It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

www.foxnews.com

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Three requests for help denied by CIA chain of command?
What's going on? A false flag attak? For what? There is an hidden war inside the US Secret Services?

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com (visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Do you have any other sources besides Fox News? Might as well quote the Onion.

Also this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/26/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry. thread alredy exist.
Mods. delete please.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

See i knew the CIA was part of this day one however, these officers were willing to help their fellow Americans and was denied!

I think there is more to the story, Either the American Ambassador did something that was against his orders, refusal to participate into something or something was about to get leaked and therefor he and staff was killed to prevent whatever it was suppose to get out.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

We allow a breaking news story to run along with a general news forum.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If Obama & Panetta watched this in real time as reported & did nothing.

A cold place is reserved you...a picture is worth a 1,000 words many times over!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Guess there were a few undesirables in the area the CIA wanted to do away with... Libyan Rebels MY ASS! In the end I'm willing to wager that whomever the CIA's target(s) were, they are now very dead...

More than a few senior agents are gettin' blacklisted over this I guarantee it!
edit on 27-10-2012 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

How does it feel to be the emperor with your new clothes? Just because your state run media sources (CNN, MSNBC, et-al) don't cover it, doesn't make it "The Onion".
Then again, anything that goes against your messiah will be denied. Obama is God. Right?

Your argument gets extremely old. Then again, that's all that hacks have anymore. Don't look back, don't question....just bend FORWARD and prepare to get f******.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh My god !!
!!~!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ugh..

I watched Fox News today for about 20 minutes. It was nothing but a loudmouthed presenter squawking over and over again how Obama was the devil and this was outrageous. It was bloody disgusting and I felt dirty watching it.

They started saying things like
'' If this was Obama's daughter in the consulate, he'd have acted immediately..... ''
'' Obama has no honor, at least no one died in the Watergate scandal...''

... every single 'expert' brought on was 100%, totally against Obama in every aspect possible, and it was made sure there everything 'fox news correspondents' COULDN'T say, these experts would... for example

'' I have it on good authority from my source, Obama was actually watching, real-time the live feed from the drone covering the consulate. ''

and

'' A response team was told to stand down, they ignored this and headed toward the consulate, but were ordered to stand down my officers on 3 occasions ''

None of the FOX NEWS employees can say this, technically its a load of 5hit and legally they can be held accountable. But an expert on the other hand.... but it doesn't have to be true, it just has to be said 'publically' because the history books and the stupid couch potatoes wont question it.

Think about this, a DRONE FEED.. its incredibly difficult to understand the situation on the ground when you have nothing but a mute, black and white, moving image with various degrees of static and pixelation.

There were no heavy weapons, car mounted arty and such. A angry crowd had gathered at its walls for the initial events. Much like what was happening at other embassies as a DIRECT result of that stupid video.

I imagine (being this wasn't a full blown compound) that comms and power would have been running through primitive and local means, so, it would have been easily cut or destroyed. Now you have no idea whats actually happening and if this was able to occur I imagine it would have occurred EARLY, during the initial protest.

So the last thing they probably heard from the 'semi consulate' was that a group of voice-tress youth were throwing rocks and yelling.

I wouldn't want helicopters and drones shooting their way in, we haven't directly been hitting Libyans, imagine if we shoot up a few dozen.. we could potentially inflame massive, violent riots against every AMERICAN in Libya and every embassy around. think about it, a group of youth protesting a video get smashed by a drone strike then 2 black hawks land, shooting a dozen or so as people are evacuated and leave.

I imagine if Obama had of taken that road, you'd have Romney and Fox screaming about the innocents murdered and the damaged relations and how this was a wreck loose president with an itchy trigger finger.

Sorry for the long post, but gawdagnammit the closer the election comes the more deep and stinky the BS is from FOX ... the self proclaimed fair and balanced news outlet.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If Fox News were not reporting this story, digging for details, it would have been completely skipped. No coverage at all. Stop pretending that there is no problem by bashing Fox News. Obama, Hillary, and Rice pushed the story that this was spontaneous protest over a video. We still don't know where that particular story came from. They then pretended they'd always called it terror. Why? Why the disconnect? Why was security cut over the past few months? What was the policy that led to this and where did this policy originate? In Obama's White House, I doubt if Hillary gets to make policy decisions. She just gets to execute them. Why were requests for help from Americans under attack denied? Panetta said they didn't know enough, that there was no plan, that planning takes time. Isn't that what the Pentagon on down is supposed to be doing: planning for various scenarios? What policy led to not needing plans to respond to attacks in the Middle East?

