It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas can ban Planned Parenthood from health program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Texas continues its descent into madness with the go ahead now to defund planned parenthood. I am 100% convinced that the conservative obsession with banning abortion and even birth control is nothing more than a desire to control people by making them poor and uneducated, which having lots of kids tends to do. Texas is already overpopulated and full or poor people which is hurting quality of life there, and this is guaranteed to make it much, much worse. They barely have enough water for the 26 million people they have now, and farms are going dry left and right, traffic is atrocious yet they are bound and determined to fill every inch of the state with people in the name of "life". What are they going to do when all those people run out of water?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Texas can ban Planned Parenthood from health program after court decision

(CNN) -- Texas won another battle against Planned Parenthood this week.

A federal appeals court, on Thursday, refused to grant another hearing to the organization, a decision that stops the organization's fight against Texas' effort to ban state funding for Planned Parenthood affiliates.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry applauded the decision, by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

"Today's ruling affirms yet again that in Texas the Women's Health Program has no obligation to fund Planned Parenthood and other organizations that perform or promote abortion. In Texas we choose life, and we will immediately begin defunding all abortion affiliates to honor and uphold that choice," Perry said.

The decision continues a legal struggle that has been going on for months.

The Texas Women's Health Program provides about 130,000 low-income women with family planning exams, related health screenings and contraception.

Texas opposed government funding for Planned Parenthood clinics because the organization provides abortions.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 26-10-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
good for texas.

and

pay for your own condoms.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
State's Rights are something that should be cherished..

Good for Texas..

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How can you be happy for stupidity and oppression?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

How is not funding something with tax dollars the same as banning it?
edit on 26-10-2012 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Texas wants to secede anyway...I say warn people to get the heck out of there and then trade the whole state to Mexico for Acapulco, maybe Cabo or heck the both of them. At least get something out of this miserable ornery bunch of "Mexicans on their way to Oklahoma." Otherwise they will secede and we'll always have to protect and baby sit them anyway, from Mexico, the way we protect Israel from their neighbors in the Mideast. Lets make a clean break and a fair trade. We've had the Louisiana Purchase - this can be the Texas Tradeoff. Too callous? So sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Overpopulated?
You've never been to Texas have you?

By the way. They will still have planned parenthood and all it entails except the taxpayers won't pay for abortions.

They will still be forking over the cash for everything else.

Seriously though,
Maybe a few people should CONSIDER using birth control instead of just humping like bunnies until they get pregnant.

It's a lot easier to toss out a sponge, condom, wash off spermicide or clean a diaphram, or take birth control pills, 15 bucks a month at wal-mart pharmacy or FREE through Planned Parenthood WHICH IS STILL THERE.

I guess the key to planned parenthood is to plan....or just not have sex until you are competent enough to plan.

Yep,
Another evil right wing male expecting people to think first and hump later.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
who is being oppressed?

planned parenthood will still exist in texas.

and you can still buy "contraception" anywhere in texas.

abortion is still legal in texas, and will remain that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Texas banned state funding for PP. Good for them. Our tax dollars should not be used to fund abortions and PP is the largest abortion provider in the country. Let them get funding from private sources that support this kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
States' rights are great but there is no ban, there is a TRO against the State being prevented from excluding PP from their health program. How's that for confusing?

It's all going back to court next month. I have a hunch PP will win.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good for Texas, I don't think taxpayers should pay for people to get abortions! I also think it's every woman's right to choose whether she gets one or not.

I say yea for STATES RIGHTS!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Overpopulated? You've never been to Texas have you?

I lived there for 8 years, you obviously haven't been anywhere near Dallas, Austin, SA or Houston if you don't think there's too many people there. Just try driving from San Antonio to Austin some time and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Good for my state. I am not against abortion. It is an individual choice which the person has to live with. But should the rest of us pay for the poor choices of others when there are still means of contraception through planned parenthood which are not banned. I think not.

The monies of states have more pressing issues that it can be used for.

And btw, I would support dna testing of the claimed father to be charged with partial support of the child unless the child is given up for adoption.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by CB328

Texas wants to secede anyway...I say warn people to get the heck out of there and then trade the whole state to Mexico for Acapulco, maybe Cabo or heck the both of them. At least get something out of this miserable ornery bunch of "Mexicans on their way to Oklahoma." Otherwise they will secede and we'll always have to protect and baby sit them anyway, from Mexico, the way we protect Israel from their neighbors in the Mideast. Lets make a clean break and a fair trade. We've had the Louisiana Purchase - this can be the Texas Tradeoff. Too callous? So sorry.

Oh, NC.
It's been so long since we foamed and ranted at each other, at least 24 hours.
Texas may secede but it will never be traded because it isn't yours.

Babysitting? No need. We already have more than enough infrastructure, industry, qualified professionals, law enforcement, military, labor, medical, technology, farming, imports,exports,energy, the list goes on.

Just imagine how many world powers would love to be allies with the 14th largest economy in the world that occupied land within just 175 miles of the Geographic center of the US.

Big ports.Tactically advantageous.Arable land.Big oil reserves in the gulf. A major portion of the western hemispheres refining ability.

Plenty of opportunity.

Have fun with D.C.

edit on 26-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

But should the rest of us pay for the poor choices of others

Big news. You pay for a lot of the poor choices of others. It's part of the social contract, for it all to work even the idiots have to be looked out for.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Kudo's Phage. You are sooo right. My focus was very narrow.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

what social contract.

where in the constitution is there a social contract?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, the society in Texas has spoken. They reject this part of your contract.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Overpopulated? You've never been to Texas have you?

I lived there for 8 years, you obviously haven't been anywhere near Dallas, Austin, SA or Houston if you don't think there's too many people there. Just try driving from San Antonio to Austin some time and you'll see what I mean.

Born and raised in Houston area. 45 years of it and I'd rather be in any of those cities than LA. New York I haven't spent much time in and I like Chicago but Houston is a great place aside from the humidity.

The cities you just named account for a small percentage of the land mass. We've got more room than we could possibly need. I've done a few hundred thousand miles in field service and believe me we're not at all overpopulated.

Even as the 4th largest US city in population, we've still got a very low ratio of people per square mile.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Great to see you again!
Just as you can purchase something you can also divest yourself of it.
Texas also still gives permission for teachers to beat children in schools.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

In Austin you cannot carry wire cutters in your pocket.

Dumb laws in Texas
edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join