It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions watched as Jimmy Saville molested me

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yes, this the excuse people cover themselves with and conveniently also allows people to not have to confront the people who do it. Particularly if the social paradigmn castigates a person for not capitulating. Who do you think would be attacked under the circumstance if she even had the social training to punch him in the throat? People would (and still do) make it okay for him, and every action she has available will cause her grief.

This is somehow a "choice." Capitulation is the only choice.

Reporting this stuff as a crime is a joke, and treated as such even now.
edit on 2012/10/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Now go back and read my post again, and this time please try to actually comprehend it properly before you mouth off.

If you'd have read my post, you would see that I make no excuses for his behaviour at all. I find him just as sickening as anyone else does.

BUT, people are looking at this through the moral and social attitudes of today, and no matter how adamantly we want to pretend it isn't so, things WERE vastly different back then.

I repeat again, that's NOT AN EXCUSE, I'm just stating FACT here.

I'm guessing that you're under the age of 30, and that you didn't see the 1970's and 1980's in the same way? That's going to be a major problem in trying to comprehend what British culture was like back then. But once again, however you would like it to be, that's not how it was.

We cannot look at the behaviours of people back then and judge them by today's standards when it comes to things that might not have been perceived as socially unacceptable, let alone criminal.

It doesn't change the crimes he actually committed, and it doesn't change the fact that what we see in that video is wrong on so many levels. BUT you cannot look at that video and treat it as though this has just happened on your TV with the equality laws, abuse laws, harassment laws and discrimination laws that we ACTUALLY HAVE TODAY and didn't even think about back then.

Those are the facts, deny them all you want, but it doesn't change them.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As someone on Ickes forum put 'Very timely? Or just coincidence?' www.dailymail.co.uk... Heath's name has come up a lot in blogs such as aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien44
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

And to all your fellow thinkers. Tell your mum that, who should be the most respected person in your life. Tell your sisters for whom you should have been the protector and guardian. Tell your daughters for whom you fear, whom you have loved and cared for for all those years that all this is OK and a bit of fun. I couldn't and wouldn't dream nor believe in telling mine, I love and respect them far far too much.

You are not a man in the ethical sense of the word. nor those who agree with you.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Alien44 because: (no reason given)

And we're still getting these people who think Savile's behaviour is OK. I'm going to saner posts because I just CANNOT believe this. Good night ladies and gentlemen, the real ones that is!
edit on 27-10-2012 by Alien44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are right it was different in the 70's 80's I remember being about 5 and some fella pinched my mum's bum in Liptons, I saw it and told my Dad he just said "That's how I met your mother" and laughed.
Britons in that era were a bit more smutty and not PC, just look at the shows you have mentioned you couldn't put them on air now.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I watched Louis theroux's old special on him a few months back. Aside from being a total germ of a human, there was something off kilter about the bloke. Not surprised the cops are investigating him posthumously.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are right it was different in the 70's 80's I remember being about 5 and some fella pinched my mum's bum in Liptons, I saw it and told my Dad he just said "That's how I met your mother" and laughed.
Britons in that era were a bit more smutty and not PC, just look at the shows you have mentioned you couldn't put them on air now.

Exactly. It was a different time back then.
You just need to look at the "Carry On" films. Life wasn't as bizarre as that, but it wasn't far off!

Looking back at the 70's and 80's now and judging the actions of people back then to the standards of today would be like Americans looking back at the 1950's and calling all men sexist pigs because they 'expected' the wife to stay home and cook the dinner and raise the children.

Now we would say that is sexist and outdated, the same applies to this kind of behaviour. It might not be nice to accept, but that's how things were.

This is a completely different issue to the molestation of children. That is and always has been a crime, deserving of severe punishment. I just hope that there is some clarity given for the genuine cases of abuse of minors, and that this general feeling of outrage over a cultural difference in time is not used to cloud the important issue.

A 19 year old woman being groped is not the same as a child being molested.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think there is a slight difference between a pinch on the bottom and a hand up my skirt

and inside my knickers

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

I think there is a slight difference between a pinch on the bottom and a hand up my skirt
and inside my knickers

The article doesn't even mention knickers. She clearly states that

"When I tried to sit down his hand was still there and went for my bottom again."

So it was a grope on her bottom.

edit on 27-10-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Is the person making the claim telling the truth? the video doesn't show that and we can only get her version of the story (cos he is dead).
Like I said before how many of these things can we take as 100% true? We only have one persons version of what happened on Top of the pops.
Would she have been payed by the newspaper if she had her bum pinched? or has she jazzed it up to get £££££...we will never know.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The story is coming out in bite size pieces....there are 200 or is it now 300 complaints

being investigated i bet there will be more than the one person off 'Top of the pops' and 'Jim

will fix it' at the end of the investigation!!

I had met the man twice......
'

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'am not defending the Man but he can not defend himself due to not moving at all anymore
are all the 300 people telling the truth? we will never know will we.
Heck I could ring a newspaper up and claim he did stuff to me.
It is a horrid affair and it should have come out before he died, yes investigate how he did it and if anyone helped him do it but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it is easy to accuse a dead man.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This might have been something that this woman might have brought to the attention of the public, oh I don't know....36 YEARS AGO! Damn you Illuminati ! ...what are you distracting us from now?

She looked like she was enjoying it anyway.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by magoo22
As someone on Ickes forum put 'Very timely? Or just coincidence?' www.dailymail.co.uk... Heath's name has come up a lot in blogs such as aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk...

Interesting that they should choose to sell the place now. Imagine if it did come out just as David Icke has said - that house might become ghoul central, or people might try to wreck it, or set fire to it. Does make you wonder.

peace
J

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What about the girl who said Freddie Starr was one of them. and he denied emphatically

knowing her and that he had NOT met her and then they found the tape and footage

and she was there right next to him?

There will be miles of old footage that will be gone through and the girls will be there so what

are the probabilities then ????

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Heck If they have real evidence and Mr Star is guilty lock him up, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty.
My best mate was dragged through a rape case which destroyed his marriage and his career until the girl confessed she made it up (mental problems). So let the police do their job and hopefully they will find anyone who has done these horrid crimes and lock em up for it.
Just because Mr Star doesn't remember who he met 20 odd years ago doesn't mean he is guilty.

edit on 27-10-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

It doesnt matter her age. Sexual assault is sexual assuault!(sic)

Yes sexual assault IS sexual assault but age does matter as this (this instance) was not paedophilia.

I have to say that I am very surprised by all this. I never heard anything of this before. My partner's ex used to lodge with him in Leeds, and I sort of knew him.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What an Ahole.. a nasty ugly freaky looking Ahole. He just looks disgustingly ugly and creepy.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You are talking about one case here...but there are said to be up to now about 300 cases

being investigated and ages ranging from 13 years upwards and i believe some cases of

boys too!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Goes to show that good men can be evil (he did raise over 40 million for charity) and visa versa.
I just feel sorry for his victims and all of us who liked him for his good work.
I feel let down in a way

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes I was, as is the thread title, and I did say this instance.

As to the rest time will tell.

I feel let down in a way

If it is proven to be true then yes, in a very big way.

edit on 27/10/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join