It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I suffering from Insomnia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm serious here.

I didn't sleep at all Saturday night (no reason, just a combination of restlessness and simply not being tired). Made it through the day Sunday...watched football like usual.

I had to pull an all-nighter Sunday night to cram for two exams on Monday. I took a medium length nap Sunday night (between 7 PM and 11 PM). It wasn't sound sleep at all though...woke up at 11 and studied...well, to put a long story short - it's Tuesday, 2:15 EDT...and I STILL HAVEN'T FREAKING SLEPT SINCE that nap on Sunday night.

Last night, there was NO reason NOT for me to get to bed at a decent time...I was on the heels of an all-nighter and I had NOTHING I had to do last night. But I was simply restless...laid down and felt nowhere near sleepy. So I stayed up ALL NIGHT last night. I slept in till 2 PM on Saturday...since 2 PM Saturday...72 hours ago...I have slept a grand total of 4 hours (and it wasn't even sound sleep). I have not had so much as a catnap in the last 40 hours....wide awake the entire time.

And I'm still NOT TIRED...and I feel restless. The only other time I stayed awake this long was Finals Week during my freshman year of college...I made it through 42 hours because I had to but it was torture and I passed out for about 16 hours afterward. So, I'm nearly to that 42 hour mark...and I haven't really SLEPT outside of that 4 hour broken nap in 72 hours. And maybe it'll hit me but right now I don't know if I'll get to sleep tonight or not.

I do feel quite spacey...but not even the least bit drowsy or fatigued. Is this something to seriously worry about? I'm considering setting up a doctor's appointment.

join