This seems like a very foolish coverup attempt but it does lead me to wonder if there was something else under all this that is even more important to keep from the light of day.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

How does it feel to be the emperor with your new clothes? Just because your state run media sources (CNN, MSNBC, et-al) don't cover it, doesn't make it "The Onion".
Then again, anything that goes against your messiah will be denied. Obama is God. Right?

Your argument gets extremely old. Then again, that's all that hacks have anymore. Don't look back, don't question....just bend FORWARD and prepare to get f******.

Uhh...?

If you have something against me then take it to PMs or a relevant topic. The OP has quoted Faux news, I don't it's too much to ask to want a more credible news source.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Uhh...?

If you have something against me then take it to PMs or a relevant topic. The OP has quoted Faux news, I don't it's too much to ask to want a more credible news source.

Nothing against "you" personally, just against the stance that "if FOX news said, it, it's a lie" nonsense. What's a "credible" news source for you? MSNBC, CNN? Do you really expect them to report anything that goes against "their guy"? Honestly, what news source do YOU find as "credible"?

PM? No, I want your insanity and idiocy played out for everyone to witness. Don't hide behind PM's like you buddy Obama hides behind the White House Press Secretary.

Speaking of ON TOPIC, you had NOTHING to say about the TOPIC rather than criticize the source. So, practice what you preach, Skippy.

As for "Faux", you do realize that's pronounced "Foo", don't you? You sound like a "Fauxl" when you use is. It's really quit childish, but I guess I should expect much more from people who live with blinders on.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

As for "Faux", you do realize that's pronounced "Foo", don't you?

Pronounced more like 'foe' isn't it?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Uhh...?

Nothing against "you" personally, just against the stance that "if FOX news said, it, it's a lie" nonsense. What's a "credible" news source for you? MSNBC, CNN? Do you really expect them to report anything that goes against "their guy"? Honestly, what news source do YOU find as "credible"?

PM? No, I want your insanity and idiocy played out for everyone to witness. Don't hide behind PM's like you buddy Obama hides behind the White House Press Secretary.

Speaking of ON TOPIC, you had NOTHING to say about the TOPIC rather than criticize the source. So, practice what you preach, Skippy.

As for "Faux", you do realize that's pronounced "Foo", don't you? You sound like a "Fauxl" when you use is. It's really quit childish, but I guess I should expect much more from people who live with blinders on.

My "buddy" Obama? First of all, I hate Obama, and Romney. They are puppets.

Faux News is just a common phrase people use around the net. I wouldn't expect someone with no sense of humor to get it.

There is definitely something fishy going on with the Benghazi attack, but if you care that much about my opinion you can check out the preexisting topic which I have already provided the link for.

You should seek to understand before you criticize.

edit on 10/29/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

My "buddy" Obama? First of all, I hate Obama, and Romney. They are puppets.

Fair enough. I don't care for either on, but will vote Romney, since Ron Paul wasn't the nominee. I'd vote for Satan over Obama, as Satan just wants my soul.

Faux News is just a common phrase people use around the net. I wouldn't expect someone with no sense of humor to get it.

I get that. I still think it's lame. It's as foolish as people calling Obama, Osama. Just my opinion

There is definitely something fishy going on with the Benghazi attack, but if you care that much about my opinion you can check out the preexisting topic which I have already provided the link for.

Fair enough.

You should seek to understand before you criticize.

I stand corrected. I jumped on you prematurely. My bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So, I guess the Fox News story was a deliberate attempt to smear Obama. I don't know why anyone would believe anything coming out of that network. All the Obama-haters should keep something in mind: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

(Reuters) - CIA officials on the ground in Libya dispatched security forces to the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi within 25 minutes and made other key decisions about how to respond to the waves of attacks on U.S. installations on September 11, a senior American intelligence official said on Thursday.

Officials in Washington monitored events through message traffic and a hovering U.S. military drone but did not interfere with or reject requests for help from officials in the line of fire, the official said.

The information emerged as officials made available on Thursday a timeline chronicling the U.S. response to the Benghazi attacks in which Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other American officials died. The material appears to refute claims by critics that officials in Washington delayed sending help to the besieged personnel.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

damn bloody right,
you could feel it when Fox News was parroting the same BS.

This article needs its own thread to counter all the Fox fed propaganda BS that people seem to be thriving on.

new topics

top topics

join