It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6 Most Eerily Convincing Ghost Videos on YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am usually very quick to write off "ghost sightings" as simple paradolia... but some of these videos are just... wow.

While some are very obviously CGI, others are not so easy to write off. I'll be interested to see the responses as to who thinks which videos are real or fake. Regardless of your opinion, all of the footage is impressive.

YouTube is full of "This is totally real, guys" ghost videos, and if you don't spend at least one night around Halloween browsing through a bunch of them, you're not truly getting into the spirit of the holiday. Here are what we consider the most eerily convincing videos in the genre.*

*Note: Science has found zero empirical evidence for the existence of ghosts, aliens, demons or any other supernatural creatures, and these videos will surely not fool an expert in video fakery. Unless he or she watches them alone, late at night, in the dark. Then they become very convincing.

#6: The Levitating Girl

A Russian man is out filming his dog in the woods, waiting for something quantifiably adorable to happen. Maybe the dog was supposed to do a backflip or something. Instead, he runs off, having apparently sensed black magic in the trees. The cameraman chases after him and stumbles across these two girls and holy sh*t, one of them is flying...

#5: The Headless Ghost

In this video, we have four kids wandering around looking for a ghost in an abandoned school in Iraq (one description says India, but since they're speaking Arabic we'll go with Iraq). The boys are kind of wandering aimlessly through stairwells and empty classrooms for a solid two minutes, which would arouse suspicion under our "Why is anyone filming this?" rule if not for the fact that we know they are explicitly waiting for the lights to suddenly dim and for a hallway full of disembodied 19th century clothes to start doing the Monster Mash. That doesn't happen. What happens is much creepier:

A headless ghost appears right in front of them. You literally see it materialize on camera -- of all the entries on this list, this is the one you absolutely have to watch. Seriously, your mind will be blown like Eric Stoltz's penis in The Rules of Attraction. As they swing the camera lazily through the room, the ghost just walks very purposefully toward them like it's delivering a pizza, while a long, low moan emanates from its phantom lungs.

# 4: The Jakarta Angel

The light from the "angel" has a strange weight to it -- you can see it pulse outward at the bottom as it suddenly gains mass after striking the ground. Anyway, maybe a Pixar animator got bored and threw this together just to mess with people. After contacting all of his or her friends in Jakarta, Indonesia, to stage it. Including, of course, his or her friends with access to the security footage of that particular public square.

The alternative is that a seraph chose to rocket all the way down to Earth for, like, 2 damn seconds in front of what appears to be a laundromat. Maybe someone carelessly dropped one of those limited-edition 50 State Quarters, and it really needed Wyoming to complete its collection.

# 3: The Fallen Angel of Catalonia

If you freeze-frame it, you can see that while the thing may be humanoid in appearance, its eyes are badly sunken in, its head and face seem overly large (and awfully pale), and its pupils catch every ounce of the virtually nonexistent light coming from the camera. So, it's either a seriously haggard meth addict with Riddick-like powers who wandered out into the woods of Spain to scream at the talking scorpions living beneath his fingernails, or it's someone in heavy monster makeup. Most likely, it's the latter and the whole thing was staged by a couple of friends wanting to either get on the news or become Internet famous. It's not even that great of a costu- ... wait, what are those, stumps on its back?

# 2: The Disneyland Ghost

It's easier to see in motion, but that's the figure appearing on two cameras simultaneously, which means it pretty much has to be something that is actually on the video. In other words, we have to stand back in awe, if not at the existence of Disneyland ghosts, but at whoever went through the #load of time and effort this took.

It would (presumably) have to be CGI that was doctored directly onto the security tapes and then filmed on a separate camcorder during playback. Maybe the guard stole four separate tapes of footage, took them home to add the effects on each one and then brought them back to the park to play them on the security bank in perfect sync without anybody noticing. After all, it's not Air Force One, it's Disneyland. How hardcore could security possibly get? Well, they do have four cameras monitoring a single walkway...

# 1: The Hand Demon

When the horror starts, it's anything but subtle. And by that we mean that when the cameraman gets to the bedroom, everything becomes a Tool video. He switches on a flashlight as bizarre, pale-grey arms begin growing down from the ceiling. First it's just a few, but soon it's a dozen or more...

The fact that this is CGI is as obvious as the crap in our pants that appeared after watching it. But that's some goddamned well-made CGI -- see how the light is reflecting off of the skin of the arms?

And for a splice of good humor, check out the full article here.
Source: Cracked.com

Happy Halloween ATS!
edit on 10/26/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
great article! Cracked always has good articles.
And i know that final video is most likely fake; it is still awesome.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You call those convincing?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Eerily Convincing for fun only as they are all CGI and or de bunked. The Disney ghosts are my fav.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Already posted..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My favorite is still the angel one!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i haven't seen this one debunked yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

Yeah it was, although when I watched it I was very convinced and still don't buy the official explaination..... BTW I love your avatar! FFX FTW!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Darn, didn't see that it was already posted. That sucks because I put way more effort into this thread than that poster, but oh well mods feel free to delete.

And yeah I agree the Jakarta Angel is the best one.
edit on 10/26/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyNuisance
You call those convincing?

You call that debunking a video? I could eat alphabet soup and crap out a better argument than that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

it debunked itself

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The video at #1 has been debunked. It's fake.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

Yeah, the article basically just commends it for its brilliant CGI.

Personally I would like to see a debunk attempt at the angel video or the Disneyland ghost.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
heres an ats exclusive, my special ops buddy smuggled me this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

You cant be serious?

Why would the second Cop open the trunk if he was trying to help his partner?

The little gnome climbing out of the trunk was kinda cool though

ETA: OK, I watched it a couple of times, the second Cop didnt open the trunk and the little gnome climbing out is still cool

edit on 26-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

Took the words right out of my mouth.

As for the OP,I'm pretty sure at one time or another they've all been debunked.Some of them here,namely #6 and #4. I'm sure a few others have too,I'll have to look around and see though.And no offense,but I think it's safe to say that #1 is entirely fake.
edit on 26-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You cant be serious?
reply to post by SLAYER69

You cant be serious?

you don't beleive in killer gnomes?
Frank was one day from retirement! damn it!

its just a joke to you guys!
what about all the gnome deaths that go unreported.
the truth will come out one day.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes you did so I won't complain!
& it's getting more attention anyways.
The levitating girl one is cool too!
I know others say the Jakarta angel is CGI, but I'm still not convinced. If it is it's some damn good CGI, I however would like to believe its real, lol.
I love videos like these close to Halloween!!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

#6: The Levitating Girl is very convincing. As the girls were getting away I very easily imagined them saying, "Oh No! We've been seen!"

Pretty good direction, if nothing else. But who wouldn't want to believe that flying just might be possible?

top topics

join