It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose - a website that gives Freedom of Information Act documents for Free !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Would you like such a website?

There are tons of people requesting FOIA documents all the time. Our technology has made it possible to have large documents stored on hard drives so others can download this data. I think the Government itself should scan all their FOIA documents and post them online for free, but that's not going to happen, they make money off these things ( the snakes).

But this idea could work. Take the popularity of Wikileaks for example. People willingly scan in those documents and send them in to Wikileaks, so why not FOIA documents?

It would save time and money when researching things and could be a popular resource.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Something like it already exists. Not every conceivable record and not all federal agencies but it's a start. Sometimes the individual agency websites have a page devoted to uploaded records. USDA comes to mind.

foiaonline.regulations.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I never heard of that but did a google search and didn't find anything.

Currently, FOIAonline participating agencies include: Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Commerce (except the US Patent and Trademark Office), Office of General Counsel of the National Archives and Records Administration, Merit System Protection Board, and Federal Labor Relations Authority. Please note: Information available from FOIAonline varies by agency.

Kinda lame agencies.. not gonna find a lot of juicy stuff there. I'll bet that's by design. That's where my proposed website would differ. You could post any agencies documents that can be requested.

edit on 26-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's a good idea... I like it. Having an independent website not owned by the Government, where anyone can upload FOIA documents, would work well imo. It could probably survive with advertising alone.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You can check out this site

The following categories are available, which currently
house 632,563 Pages of FOIA Documents
along with THOUSANDS of Photographs and Videos.

Here are some of what you can find there.
Advanced Technology
Congressional & Senatorial Correspondence
Cryptology
New World Order
UFO Phenomena

And much more.
www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
You can check out this site

The following categories are available, which currently
house 632,563 Pages of FOIA Documents
along with THOUSANDS of Photographs and Videos.

Here are some of what you can find there.
Advanced Technology
Congressional & Senatorial Correspondence
Cryptology
New World Order
UFO Phenomena

And much more.
www.theblackvault.com...

Thanks. This is a much better resource than the other Gov link above. I wonder why this site doesn't have mainstream popularity like Wikileaks does? Seems to me such a site would be just as popular. I haven't read much on the site yet.. I wonder how they get their documents.

join