Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Demons and Angels the totality of the human mind

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Alone in the confines of that darkroom our sanctuary retreat for rest, where it was those Demons first appeared to us as child and with the presense of menancing prose.

But what of the Angels and of their appearance soon after, for on a different night there appeared the presense of the illuminated winged beauty surrounded by her radiance of love and kindness.

Was this not strange to be confronted at so young an age by the forces of coincidence or fate, in their forms of Love and Hate?

Who were these forms of Light and Darkness holding the torches of love and hate?

Were they the manifestations of the developing child mind and unraveling the new psyche; or alternatively literal forms of intelligence sent by the Creator and Beast to unveil definitions of good and evil in the totality of the child mind?

Who are these Demons and Angels and what changes did it guide in the childs development through to adult hood and thereafter to wise maturity?

Where are the Demons and Angels now? , did the maturity of mind obtained by wisdom make them no more real or relevant than a fray of ambiguity or fictional irrelevancy?
edit on 26-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Dear AthlonSavage,

What a wonderful question for a lazy Friday night. Something to ponder and consider. I would first like to get our definitions in line with one another. How would you define angels and demons?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

How would you define angels and demons?

This question is a good starting point. I will define them as duality - objects, forces, forms who have interest in the experiencers emotional and conscious states. In the Op i identify that object as child and postuate the effects on the childs psyche from being the first time exposed to knowledge of the Angel and Demon, Good and Bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

How would you define angels and demons?

This question is a good starting point. I will define them as duality - objects, forces, forms who have interest in the experiencers emotional and conscious states. In the Op i identify that object as child and postuate the effects on the childs psyche from being the first time exposed to knowledge of the Angel and Demon, Good and Bad.

Dear AthlonSavage,

Sorry for the delay, I am cooking dinner, carne asada tacos. I have often wondered how demons and angels differ from humans. All demons are angels; but, not all angels are demons. 1/3rd of the total if we believe the bible. I see angels as being less complex than humans, more pure in emotion and thereby limited. They have free will; but, are more single minded. I am not a believer in us all becoming one, I believe we retain our individuality. For the purpose of answering your question, I am not sure it matters as we may still arrive at the same answer; but, at least you will understand why I take the position I do.

For most of humanities existence, people believed they were interacting with spiritual beings and they were usually unpleasant. As we developed ways for measuring and understanding science, these beings tended to limit their interactions with only the most willing. Imagine that the world began interacting and televising interactions with beings from another dimension, be they angels or demons. We would immediately begin trying to figure out how to get the upper hand on them, to control them; but, we would use science. Think Ghostbusters.

As children we view good and bad as whether something makes us happy or sad. We have a very limited understanding of right and wrong. We are easily convinced to do selfish things and define them as good because we like the result. Certainly, demons would promote selfishness as good to children and the naive. It sets people against people rather than morals against morals.

Hopefully, as we age we come to understand that this life is about all of us and that all suffering hurts us as a species we come to have more mature understandings of good and evil. I think the essence of your question is about the change in understanding between the simplistic view of good and evil and one that takes into consideration others and even the future of humanity.

Sorry, I have to cut the meat; but, will be back. Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Where are the Demons and Angels now?

imo, "they" are constantly influencing the mind. "they" are also forming and designing the dreams a human has.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Where are the Demons and Angels now? , did the maturity of mind obtained by wisdom make them no more real or relevant than a fray of ambiguity or fictional irrelevancy?

Is this a last ditch act of desperation to deny the word 'accountability' for every sin that you have committed since the day you knew the difference between right and wrong ?

Demons are also ghosts. They are nephil spirits.

Are you saying that as demons don't exist, then neither does the spirit ? So every ATSer is spiritless, nothing more than a piece of electrically charged rotting meat.

Are you saying that every ATSer who has witnessed 'shadow people' are liars ?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Are you saying that as demons don't exist, then neither does the spirit ? So every ATSer is spiritless, nothing more than a piece of electrically charged rotting meat.

No im not saying that, although that was nice metaphor electrically charge meat made me laugh.

Are you saying that every ATSer who has witnessed 'shadow people' are liars ?

No im not saying that.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Dear AthlonSavage,

I am not quite sure why you did not respond to my post. I thought we were going to have a discussion on these things, I gave my perspective and was waiting to hear yours. Did I just not understand what you were trying to say?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

There is a veil that covers your eyes from seeing what is there in maturity. Remember that this is a 3 dimensional realm.....................the heavy materialism shields that which is right before your eyes. Sometimes children can see this but the majority of the world is blind to it.

That which exists beyond what the mind can see is far more real than the reality that surrounds you. We have created a box to exist out of......................everything that is real exists outside this box.

That is the reason why you have a soul. You are not a body with a soul. You are a soul in a body.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I think the essence of your question is about the change in understanding between the simplistic view of good and evil and one that takes into consideration others and even the future of humanity.

This is the openner to the seeking answers to the bigger picture. I think angels and demons form themselves around images which we can easily identify as being good or bad. This of courses raises questions which angels are really demons in disguise.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think the essence of your question is about the change in understanding between the simplistic view of good and evil and one that takes into consideration others and even the future of humanity.

This is the openner to the seeking answers to the bigger picture. I think angels and demons form themselves around images which we can easily identify as being good or bad. This of courses raises questions which angels are really demons in disguise.

Dear AthlonSavage,

I U2U'd you and received no reply so I will reply to what I think you are saying. I do not think that angels or demons need to disguise themselves, they are pure emotions. Demons are often referred to by their names, anger, hate, greed, simple and pure emotions that are completely selfish. I think the bigger issue is which ones are we drawn to, they don't need to fool us, we select our vices and selfishness. We choose what we treasure.

We are supposed rule angels (be they demons or not), they are not supposed to rule us because they are simple creatures with limited understanding and interests. By identifying angels as good or bad, we do not define them, we define ourselves. We define our weaknesses and strengths.

new topics

top topics

join