It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope you've prepared - Sandy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Ah, ok..

The eye will be landing soon in the next half hour or so. Cape May, NJ

Thats where the Coast Guard boot camp is.. memories

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's landing now but the guys I've been watching all day (35 year storm veterans who broadcast for Fox, Discovery, History Channel, National Geographic and Weather Channel and more) just lost all communication via cell phone and text messages. They mentioned 35-40 foot waves as, "the highest" they had ever seen themselves. Pressure was dropping rapidly and wind direction kept changing. They are currently sitting in Cape May.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Whats the big fuss about Hurricane Sandy? I had lived on the Gulf Coast for decades and been through over a dozen hurricanes. Some very bad. For the bad ones, power out for up to 10 days with food and water cleaned out of the grocery stores within hours by the greedy. Its nothing new. Makes a big mess if its bad with fallen trees and debri to clean up. Having a generator and water on hand is a plus. Will have to eat the stuff thats been in the freezer for ages.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Have you seen the video of the flooding? The coastal areas are under water, and there is flooding inland from the torrential rains.

And at this moment, people are feeling high winds from at least southern NJ and southeast PA, all the way to Toronto.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And the eye of the storm is not even on the mainland yet.
This storm is HUGE.

AND there is a nor'easter joining up with it just to add to the fun.

This is nothing like your typical hurricane.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Anybody here who could tell where the ATS servers are hosted?

Are they in Sandy's predicted path?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Whats the big fuss about Hurricane Sandy? I had lived on the Gulf Coast for decades and been through over a dozen hurricanes. Some very bad. For the bad ones, power out for up to 10 days with food and water cleaned out of the grocery stores within hours by the greedy. Its nothing new. Makes a big mess if its bad with fallen trees and debri to clean up. Having a generator and water on hand is a plus. Will have to eat the stuff thats been in the freezer for ages.

So did I, except I was working it in uniform, gulf coast and east coast and still here, see my post on page two and photo.
'The fuss' as you see it, is simply looking out for our friends, those who are in the path by offering useful information for them as guidelines so that they will be better prepared for flooding and wind damage.
Many have not been in this situation before.

Your 'it's nothing new' statement doesn't apply to everyone there, it would nice of you to offer some useful advice based on your experience and not looking down your nose at them like so many others posters here.

Those who would rather spam these threads with their opinions of over reacting are off-topic and should be directed to the Rant forum.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I....
forgot...
to get

smokes.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NordicNeoShaman
Anybody here who could tell where the ATS servers are hosted?

Are they in Sandy's predicted path?

Appears to be hosted in Dallas Tx.

4 34 ms 31 ms 31 ms tge0-8-0-0.crchtxhe-cr01.texas.rr.com [24.175.55 .76] 5 25 ms 31 ms 31 ms agg27.dllatxl3-cr01.texas.rr.com [24.175.55.78] 6 77 ms 34 ms 27 ms ae-8-0.cr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.52] 7 37 ms 23 ms 21 ms ae-0-0.ar0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.9.105] 8 25 ms 28 ms 27 ms po21.bbr02.eq01.dal01.networklayer.com [66.109.9 .222] 9 26 ms 24 ms 25 ms ae0.dar01.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [173.192.1 8.211] 10 30 ms 23 ms 24 ms po1.fcr03.sr04.dal01.networklayer.com [66.228.11 8.186] 11 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms 67.228.0.162-static.reverse.softlayer.com [67.22 8.0.162]

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I....
forgot...
to get

smokes.

Run like the wind, there's still time!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

So it seems - thanks for that, Juggernog!
edit on 29-10-2012 by NordicNeoShaman because: typos, typos... =P

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NordicNeoShaman

No problem, gotta love tracert

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Since Sandy was 'officially reclassified' as an "Ex-Tropical Cyclone" instead of a hurricane followed by a downgrade to tropical storm - home owner's insurances will have a hey day because they are covered separately under different clauses and cyclones have a higher deductible, sometimes based on a percentage of the homes value.

So - after your lights come back on, you might want to read the fine print in your policy.

I presume she lost all of her record statuses as well.

When it rains, it pours.
edit on 30/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
South Central Virginia was lucky w/ no damage here - snow just a few miles West or North though. Sorry for all that others are and will be going through. Help each other in whatever ways you can, alone we're pretty helpless but together it's amazing what we can get through.
I hope everyone is alright out there.
Best of luck,
Asktheanimals

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
There is so much hype about this stupid storm its ridiculous. Its BARELY a hurricane.
I live on the gulf coast and we get winds this strong a couple times a year and we dont rush to the store
and buy supplies.
Stop harping on this non-event and focus on more important things

Well well well...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Phenomium

I won't embarrass you by saying I told you so...but just remember what I said..this storm will be nothing more than a lame rain storm with a bit of wind. Wonder why they name all of these hurricanes after women anyway....women can be real Bi+ches I guess. Ivan was an exception but rumors are he has now come out of the closet...so he's an exception.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

I had forgotten about this thread and just wanted to say thanks for not embarrassing me since hurricane Sandy turned out to be such a "non-event". Glad nobody lost anything during the storm.
Yeah, it's a year later but you thought you could use a friendly reminder.

Cheers,
ATA

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Juggernog
reply to post by riverwild

Didnt throw mud at anyone.. I just said the hype is ridiculous and it is.

We never caught up after the storm to compare notes Juggernog. $65 billion in damage in the US says you were wrong.
Nobody was hyping the storm. At the time I started this thread on 10/26 people thought Sandy would lose strength and go out to sea. I knew it wouldn't and wanted people to be ready however they could.

I'm hoping next time you won't downplay such a serious threat.
Hurricane Sandy
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join