The Dinosaurs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
E_T

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Did anyone else find that link odd...LOL did you read any of it!?

Did you know that dinosaur bones that are carbon dated give dates of only a few thousand years old? - Not millions like evolutionists claim.
No wonder they don't get right age, radio carbon dating won't work for even half million year old stuff.

www.mnsu.edu...

And neither there might be anymore "original bone" in fossilized bones, fossilization can replace original material completely with minerals from surrounding stuff. (meaning those bones become rocks)

www.megmawl.com...
paleontology.esmartstudent.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh man. Bottom line is NOBODY KNOWS. It is a belife system set up in the middle ages to keep order. Inquisitions, wars, pograms.........THAT is what comes from that belife system.

Besides, which system is right? What if Buddah is THE God? Yet some still want to belive in Jesus and all of that stuff.

People are generaly like sheep. If you were to find out tomorrow that all the sheep were going to the 'right' God most likely you would follow.......Sheeple.

Faith........... faith centers around the fear of the unkown. Your mind cannot comprehend that there may be NOTHING when you die. Define Nothing... Close as I can come is a NULL in a db or Null pointer in C. But it still is something.

Then again I am from the church of "Whats happening now".

I went to a Catholic school in Utah. Father Devlin posed this to me.

If you came upon a tribe of people in the jungle that were about to sacrifice a young girl, toss her in a volcano. Would you "save" her? I said yes. Father Devlin told me that because I saved her she would spend eternity in Hell. In her religion the only way for her to get to heaven was to be sacrificed to the volcano god.

JB

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
They are all false 'gods" you spoke of.

Interesting, they seem to say the same thing about yours.

There is only one God, and Jesus is His only Son. Its called faith. Clearly what a lot of you people lack around here.

If you'll notice, thats what people here have been saying, without faith in the beleif that the god of the bible created these things directly, then there is no reason to beleive any of it.

Its like throwing a bunch of car parts in the air and then it lands to be a perfect car from the parts, it doesn't happen without guidance. Same as creation itself.

Is that supposed to be a critique of evolution? Evolution is nothing like throwing car parts in the air and getting a car. Evolution builds on past successess slowly over time. Also, neither evolution nor creation of the universe has ever been shown to require intelligent supernatural direction. If you want to beleive that it has, fine by me, but don't pretend that there is evidence to support it or that its anything other than a beleif.

truthstrgngrthanfiction
OCEANS of water came up from the EARTH people, wouldnt the FORCE of that cause some form of fossilization???

No, it wouldn't. Fossilization isn't caused by 'force'. Furthermore, if enough water to cover the highest mountains (ie, to flood the world) sprang up from the ocean, then, amoung other things, there would be a mismash of organisms preserved in the fossil layer, not successions of faunas and any sort of order. Also, there would be one global flood deposit, which simply isn't found.

NEWS FLASH people....the bible says

Whether or not one accepts what the bible says is a matter of whether or not one has faith in it. Some people have faith in other things and other people would rely on evidence rather than faith to understand the world.

there is actually ample proof

There is not one shred, not one iota of proof.

rosebeforetime
He eats grass like an ox[...]. The description fits that of a sauropod dinosaur like Brachiosaurus.

Didn't eat grass, didn't live in marshes.

See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar

Many have noted that this might better be taken as a description of the creatures reproductive organs, strength in the loins, powerful muscle, swaying like a trunk. That would definitely rule out any sauropod. And where are the descriptions of packs of ravenous manirapotorial dinosaurs wiping out entire villages or the tyrannosaurs stomping on people? Where are the relatively fresh carcasses? Why aren't the dinosaur fossils found with modern mammals?

