It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney in a Dunce hat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'd be happy to hear this was a hoax site or something other than what it appears to be, but it claims to be the Obama campaign site for Tumblr. It's hard to believe this would be presented by the official campaign at a Presidential level?

Source

Well, assuming it's legit, I suppose it will become one of the images of the campaign. It's a strong one. I'm just not sure quite what direction and to whose benefit the strength lay? It's on drudge though and I hadn't noticed it posted here. Talk about one to jump out.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you know I just don't get this. the whole campaign has me scratching my head but on this picture it doesn't fit. The dude is far from being a dunce. I am looking forward to folks "splainin'" me in this thread. s/f

edit on 10/26/2012 by howmuch4another because: my idiom was illiterate

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wow when did the presidential election turn into a school yard, naming calling competition?.

Reminds me of when I drew silly pictures of my grade school teachers.

Does this stuff actually work?

If genuine, it represents a low point in American politics...
edit on 26-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The dunce cap is made out of a global map.

Since Romney thinks Iran only has access to the Sea through Syria, I think it is quite fitting.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It is crazy out there.

Eric Hartsburg

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

The dunce cap is made out of a global map.

Since Romney thinks Iran only has access to the Sea through Syria, I think it is quite fitting.

even with the map the dunce thing is an over reach. the guy is pretty smart. I think it will be a thud with the undecideds. all 6 of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
these two are a little more realistic

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The account looks legit.

All the contact details and links lead to appropriate places and legal statements are present (eg. Privacy policy)

Grant it, someone could still forge all this, but you would think the Obama administration would have this removed immediately, as they would not want someone not of the party spreading information.

My verdict is this is a legit account and a legit post of a poor tasting depiction of Romney

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Source for picture.

30reasons.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well he did say Syria was Iran's only access to the sea.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that it wasn't just me this ad struck as out of place for the level it's appearing at. Before bringing this to share, I imagined how I'd feel if Romney posted a graphic depicting Obama with the jug ears cartoonists have used and perhaps ranting in an extreme way to depict the debate.

I just couldn't bring myself to think it would be appropriate or funny from that side either and so felt fairly sure in bringing it here. Honestly, it strikes me as so mean spirited and petty. Like what my son would come up with if he had quite a bit more artistic talent for the finished product. Just....undignified for men vying for one of the most powerful positions on Earth...

*Thanks to the people who also checked out the info.. I was hoping I missed something. I don't know. I don't even feel good to find this, let alone headline on Drudge...It's surreal.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is Oliver Munday's artistic expression to his reason for voting for Obama:

Romney’s foreign policy record is extraordinarily lack-luster; America needs to work in specifics, not generalities. We cannot trust his heavy hand in dealing with nuances of international diplomacy.

My suggestion look more into what the website is.:

30 personal reasons people are voting for Obama featuring their artwork.

30 Reasons is a 30-day email and internet poster campaign encouraging voters to re-elect President Barack Obama. The first round of 30 Reasons debuted four years ago to great success. By election day in 2008, the website had over 100,000 views, and we emailed posters to hundreds of thousands more. But, better than that, President Obama won! (Okay, I guess we can’t take all of the credit.)

And now that we’re facing a crucial election again, we’ve revived 30 Reasons and asked 30 talented artists and designers to each create one poster describing their reason to reelect President Obama. In another year when the direction of this country seems so fragile, we are hoping that we can contribute with design in some measure. We all have the ability to speak up, to stand up, to impact the course of this country.

Opps, sorry my info is from the original source (click on the image in your source). Obama campaign was just sharing. Anyways, I'd say yeah account looks legit.
edit on 10/26/2012 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/26/2012 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I dont get the Aleister Crowley thing and someone just posted something about him vs Ben Stein for president,,can someone help me out with this?? :>

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well Romney is an idiot who is out touch with society.... and the map thing is lol..

I always thought Romney as a political turd, a politician who floats around....not worth #$%$.
I'm just surprised the corporate world has him floating still. I guess they are going to let Obama flush him!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

You know, if people put their blind and ignorant hate for candidates aside for just a moment, they might do a little learning of their own to realize...even one they don't like says something important now and then.

People seem to accept RT as a Tier 1 source for news, so RT it is......Syria *IS* Iran's "route to the Sea" and it's pathetic Romney would have to explain it. People staying current on strategic news in that region would KNOW this development marks a first in history for a pipline connecting the Med and Caspian Seas.

The oil ministers of Iran, Iraq and Syria have agreed on the construction of a 5,000-km pipeline, which is designed to transport Iranian natural gas westwards. The project will compete against the European Nabucco project.
The pipeline is to transport gas extracted at Iran’s South Pars gas field through territories of Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, and further across the Mediterranean Sea to Europe. The project, with an estimated cost of $10 billion, will take three to five years to complete, officials say.

The pipeline will have the maximum discharge of 110 million cubic meters of gas daily. Iraq says it will be buying between 10 and 15 million cubic meters of that amount until at least 2020. Syria wants 15 to 20 million cubic meters and Lebanon is to claim five to seven million cubic meters. The rest is to be sold to European consumers, the Middle-Eastern partners hope.
Source

What almost scares me is that Obama didn't seem to have the slightest clue, either. This pipeline isn't proposed. It's not a concept. The deal between Tehran, Baghdad and Damascus was formalized earlier this year. Iraq isn't quite the enemy to Iran the U.S. has thought, as a completely secondary observation. Of course though, Romney said it, so it's meaningless fluff and can't have any factual basis to be paid attention to.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Wow when did the presidential election turn into a school yard, naming calling competition?.

Reminds me of when I drew silly pictures of my grade school teachers.

Does this stuff actually work?

If genuine, it represents a low point in American politics...

Yes. it works.
Yes. it's a very low point in America...period.

I think it might actually be time to split the country because the two sides are already alien to each other.
edit on 27-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That is a scary and deeply disturbing thought. It really is and on many levels. Over 618,000 Americans died fighting each other the last time our nation found itself with differences it could no longer settle peacefully. That was using muskets and grapeshot cannons. I suppose we'd need a 7th or even 8th place for the numbers this time around.

You may be right and that is what I guess I just want to refuse to accept right now. I'll even admit that in myself...I do CHOOSE to refuse in that area. It's just too ugly a path as the only one left if that is all true, ya know?

You make a point which can't be ignored though. I so wish it could.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by badgerprints

That is a scary and deeply disturbing thought. It really is and on many levels. Over 618,000 Americans died fighting each other the last time our nation found itself with differences it could no longer settle peacefully. That was using muskets and grapeshot cannons. I suppose we'd need a 7th or even 8th place for the numbers this time around.

Or... maybe we could really just let the south secede. I would much rather have two nations deeply allied with one another than two halves of the same nation hating one another.

new topics

top topics

join