It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, Please !!! Really Want To Understand This !!! (Someone With Knowledge Kindly Respond)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ats people are so funny!
80% of the members have no idea what stars,flags points,etc... mean!
ME INCLUDED!
so what is exactly the point of all of this?
some conspiracy folks think its a filing system for the c.i.a.!
lets them know what envelope to shove you into,just in case!
any way,when ya find out,let me know!

Simples...they bestow immortality.....

Des

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I posted THIS in BBQ, so follow the links.

It's the best in-depth explanation. Kudos to schuyler!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Here is the math at the time I did it.

K=(([stars]270 * 15=[4050]) + ([flags]114 + [applause]1=115) * 10=))=1150=5200 / [posts]313 = 16.61 (16 shown)

W=([number of posts]313 ÷ 600=.521) + ([number of flags]114 ÷ 80= 1.425) + ([number of stars]270 ÷ 170=1.588)= .521+1.425+1.588=3.534 (3 shown)

These change depending on the math. more posts less stars=lower Karma and visa versa. The wats never goes down only up.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Wow thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Take care. Didn't realize I had applause left, thought it got taken away from me. How do you know where the applause is?

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Applause's are not taken away once they are given. You can find them by going to your profile page and they will be at the bottom of your stats.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I will always be wondering what I do to make my karma go down! What actions determine this specifically? Has something to with stars v post. But how do the post get rated? Does editing effect this? For instance would it be better for me to contact you with u2u so as to not effect my post count? I thought the dialogue would help others? Doesn't that account for something?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

We all have our strategies on our post count. Some members just don't care and post when and where they want and they leave their stats to chance others will strategically place posts agreeing with an OP to gather the most stars. It really is how you [lay the game if you should even choose to play at all. Myself, I do post my opinion such as it is with no strategic placement but I do tend to help others out when I can.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I prefer to come by it honestly, just wanted to know what made things tick. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join