The Astral City
The site would be funny if this were not what someone with a PhD

Kent hovind received his 'phd' from an unaccredited degree mill. He doesn't even know how long his 'thesis' is (he actually states that he's been 'adding to it' ever since he finished it, sometimes its over 200 pp, some time around 100) and major sections of it are repeated verbatim in it. Normally, at a real university, a thesis is kept on file in the library and people are allowed to see it, but 'Patriot University' won't let anyone see his thesis (which, by the way, he didn't have to defend before anyone, which is how actual theses are done) and he himself has claimed ot have lost his copy and won't let people see it. Heck half the time he says its on somethign like the effect of bible teaching in schools and other times that its on an entirely different subject. Regardless, the actual subject isn't paleontology or any other science, it seems to be vaguely about education. A few have seen it and their description of it is, well, revealing. He is a fraud and a charlatan, traveling from church group to church group and defrauding them.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If evolution (which hasn't been proven fully) came about then so be it, by the hand of God. We'll know when the time is right. Just because one does believe in evolution, doesn't mean you can't beleive in God. You're scientific "proofs" won't sway me from denying God's existence, no amount would. God is above science, God is above all human thought and reason. God gave us science to see glimpses of God's true power. I'm done with this thread.

[edit on 10-25-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If evolution (which hasn't been proven fully)

Evolution, the idea that organisms change thru natural selection, has been demonstrated as well as any other scientific theory and better than most. There is also the 'fact of evolution', meaning that its observed, as a fact, that species change over time. The theory is a question of how.

I, nor anyone else here that I noticed, ever said that because evolution is true then there must be no god, I don't know where you got that from or why you reacted that way. Science isn't about proving or disproving god's existence or anything else about any diety.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Lotta talk on how they got here, but what about how they left?
Theories of giant comets, and asteroids having a total global effect is not the way to go. I think I have the most viable logical theory:
Too much oxygen! The Earth became a lush, vegetative machine, and produced a lot of air. Cleaner air than the huge beasts were used to, and being huge, they took in a lot in a breath! With most of the floaties and bits of ash and dirt removed, the Dino's took a last gasp, so to speak, and the pure air done them in.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I belive in evolution. I do belive in a higher power. Not sure I belive in a "God" per se. I really don't know what to belive about that. I neither belive nor disbelive.

Most people seem to think that things "evolve" to adapt to its environment. Poo Poo. Evolution is mutation. An animal can LEARN to ADAPT to its environment such as the Perigrin Falcon did in New York city.

Mutation is different. A giraffe did not get its long neck over eons by stretching to reach ever higher limbs on a tree. No, one day a short neck giraffe gave birth to a mutant giraffe with a long neck. He was able to eat and thus breed passing along its mutant gene untill the short necker died out.

Evolution = Only the strong will survive. Survival of the fittest etc........

BUT the meek shal inherit the Earth???????? Jeeze tell that to the cockroaches.

[edit on 10/25/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
He was able to eat and thus breed passing along its mutant gene untill the short necker died out.

Thats what adaptation means tho.

I means that the population become adapted to the environment, in this case via mutation. Natural Selection acts on Mutations and leads to Adaptation.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ng,
Most people though that believe in Evolution use it for a case against the existance of God or don't need Him.

What I meant was the how hasn't been discovered fully as of yet. My apologise for confusion.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Officials in Georgia have mandated that schools continue to use the word evolution when teaching science. However, as a compromise, dinosaurs are now called 'Jesus horses'." -- Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live, 21 Feb 04

Hehehe!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral CityA site you may find interesting is www.drdino.com it's a site by a guy named Dr. Hovinds. The guy is a very very fundamentalist Christian, and he's a bit off in the head, but he really is intent on proving that dinosaurs existed before the flood... whatever...

Y'know, his brand of pseudo-science is SO bad that the other "Young Earthers" are warning others to not use his arguments and pages as proof. (check it out on www.answersingenesis.com... )

The site would be funny if this were not what someone with a PhD actually believed and toured the United States trying to convince people of through lectures.

Actually, he's not a real PhD.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
"Officials in Georgia have mandated that schools continue to use the word evolution when teaching science. However, as a compromise, dinosaurs are now called 'Jesus horses'." -- Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live, 21 Feb 04

Hehehe!

Oh and don't forget, Ghosts no longer want to be called ghosts. From now on they are Apparition Americans. : )

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
I think God did create the dinasaurs, in Job it mentions animals that fit the description of dinasaurs.

