It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA was founded on Christianity, Deal With It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Haha! Good find there Howard....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
DID YOU KNOW?

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ... it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

Actually, this isn't true. I'll show you a pic here...

It's a man on one knee, and he isn't holding anything....

Not that I'm discounting what you're saying, but I'm just informing you that that particular bit of info is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One thing you might find interesting is the God in the Temples of Government - Photo Essay. It's a small collection of pictures that show religious symbols in public places.

Moses with the Ten Commandments inside the Supreme Court's courtroom

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It always amazes me that people know so little about their own history! It really just blows me away! The Constitution doesn't really "say" to "separate church and state" in those words, but it is written out for all religious freedoms! (I hope it is ok that quote that...(I am apparently poor at how to do this correctly)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Many of America's founding fathers, didn't even accept Cbristianty:

Thomas Jefferson:

I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth.

To read all of the thoughts of many of the founding fathers concerning the bible and Christianity go to the link
www.postfun.com...

NO..America was not founded on Christianty..."you" deal with that!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh, INSIDE!

I feel silly now.

Sorry!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'd shell (yes, mortars) the living heck outta' the Puritans before they set foot on shore.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I love how Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply is not true!

Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry beliefs rather than to Christianity...

Deal with it!

ETA: Oh and if I were you I wouldn't be so fast to claim that Christians were soley responsible for founding America. Remember what happened when we first settled here? Does killing innocent Native Americans and running them off their land ring a bell? Manifest Destiny...puhlease...

[edit on 10/19/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ugh, here we go again.

To all the "do you knows" ..............

DO YOU KNOW:

-----------------------------------------
George Washington: (Acknowledged Freemason)
"Every man ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience."
---------------------------------
President Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the Trinity or the miracles of Jesus.
----------------------------------
John Quincy Adams was a Unitarian.
------------------------------------
Ethan Allen:
"The faith of many of our Founding Fathers was Deist, not Theist."
-----------------------------------
Thomas Paine:
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."
--------------------------------
James Madison:
"And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together."
---------------------------------
Thomas Jefferson:
"I contemplate with soveriegn reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should �make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,� thus building a wall of separation between church and State."
Thomas Jefferson:
"I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another."
United States Constitution:
"The senators and representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
Thomas Paine:
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine:
"Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics. As an engine of power, it serves the purpose of despotism; and as a means of wealth, the avarice of priests; but so far as respects the good of man in general, it leads to nothing here or hereafter."
-----------------------------

Washington a Freemason, I did'nt know they were ChristianS !! Imagine that.

Misfit

link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
yes, but through the centuries, we have become "adulturated"....allowing the Native Americans to incorporate such unbiblical doctrines as the peyote religion into their new found faith and such.....

Ya know as a Native American, I take offense at that dear! What does that have to do with you? How is that hutting you? Is it any of your business what-so-ever what anyone else does within their religion if it is not bothering you? Why is that Christians are so hung up in every ones else's business?

link   
for the most part, all masons for sure and a few practiced christianity. Remember that Jefferson, my 9th generation grandfather, wrote his own version of the bible without any references to miracles or Jesus. Franklin, Washington, even Cornwallis all practiced their masonry craft at the same lodge in northern Virginia.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Im not dealing with anything I dont have too.

I have the Religious Right, not to have one.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Im not dealing with anything I dont have too.

I have the Religious Right, not to have one.

I can not agree more with you on that, by the way I love the new avatar.

See I am not a religious beleiver so I'm glad I can believe whatever in hell I want.

NO I am not a devil worshiper, actually I don't believe in hell or the devil.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Edited out b/c I believe I misunderstood the post I was quoting...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
by the way I love the new avatar.

Its my AntiHate avatar. People see what they want in it. I see it for what it is.

Dont let the devil use christ as a weapon of war.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ever notice how Jesus never practiced nor preached hate and yet the Religious Right in our country spouts hatred all the time?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Exactly Spittin...

I think it's funny how people claim that Jesus would be on "America's side"...I'm willing to bet he would be on humanity's side...just a guess!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Exactly Spittin...

I agree is so funny to see our politicians making references to god and jesus as if god and jesus were property of the American nation and nobody else.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves....

I wonder who that fits?? Jim Baker, Oral Roberts, Pat Roberts, etc???

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The church must not influence the laws or the Government.

It wasn't founded on christianity, it was founded by christians. Theres a big difference.

Did you bother top check if any of these "facts" are true? It smells of one of those "christian reinforcer" emails that spout things.

Nerdling, how many times must I explain this to you? Yes, this nation was founded on Christianity. The laws are based on the laws of the God of Israel. Laws, as a matter of fact, are created for the enforcement of morality (notice, I said laws, not statutes, which are commercial). Sorry to specify toy, Nerd, but after your post I got no further.

Pol., is sure as heck wish you'd have used the search engine and noticed that this has been covered almost as much as Is homosexuality wrong? and Do you really believe there are aliens?

But, let me ask you a question. I know what I know, and I know why I know it. I know what I know because of years and years of actual studying and digging. Did you actually do any real studying before your revelation and pasting this email to this board? When I say studying, I don't mean reading a few sites on the internet. Can you back up your beliefs with anything substantial?

Can you tell I despise email forwards and despise all internet biased sites people read and then get an skewed picture?

I believe that being right is not good enough if you are going to assert your belief in the public arena. You'd better be ready to defend it from many assaults. For example, does the Treaty of Tripoli render your argument invalid, and if not, why?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
By the way, Lecky, you are right in reverse. Tehre has been quite a bit of history revisionism going on in the last several decades, but it isn't the Christians. The actual opposite is true. There was a reason for it (Other than the obvious God- v - Satan thing). The Soviets knew that the only way they were going to destroy this country is if the nation was weakened severely first. One of the main things necessary was to get the nation to turn its eyes away from its God. Communism and God doesn't mix, and by weakening us spiritually, that would also prepare us for communism.

Funny, although the Soviet Empire has (allegedly) fallen, her long-term tactics are still in motion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join