probably couldnt be scaled up much....someone has to wind it... Any attempt to make it wind itself will of course fail. Pendulum clocks basically are powered by falling weights......very slowly falling.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You didn't watch the end of the video when he was holding it in his hands?

Magnet under the table is definitely not the answer - I would have expected a better debunk from the great Phage...

I plan on replicating this one - it won't cost much to find out if this is a parlor trick or not.
edit on 27-10-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I despair when I see people who think that glueing magnets to things makes a perpetual motion machine. Everything we have ever observed, from sub-atomic particles to whole galaxies and everything in between obey the relevant laws of thermodynamics. Most physicists would argue that time travel and cold fusion, as unlikely as they are, are more likely than any sort of perpetual motion machine, yet glue some magnets to a fan and there you go!

I really do despair.

ETA: also, I hope no one thinks the first video shows anything close to perpetual motion, they are mock ups of ancient/old but wrong ideas, with added motors, pumps etc to make it look like they work. More like art than science.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Subterranean13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Perpetual motion is possible. Ive seen a real life perpetual motion machine at a weird store.

It only works if there is nearly no drag whatsoever on it. Very low resistance precision machine ball bearings are required. The one i saw basically had marbles that went down a curved slide, with a little elevator to take the marbles back to the top. Elevator powered by other marbles.

But its not free energy. If you put a generator on that machine i saw.....itll stop. Even if it gets dust on it, itll stop. But its a cool novelty.

And even without "dust" it will stop, because "very low resistance" is not the same as no resistance at all.

Did you see my thread on clock power? Basically, consensus was it would work but probably couldnt be scaled up much....someone has to wind it... Any attempt to make it wind itself will of course fail. Pendulum clocks basically are powered by falling weights......very slowly falling.

And something has to raise the weights in order for them to be able to fall....

edit on 27-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have everything to do the one with the fan. My magnets are out in the garage, the computer fans are in the basement. I will try it tomorrow, I feel it will work. I know the one with the tube and the jar full of liquid works, I tried that back in the seventies. Back then generating a little power was not worthwhile so I didn't bother. Now, a tiny generator could be used to power a LED light and I even have some of them. I haven't acquired one of those generators that create electricity from heat yet, I want to make one for my woodstove. They are designing woodstoves in Canada that will generate 500 watts or more when they are used. I'm waiting for them to get it perfected so I can buy one. TPTB want control over us, we have to be dependant on the system or there will be a colapse of the system. This type of control has been around for thousands of years. The internet will soon be ending as a threat to national security.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Subterranean13

It isn't a perpetual motion machine, it is a machine utilizing a magnetic field. This is very possible. The magnet fan won't do much more than circulate air at minute volumes. I will do some testing with this to see if it can be used to create a static charge capable of fueling a high voltage secondary coil to induce voltage from the earth.. It won't cost me a cent to do this, I have everything I need to do this.

Never say something can't be done without trying it yourself first. I plan on trying it before commenting on if it works.
edit on 27-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, I used four magnets I got off of an electric meter and a few different fans from a computer tower, one new one and an old one. I tried the experiment and couldn't get it to work. I am not sure the magnets are strong enough or weather I positioned them right. The fans were sleeve bearing types and seemed to strong. It didn't work for me. It doesn't mean it doesn't work, it only means I couldn't get it to work with what I had. The fans I had were case fans, larger than what the guy had. I also wasn't sure how to position the magnets for alignment of the fields. The article didn't address this fact, when I get more time I am going to study this principle. I need to learn more of this so I can possibly harness the weird magnetic field above the underground river to create juice.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I see the education system working well. People actually trying to replicate it. I despair.

You can see in the fan video, when he picks it up he has a small battery taped to the outside of the plastic casing. The lead is going to it. If this worked it would be a perpetual motion machine; it would give off more energy than it uses to spin no matter how many times you try to convince yourself otherwise and if you really did try this and aren't just trolling us maybe you should by now realise that your grasp of science is a little lacking?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Subterranean13

Actually, I did learn by putting the magnets in those locations that the fan got more powerful. My getting the stuff out and doing this test verified another video I had watched about boosting the magnetic field of a motor to increase it's speed/strength. No waste of time, I will not discount something because someone who has never tried something says it won't work. I have done a lot of testing in the last five years on various things, half the time the results are true even though our science says it won't work. The differences are in the parameters used to form the evidence. Parameters that most people don't examine or are aware of. I'm more interested in finding ways to use earth's magnetic field to boost the efficiency of something, not using it to create perpetual motion. If you could boost the output of a generator fifty percent by utilizing earths fields, I'm all for it.

top topics

join