It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse : Derren Brown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Anyone in the UK see this show?

Derren has set up a whole fake meteorite strike scenario on Britain for one unsuspecting member of the public. He is seemingly convinced that the world as we once knew it has gone and infected zombies are all around.

Perhaps ironically a good part of it was filmed at the old Bentwaters USAF base where something odd is alleged to have happened back in 1980.

The whole thing appears to be a set up for entertainment purposes only with the "victim" certainly not giving an Oscar winning performance.
edit on 26/10/12 by mirageman because: Tune changed

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

i just finished watching the first part and i thought it was pretty good ,but would'nt want to be him mind
i would of hit one of the zombies
edit on 26-10-2012 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Entertaining YES

But it really is a total fake.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think Derren is great but I agree I'm not sure if i believe 'Steven' wasn't acting too,
if he is he's certainly better than that girl

So harsh that everyone's agreed to set him up though if it's real haha It would mess me up

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah I don't buy it... everyone was acting, even Steven.

Interesting idea.... shame it's obviously fake.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It was all just a bit OTT. The whole zombie thing was not necessary, the acting was pretty poor. I just think I would have sussed it out. Bit disappointed really

edit on 26-10-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't really think he is 'acting' in the sense that he knew it would happen etc....

I think that in extraordinary circumstances, we draw on any experience we can. In this scenario all he has to draw on is films.

He is responding in the way he has seen on screen. I think most of us would do similar because tv is the closest thing we have to recollect from.

I really feel for the guy... I think he may have nightmares about this when it's over.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the program was immense!

cant believe i have to wait a whole week to see the next episode.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This proramme was amazing. fake or not the guy totally deserved this. He was a so childish. This girl actor is pretty bad, the could have found someone better! really good programme though.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And i thought it was just me who thought it was a bit "iffy". It was so obviously acted, steve sounded fake, the kid sounded fake. I dont understand why derren would not make this a genuine event. He did it with "hero at 30.000 feet" so why not this? im puzzled.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Personally I thought it good in the context of showing us what and how we can be trapped and manipulated by the media around us.. anyone doubting their power only has to look at a sexed up dossier.

I was talking to others on this, and it was interesting to see how they inserted false news to create a new reality, in terms the BBC did the same during WW2 when it used similar insertion techniques to infiltrate and mimic German radio stations broadcasting false reports so well that both the Germans and British radio stations ending up accusing each other of being the fake.. like some kind of bizzare Monty Python script

Still, interesting to see how they could in theory manipulate us, and we'd never know.. we touch on websites we trust and we'd never know they where tampered with or that we where being fed false information not being fed to anyone else.. such selective targeting is interesting.. and in turn scary.

I shall be watching the next one to see if any more things come up that are of interest..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
I don't really think he is 'acting' in the sense that he knew it would happen etc....

I think that in extraordinary circumstances, we draw on any experience we can. In this scenario all he has to draw on is films.

He is responding in the way he has seen on screen. I think most of us would do similar because tv is the closest thing we have to recollect from.

I really feel for the guy... I think he may have nightmares about this when it's over.

Ive just been watching it again. I think theres more to this than meets the eye. Yes, it sounds fake, it sounds acted, and Derren's a trickster, he knows we know it sounds fake, of course he does. But why has he done it, thats the question?
As someone else said, is he trolling us? if he is, then its a lame troll.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Personally my thoughts run to asking why is he showing us how easy it is for us to be scammed in to believing whatever lies we are told.. maybe the acting is crap, and it all staged, but even that has an agenda..

while the simple truth still stands that they show us how easy it is to scam us once someone has control of our media sources, sources which it seems we rely and lean on far to much for answers..

and in turn that leaves too many scary thoughts for my liking, and the question on my lips, why are they bothering to show us how the smoke and mirrors are used to manipulate us?

and in turn I can not help but feel manipulated by being show how they can manipulate us..

edit on 27/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just watched it again and I do not think he is acting at all, the part where he is watching the broadcast you can tell he is # scared, his breathing tells it all.
If any of us was filmed people would say we were acting etc.
Good show though and I hope it doesn't feck him up for real.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whatever the outcome the show is doing what it is meant to do and entertain people whilst Stephen continues on his journey down the Yellow Brick Road.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Yup I just hope he doesn't smash an actors face in with a hammer or something lol.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I hadn't though of that..maybe Derren's helping us? He's an intelligent man perhaps he recognizes how manipulated we are in real life and he's slyly planting this to get us to wake up

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hmm

Apparently he may be an actor. Also check that video, it shows water bottles that disappear.

Check this: derrenbrownexposed.wordpress.com...

E.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ephio

Oh bugger
I hate him now

Not gonna watch the next one if its all an act.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy91
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I hadn't though of that..maybe Derren's helping us? He's an intelligent man perhaps he recognizes how manipulated we are in real life and he's slyly planting this to get us to wake up

I'm not sure to be honest... but however real of fake this is, it still demonstrates how easy we are to manipulate when someone/group has control of all our media sources, whether that is being done to imprint a degree of mistrust on our subconscious I have no idea..

But it is certainly making me think, and the whole show is about how they can manipulate the test subject, which could as much be us as those taking part in the show.

I'll be watching just to see what other tricks they show lie up their sleeves, and to see what other conspiracies they touch on.. e.g it is intriguing how they chose Red and Blue bands given the supposed significance of Red and Blue lists in conspiracy circles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join