One thing to consider is that maybe dinasaurs were alive before the flood?? I mean if you talk to any evolutionist they will laugh at the thought of a flood covering the whole earth, most say it only happened in one area like the euphraties flooding , BUT if you consider the idea for a moment that a flood so heavy that covered the entire earth and mountains that happened in 40 days and then suddenly recided again, wouldnt the force of such an event fossilize many creatures??? I mean that much compression in that short time could do it, also there are not that many fossils found to suggest that there were millions of dinasaurs. also isnt carbon dating a bit of a long shot, its not 100% reliable.

First off even with the entire earth flooding it would a great deal of time to fossilsize something for pressure.

Second there may have been millions of dinosaurs, but not all of them get fossilized.

Third off there could never be a flood of the entire earth for several reasons.
1. The isn't enough water on earth, if it came from space through a comet, one big enough to carry that much water would destroy earth.

2. lets say that from some incredible way all of earth did flood there would be some much water in the air the you would dron from breathing.

3. Every animal would be wiped out. Then you could say that the story of Noah is true and he loaded two of every animal onto a boat. There is one problem with this, i dont know the exact number, but to load all those animals on a boat they would have to be loaded of some thiing 100+ animals per second or some figure that is just impossible.

so what im saying is that its not just it rained alot but that water came up from the earth and then recided again which would have dragged alot of stuff down with it?? including dinasaurs?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
o i mess up on my last post, where the guys paragraph starts gettin ridiculed is where i come in. I'd first off like to say Nygdan is the man/girl im not sure. Now id like to say the there is little if any evidence to prove god created the dinsaurs or that god even exists. It seems like your whole logic behind the fact god created dinosaurs is based The bible which was written in a time when disease was thought to be caused by punishment from god and by people who were are followers of a man that there is limited proof is the son of god.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Most people though that believe in Evolution use it for a case against the existance of God or don't need Him.

I have practically never seen anyone use it in that way, and certainly no scientists are using it in that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I have practically never seen anyone use it in that way, and certainly no scientists are using it in that way.

well dont people use god for a case agaisnt evolution.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
GOD DIDN'T MAKE DINOSAURS!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bear:
"Well don't people use God for a case against evolution."

Perhaps, I've seen both sides of the argument Creationism (not really a science) vs Evolution. You already know where I stand on this.

Nyg:
You'd be surprised of the amount of people who do. It mostly comes from the atheist sector of scientists.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I, nor anyone else here that I noticed, ever said that because evolution is true then there must be no god, I don't know where you got that from or why you reacted that way. Science isn't about proving or disproving god's existence or anything else about any diety.

(no offense to cear or anyone else is intended in this post)

Many Creationists think that anytime someone brings up evolution they're trying to either disprove god or disprove evolution.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where, and it may even have been a dream or something, but I think it's true, to some level...) that scientific studies were utilized by the church to help explain how god did things, or something. (they called it "Keeping Up Appearances")

I personally think science isn't about disproving deities; it's rather about eliminating the need for deity myths, or possibly for explaining how and why deities do things.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Will I have not posted on this site in awhile but, I agree with rosebeforetime in this matter.

I have just finished for the most part a study covering this topic.
Here are most of the notes for it.

Genesis denotes to us that "There were GIANTS in the earth in those days."

Job chapter 40 15-24 is a description of an enormous land animal exactly what man discovered thousands of years later through archeology and paleontology. *I think*

Remember, the term dinosaur was not invented until 1841, I believe.
The bible states " Behold now behemoth (land animal of monstrous size)... his strength is in his loins.... he moveth his tail like cedar (tree trunk) his bones are as strong as pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. Surely the mountains bring him forth food (humongous appetite) behold, he drinketh up a river (enormous drinking capacity)...HIS NOSE PIERCETH THROUGH SNARES"[/B] (speaks of a large horn like creature- perhaps a Triceratops).

This is an ancient description of a humongous Reptilian Creature of monstrous size and power.
Also, in 41st book of Job and the 27th book of Isaiah I think

It descibes an enormous sea creature called Leviathan. The bible also give us one possible reason for their disappearance, "...thou brakest the heads of the dragons (medieval term for a dinosaur)....thou brakest the heads of leviathan... and gavest him to be Meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness" Psalm 74:13,14.

Apparently many were hunted to instinction.

Remember, the bible was made for us to know about God and his mercy on such a corrupt world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join