It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dinosaurs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nyg,
Evidence is all around you, open your eyes and see.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Evidence is all around you, open your eyes and see

One could use this argument to counter your argument as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I asked the same question in another thread. My belief is that the reason dinosaurs are not mentioned in the Bible is because the Bible was simply inspired by man, and man had no idea that dinosaurs existed back then. If it truly were inspired by God, you think he would have jumped at the chance to mention something not readily known at the time, so as to prove that the Bible was truly His word.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses guys, thanks for the private messages too. You are covering alot of the issues I had been wondering about. Please keep the ideas and opinions flowing.

So far, this is my opinion;

I am not convinced that Dinosaurs were the creation of "God". If God/s have had an influence on this planet, he/she/it/they/God/Gods have only influenced Human creation/evolution.

My opinion is something that can change.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well, that's not quite right. If there is a God, it's logical to assume he created them, much the same way he created the Earth, the universe, and humans.

Since you mentioned the Bible, I think it's safe to say that you have come to the conclusion that the Christian God did not create the dinosaurs -- or at least he felt no need to make mention of them in 'his' Bible, even though they have lived on this earth far longer than humans have (unless I'm wrong).

Now that's probably a more logical conclusion. As I've said before, if there is a God -- and there very may well be -- none of these man-made religions is a true representation of who he is, or what he wants. So just because the Bible does not really say that the Christian God invented the dinosaurs, it doesn't mean the true God didn't create them just like he created us, ya know?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Evidence is all around you, open your eyes and see.

How is everything anymore evidence that the god of the bible created everything over say Brahma, or Ouranos, or the famed 'Invisible Pink Unicorn'? Heck, how is the fact that stuff exists evidence that any god created it?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here; I personally don't believe in God or the bible or any such thing, but I have a couple of arguments for where dinosaurs came from if God does exist, that I personally think are fairly coherent.

Firstly, perhaps a whole lot of weird time passed while Adam and Eve sat around in the garden of Eden; they couldn't age there, right? Well, because they couldn't age, maybe they weren't exactly sensing time in the traditional sense, and God didn't really feel like telling them about it. So maybe millions upon millions of years passed outside the Garden.

Or, taking the Gnostic idea, maybe the Christian God isn't really the creator, just a super powerful being who thinks he is. Maybe he didn't tell the Genesis people about dinosaurs because he didn't know about them himself.

But, personally, I think it's all a big work of fiction, and dinosaurs weren't mentioned because no one knew about them.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nyg,
They are all false 'gods" you spoke of. There is only one God, and Jesus is His only Son. Its called faith. Clearly what a lot of you people lack around here.

Its like throwing a bunch of car parts in the air and then it lands to be a perfect car from the parts, it doesn't happen without guidance. Same as creation itself.

[edit on 10-22-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall

Its called faith. Clearly what a lot of you people lack around here.

[edit on 10-22-2004 by Cearbhall]

I disagree, I think everyone here has Faith, just faith in slightly different things.

Back to Dinosaurs Cearbhall?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
all im saying is that every scientist and evolutionist harps on about their religion as if it is FACT, which it IS NOT...it is a BELIEF system like ANY OTHER!

has anyone even tried to study the FORCE AND POWER of a flood that would COVER THE ENTIRE WORLD IN 40 DAYS??? now lets think about this people and if you HATE the idea of God then please piss off now early...thank you.

lets think here....tons and tons and tons of water falling from the sky, maybe it was not just clouds bringing the rain maybe it was ANOTHER ATMOSPHERE??? anyother LAYER of sky that crashed on the earth ??? then BARE IN MIND what the bible says about the water from teh DEPTHS..from DEEP within the earth.....OCEANS of water came up from the EARTH people, wouldnt the FORCE of that cause some form of fossilization???

