It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fast Boat to China: How U.S. Companies Are Navigating the Marketing Waters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My gut feeling is that we are being "bled dry" by the huge corporations that are now all set up to score big rewards in China. One more market collapse and we are done for. I cannot even imagine how much capitol has been removed from North America and "injected" into forein countries.

They got rich by buying cheaper crap made in China and selling it for huge profit to us tools in North America. Now that we are running out of money they are ready to make even more money off the 1 billion plus potential customers in China and elsewhere.

In response to the question, “Which international market is your highest revenue growth,” 21.5% of CMOs responded with China. This is up from 16% reported just six months ago (The CMO Survey, February-2012). In response to the follow-up question, “Considering this international market, by what percent did your sales revenue increase in the last 12 months,” CMOs reported a whopping 51.5% increase! Here is a list of some of the strategies that seem to be paying off when selling to and in China.

www.forbes.com...

Of the 960,000 millionaires, 60,000 have been identified as China's “super rich” with assets valued at RMB 100 million or more, up nine percent from 2010.

Beijing boasts the top spot with just over 10,000 “super rich” residents, followed by Guangdong Province with 9,000 and Shanghai municipality with 7,800.

So who is the typical Chinese millionaire? While those with the hefty bank accounts in other countries tend to err on the side of gray hairs, this is not the case in China as the average Chinese millionaire is 39 years old -- 15 years younger than people in similar wealth brackets in the West -- and they live in Eastern China.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

the Chinese don't earn the wages yet to buy the things they make. that is becoming a real problem there. even Henry Ford wanted his employees to be able to afford a model T.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow I am surprised that this topic appears to be meaningless

The BIGGEST problem with North America has been the constant flux of Chinese made crap getting dropped on us and the lack of jobs at home.

Take a look at where all your money goes, where are the products or parts of the whole product being produced?

Where are the big companies sending your hard earned money?

Ever wonder where the "head office" of all the mega corporations are located? Are the big wigs getting taxed accordingly?

WE have the power to change things, WE vote with our wallets!

Am I wasting my time or does anybody else get it?

join