It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 GREAT sites to see the stars!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
These are 2 sites I love to use. One is a place to see daily star patterns or coming events in our sky view. The other is a simulation that allows you to see past, present and future astronomy from anywhere on this planet, from their perspective.

The 1st is:

earthsky.org...

The 2nd is:

stellarium.org

I have used both daily. Try them out. The stellarium program is a lot of fun. I have gone to many different parts of the world to see what they see. I have gone to different years and dates to see what our ancestors saw.

Have fun!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Great sites. I have not had any luck trying to find a website that show a living streaming view of the night sky, other then some local weather sites.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I think they want to make sure they can keep people from identifying certain things.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.heavens-above.com... shows a sky chart, but also the ISS and satellite flyover times, Iridium flares, and information about comets.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by ascension211

I have not had any luck trying to find a website that show a living streaming view of the night sky, other then some local weather sites.

Your prayers are answered:
www.nightskiesnetwork.com...
I'm NGCHunter on there as well.
Some very sensitive all-sky cameras:
www.itelescope.net...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by VeniVidi

I think they want to make sure they can keep people from identifying certain things.

See above. There are many, many amateur astronomers who broadcast on night skies network from all over the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I was certain there were, I was being cute. Thanks for passing along the valuable info.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Thanks ! Will check these sites out..

join