learn more

I'm sick of all the unsubstantiated anti-Obama threads

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am sick of seeing all the Obama haters creating threads which purely go out of their way to demonise Obama, for things he clearly didn't do. Furthermore, these threads are created with the sole intent to confuse the readers and/or make them believe things that are not true. This is corroborated by the fact that the posters tend to overlook critical parts of the story altogether, instead, picking apart and creating a situation that fits them best. Here are some recent threads as examples. Both have been proven false, yet are promoted as the truth:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's time to stop with this unsubstantiated bull crap which boards on the edge of disinformation!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Unfortunately this is part of the American election process.
We have to deal with and try to sort out the BS and just try to keep it from piling up over our heads.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I agree. Hey, I understand if people don't like the guy, but at least have some integrity and don't just make stuff up. There are plenty of real issues to debate without manufacturing stories that just aren't true, ie lying.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You chose two unfortunate examples.

The first is a thread entitled: "Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'" As the report states:

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"
So, Obama did say what the headline indicates. It's completely true and substantiated. We may wonder what Obama meant, but he did say those words.

Your second example is too vague to be properly considered an example of anything. It reports the Rolling Stone interview and accurately reports what Obama said. Again, there is discussion in the thread as to what he meant, but no question that he used b---------r.

Just because something doesn't make Obama look good doesn't make it unsubstantiated or hateful.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What in your two examples was proven false? He did slip up and say he wanted the wind turbines manufacture here in China, and he did call Romney a Bull#ter. He also said the things he said in the other videos. What has been proven false?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
boo hoo hoo.

poor obama

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

The first is a thread entitled: "Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'" As the report states:

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"
So, Obama did say what the headline indicates. It's completely true and substantiated. We may wonder what Obama meant, but he did say those words.

Your second example is too vague to be properly considered an example of anything. It reports the Rolling Stone interview and accurately reports what Obama said. Again, there is discussion in the thread as to what he meant, but no question that he used b---------r.

Just because something doesn't make Obama look good doesn't make it unsubstantiated or hateful.

Here are a few more if you didn't like those.

Obama was a high school bully, who pushed girls, abused drugs, and hanged out with Communists.,

The real reason behind Benghazigate - Obama was gun-walking arms to al-Qaeda jihadists!!!,

Obama Makes The Illuminati Hand Gesture:

Obama is punting all of the bad stuff until after the election

Voting for Obama is voting for a forth Bush term

Tea Party's 'Determinators' Film Warns of Obamacare Fallout,

Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China

Obama has better leadership skills, survey shows,
edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
boo hoo hoo.

poor obama

Mature.
I can't believe you GET an opinion.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I agree. Hey, I understand if people don't like the guy, but at least have some integrity and don't just make stuff up. There are plenty of real issues to debate without manufacturing stories that just aren't true, ie lying.

Heaven forbid we should actually follow the examples of our fearless leaders...

And speaking of manufacturing stories: UPDATED - OBAMA LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Dear newcovenant,

I looked at your examples: The Benghazigate headline is questionable, but the first line of the OP provides the correct headline, has a question mark instead of the explanation marks.

Other than that, all the examples you give show substantiated stories.

"Obama was a high school bully, who pushed girls, abused drugs, and hanged out with Communists." That comes from Obama's own writings as shown in the OP.

"Obama Makes The Illuminati Hand Gesture" Well, he did. Now whether he knew what he was doing is another question, but the headline is true.

"Obama is punting all of the bad stuff until after the election" The only thing I could object to here, is the use of the word "all." He is punting a ton of bad things off until after the election, and the OP gives just a partial list.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok OP, I'm starting to wonder if your post was meant to be sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thank you for adding four more threads to your list. Please remember that the OP is complaining about threads created, not the responses to the threads. There are posts on ATS that can be found to hate everything in the world.

"Obama has better leadership skills, survey shows,"
This is a thread praising Obama and his leadership skills. How can you object to that?

"Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China" Maybe there's some confusion about "looks to?" That's what the CEO was reported to be saying. The OP is substantiated.

"Voting for Obama is voting for a forth Bush term" That's pretty clearly an opinion. I don't see that as a thread that needs much substantiation, it's not that kind of thread. The guy's comparing him to Bush, something that many Democrats have done, especially with the Patriot Act, Gitmo, etc.

"Tea Party's 'Determinators' Film Warns of Obamacare Fallout" The film may be right or wrong, but as the headline says, that's what the film does.

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 26-10-2012 by charles1952 because: delete excess

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Yes, however, members of the thread are demonising Obama, simply because he slipped up. He just got his lines mixed up.

Yes, it accurately reported what Obama said, but the poster of the thread decided to run with the lie that Obama had said that in response to a question from a young child, when in fact he did not. The conversation had changed by the time Obama made that comment...nothing to do with the child. He was demonising Obama for something he didn't do...something common for a deluded Romney supporter.

There are many other threads here which hate on Obama utilising unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Admittedly in my searching for those, (which if I might say are not substantiated to my exacting high standards, there were many biased opinions and unverified evidence stated as fact) I found nearly as many threads about Romney which was encouraging. There seems to be a fair and balanced amount of threads for each of the candidates pro and con. Being a Dem I notice those disparaging my side naturally and I am sure it must seem as unbalanced for those favoring the opponent. Cheers as always. Good disagreeing with you.

Frank
edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yeah all of the things people say about Obama, I dont know if they are true or not, but if you say anything about the gay stuff Obama was involved in the mods will remove it like they did the 2 above, they said it was off topic,maybe ,but IT IS something people say about him that could or couldnt be true and thats what the post is about. Or was it my "just curious, is he a muslim?" that got em all worked up..?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

MODS "sorry off topic post,this is about Obama not Romney"

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Dear Everyone,

I should step back and take another look at this, I'm not being very helpful here. Thanks, newcovenant for coming to my rescue.

I don't like any unsubstantiated thread, if it claims to be reporting an event. I don't think Romney fans or Obama fans should do it. Or, for that matter the non-political threads. I've become especially sensitive, lately, to threads that attack other members. That, I think, is worse than stupidity.

It's become easy to attack posters when they say something we don't want to hear. Maybe it's the elections, maybe it's new people, maybe the Mods are swamped, I don't know, but it's out there. I suspect I over-reacted to the OP because of my recent sensitivity.

But, I don't believe we're going to get away from people calling candidates or elected officials terrible names. We may have to just put up with that.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I just think your comment was inappropriate for the thread and ATS in general.

Enough of that now. This is about Obama being criticised by people who don't bother to provide evidence or intentionally look over some critical aspects of a story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join