finally...NEWS FLASH people....the bible says SATAN (the deceiver of every man who has every lived,minus JESUS!, and the one entity that has caused THE DEATH OF EVERY LIVING PERSON FROM THE DAWN OF TIME) is called the God of the earth , the ruler of this dark age....so whats going to be the most popular mind frame brainwashed into us from the age that we could crawl?? "you are a God!!" "you EVOLVED!!!!" "there is no God....look at the cavemen and the dinasaurs wheres that in the bible!!!" ..get the point??? the whole world WALKS IN DARKNESS IN LIES and is PERISHING PEOPLE!!! the world around you is DYING!!! So sure Satan has no problem with you believing a LIE...he is THE FATHER OF LIES!!! thats why we are all taught LIES in school about where we CAME FROM...about the HISTORY of man...about God etc.

One thing to remeber in the bible....read a part of revelations...the context is JESUS CHRIST speaking to one of HIS churchs , he says simply he WILL NOT burden that church will the DEPTHS of SATAN. the DEPTHS of his LIES. the depths of pure DARKNESS...have you ever been lied to??? have you ever been in a situation where more than 4 people are lying ??? maybe in a situation where a whole group of people are believing a lie?? thats a micro version of the world, the world has been lied to from the beginning.
the world itself is ONE BIG LIE it is the FRUIT of ONE SEED of evil SATAN planted in the first people thousands of years ago. what happens when you plant a seed??? stuff grows....like jesus said at the end of time things get reaped...like in a season...nothing grows forever it has to be harvested

the amazing thing is that even whats happening today is not new, its happen before..the very context of this thread is about dinasaurs but I raised the idea of the flood....the flood happened...God WIPED out the HUMAN RACE except for NOAH and his family. you think thats crazy?? think again that happened, and the generation that drowned and was fossilised under the rock and stone of the earth is again here in this age, it was even compared by the messiah in the bible! "as it was in the days of noah so will it be in the days of the coming of the son of man"

[edit on 22-10-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Truth, dude, calm down. Work on your capitalization and coherence, and especially your evidence. You're just providing statements and giving no proof except vague references to bits of a book that also has no proof behind it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
that was my mid night rant!

there is actually ample proof , but its the nature of the whole situation, you need to ask God to open your eyes ...otherwise your carnal mind will always push for ways NOT to believe.

thats the whole thing, that its God who 1)saves you 2) redeems you 3)delivers you AND 4) keeps you saved...HE actually does E V E R Y T H I N G for you but if you dont let him you stay blind in darkness and continue believing the lies of the world. it may not make sense, but what i am saying is in the bible, the basic principle of salvation through grace by faith. but the bible also says we all have a choice, so you can choose to not believe and follow God.....it even says that the preaching of the cross of christ is foolishness to those who are perishing. again you ll think im just using a book thats got no proof etc etc, but does that deny the truth of it?? and its harsh stuff, people who dont believe are actually perishing, dying eternal deaths.

maybe its the idea of having to submit your will, the fear of not being free that makes so many people not believe ??? i dunno but the truth is that the whole world is upside down and the wrong way around! people think that freedom comes only through rebellion, being your own god etc but theres no true peace or freedom in it at all! I guess you have to lose your life to find it! if you hold on to your life you'll lose it!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Did a God/Gods greate the Dinosaurs? If so are they mentioned in any religous scriptures? What was the reason for their creation? Do any scriptures claim a God/s wipe out the Dinosaurs? If so why?

If they are not mentioned in any writings, why not?

Thanks guys.

In the book of Job 40:15-24 it says "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, his ribs like bars of iron. He is the first of the ways of God; only He who made him can bring near His sword. Surely the mountains yield food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there. He lies under the lotus trees, in a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; the willows by the brook surround him. Indeed the river may rage, yet he is not disturbed; he is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, though he takes it in his eyes, or one pierces his nose with a snare."

Some people think that the behemoth may be an elephant or a hippo. An elephant doesn't live in a marsh and neither animal has a tail like a cedar tree. The description fits that of a sauropod dinosaur like Brachiosaurus.

The word dinosaur was made up in 1842, so before that people would of used other words for dinosaurs.

E_T

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
If the bible is coherent, then wouldnt that mean humans and dino's lived at the same time???....I find that a little hard to beleive, considering there is no such evidence of this happening. WE wouldnt be at the top of the food chain at the time, would we???...
In that food chain man would be in dino's belly.

Remember that in dinosaurs' era biggest mammals (or other land creatures) where like rats, small enough that they could hide easily because otherwise they would have become snack fast.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
If so are they mentioned in any religous scriptures?...Do any scriptures claim a God/s wipe out the Dinosaurs? If so why?

If they are not mentioned in any writings, why not?

It may stand to reason that since the Bible was written for humans and about humans...it would only include things relevant to HUMANS. If an all superior being wanted to preserve a message for some biological entities it would only make sense that it make a book relevant to only that species. If the Bible droned on an on about Earths creation, covering each time span since the earth was created, the "human section" would be little of nothing since all of human history takes up less than .0001% of the total timespan of the universe. Maybe that is the reason that "creation" was mentioned only briefly in Genesis. If "it" wanted to tell history for dinosaurs, aliens, fruit flies, etc. it would be reasonable that it would only give the history of those species, and that anything else would be irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Jazzerman:

That's one of the most convincing arguments in favor of the bible I've seen in a long time. Good work ^.^

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
maybe its the idea of having to submit your will, the fear of not being free that makes so many people not believe ???

I personally think that it's the idea of being in complete control of yourself, the fear of being free, of having to choose things for yourself, is why people do believe. No offense.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Jazzerman:

That's one of the most convincing arguments in favor of the bible I've seen in a long time. Good work ^.^

Thank you very much

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My views aside (I believe in evolution, and I'm a Pagan and such) there are some refrences that could be interpreted as speaking about dinosaurs.

A site you may find interesting is www.drdino.com it's a site by a guy named Dr. Hovinds. The guy is a very very fundamentalist Christian, and he's a bit off in the head, but he really is intent on proving that dinosaurs existed before the flood... whatever...

I think he's a Christian Scientist, or something close to it, from reading his site, but it's fun, if you want to learn about what some Christians think regarding the issue of dinosaurs, rapid fossilization (complete BS acording to some of my geologist friends) and the flood.

The site would be funny if this were not what someone with a PhD actually believed and toured the United States trying to convince people of through lectures.

Anyways
May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Did anyone else find that link odd...LOL did you read any of it!?

Did you know that dinosaur bones that are carbon dated give dates of only a few thousand years old? - Not millions like evolutionists claim.

The amazing thing is there is no evidence to support the belief that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. In fact, the physical evidence contradicts this very idea (contrary to what you may have been told, dinosaur bones are NOT carbon dated. They are "assigned" an age based on how old someone thinks they are, based upon the geologic column).

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My dear dear lord, those Angelfire sites are disturbing:

Quote:
Before reading any further, ask yourself why it is that you ask this question.

Is it because you see a conflict between the clear teachings of Scripture, with what those who believe in Evolution teach?

As Christians we must learn to treat God�s word as the source of absolute truth and authority. To answer questions about dinosaurs and Creation, we must start our thinking with the Bible, and from there find the answers. If we trust the Bible as true, and accept theories compatible with scripture we will never have a problem.
:End Quote

Let's all be good little automoton droids and follow exactly what the bible says!

ARGH THAT IS DISTURBING!

These people are horrible for teaching this to children!

I was brought up in the tradition of the Jesuits, and ANY Jesuit reading that would begin banging his head into his study table. As the priest began every sermon: "Only through questioning can we truly understand God." It is from them that I began learning about religion, through question and doubt.

I for one, do not follow blind faith unquestioningly! To do so, I believe, is very dangerous and can lead to much destruction. Please, thirst for knowing, question everything, and learn more!

May Peace, And Reason, Follow With You
~Astral

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join