It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Above Top Secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have been a long time observer of this lovely site. After making my first official post I noticed something that was not fully possible for me to see from my former limited observer perspective. READ THE ACTUAL POST you decide to reply back in.

Some people actually take the TIME and EFFORT needed to articulate a point they are trying to make. It takes effort to share certain perspectives one wishes to share with community here. I could give a hoot whether you star or flag my post! What I do expect is you read the words I have done my very best to present to you in an entertaining and informative way.

After "I" have presented 3 full pages of text for my "self" and your "self" to possibly learn something new about this game we all play here on planet earth, and "you" come in with a reply that proves you have completely missed the point of the entire message (or did not even read it all to begin with), I find to be disrespectful to those of "us" here that make thorough and thought provoking posts.

If you "feel" attacked by the the posters content, take the time to actually read the authors words with an open mind before you respond with "anger". Maybe "you" have missed something within those words!

If you begin reading a post that is MORE than a YouTube video with three sentences of the authors, do NOT respond unless you have taken the TIME to read what is found within those pages!

If you (for whatever reason) are feeling lazy and do not wish to read something with substance, skip over it to a post that more fits your mood.

By responding (whether from feeling attacked or just didn't feel like reading all those words) all you have done is further perpetuated the ignorance "we" claim to deny.

Thank "you" for reading ATS.

Much Love to you, from my "self" to your "self"

edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

What you talkin' about Willis?

Just kidding. I read your post.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

Just want to be clear here. People write enormously long posts and then get upset that people don't read it before responding?

Doesn't this tell the long-winded that they need to learn how to edit their words down to 2 or 3 small paragraphs (People work and come here for entertainment. This isn't school)?

If people want to create long posts, why aren't they doing it in a blog? More to the point, why are they doing it here? Are they trying to prove how smart they are? Do they think they're going to impart vast amounts of knowledge on 'the little dumb people'?

They don't have to worry about me not reading their book-in-a-single-post threads. If a post takes up more than four inches on my screen, I move along to those members who just want to chat.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Totally get your what your saying and I'm sure we can all agree with this, however, many of us are accused of not reading through an opening post when we did read through it and just didn't agree with the op. These op 's get all bent out of shape and offended. Stuff like " you obviously never read my post and I can tell you didn't even try my meditation technique"... .

If you're going to start a thread on anything you should be prepared to find those who won't agree and challenge your post. Otherwise why are you in a debate forum? Why should I have to pretend its all good if it isn't? Afterall if I took time to reply to that persons thread, I have to take the chance my post won't be received well, why shouldn't the op?

It has nothing to do with posts not being read in full, although that happens, but for the most part this simply isn't true.

It is true about the YouTube videos though. Some woman flushes her toilet and claims its a pole shift. Come on now.

edit on 26-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree. If you're going to be long-winded, at least be engaging. It just might be the case that you are boring people to death and not anywhere as interesting as you think you are. "Brevity is the soul of wit"--Shakespeare, but you knew that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This thread is about me.

Because I responded to a thread he created in conspiracy forum. You're assuming I didn't read your posts because I didn't agree with you, and, in fact, posted an alternative viewpoint. You're wrong.

Just because YOU feel YOU have made a clear concise point, it doesn't mean that YOU did. I don't doubt that it's clear in your mind that your comments were clear concise well thought and and entirely yours. Everybody thinks their own view is the correct view and often can't see the point others are trying to make, its the way you're reacting to it that is overblown.

You also seemed to become aggitated that people were responding to your thread at all, and "breaking up" your flow, etc. You spent a great deal of time trashing me, telling me that I was stupid/ignorant/ and didn't read your posts, and even that didn't satisfhy you, so you sought assurance from others, and then came here to rant futher about "my" ignorance. You also faulted me for not having done a search on your other posts on this forum and implied I was remiss in not doing a background check on you. Clearly you didn't get my point either.
"
The fact that you were so bothered by my viewpoint that you then declared that "your thread had been ruined and you were no longer going to post ( in essence, going to take your ball and go home) because "I" had somehow ruined the thread by using "emotion", and then announced you were going to come here instead and rant about me. ..is quite telling IMHO.

I would suggest that if you want to simply write a paper on what you think, without anyone "breaking up your flow" disagreeing or making alternate points, that you do so on a blog or somewhere other than a forum. Otherwise you're likely going to be spending a lot of time fretting, writing multiple rude retorts and long rants about all the little niggling things that seem to bother you and you alone.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Totally get your what your saying and I'm sure we can all agree with this, however, many of us are accused of not reading through an opening post when we did read through it and just didn't agree with the op. These op 's get all bent out of shape and offended. Stuff like " you obviously never read my post and I can tell you didn't even try my meditation technique"... .

If you're going to start a thread on anything you should be prepared to find those who won't agree and challenge your post. Otherwise why are you in a debate forum? Why should I have to pretend its all good if it isn't? Afterall if I took time to reply to that persons thread, I have to take the chance my post won't be received well, why shouldn't the op?

It has nothing to do with posts not being read in full, although that happens, but for the most part this simply isn't true.

It is true about the YouTube videos though. Some woman flushes her toilet and claims its a pole shift. Come on now.

edit on 26-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

You have not understood my intentions behind posting this thread. I do however "feel" your frustration and I sympathize.

I humbly could care less if you like anything I post.

I say that while extending as much respect towards any ONE who "feels" that way after reading my rant here. Again that was not the intention in the least and I hope "you" can see that.

I just simply ask if you do happen to run into a thread that calls an apple an orange in the first half of the post, to NOT come in and reply calling that orange an apple. It shows you did not even read the post and yet felt it necessary to chime in with something irrelevant. Only derailing the thread or "corrupting" the message.

If this post did strike up emotions of that nature inside of "you" perhaps you should question as to why.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing in my rant thread though.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

I do not wish to engage with you on this matter. You called me a "doomsday" poster when that could not be further from the truth. You then claimed to be talking about a "Dr" that did the research in an attempt at back peddling.

Thank you however for proving my point, lesson learned.

I truly wish you the best and please let go of these emotions you are feeling for the both of us.

I feel much better, I hope that feeling extends to you.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If people want to create long posts, why aren't they doing it in a blog? More to the point, why are they doing it here? Are they trying to prove how smart they are? Do they think they're going to impart vast amounts of knowledge on 'the little dumb people'?

If you feel someone is calling you dumb by them extending an offer to share information about something they found to be interesting, I AM sorry to hear that.

Thank you for stopping in to share your opinion on this matter however.

Best wishes, take care.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I agree. If you're going to be long-winded, at least be engaging. It just might be the case that you are boring people to death and not anywhere as interesting as you think you are. "Brevity is the soul of wit"--Shakespeare, but you knew that.

Actually I did not know that, thank you for sharing.

I do my best to be engaging with anything I post, if something I write does not meet your expected standards I AM sorry to hear that. Take care.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

writing multiple rude retorts and long rants about all the little niggling things that seem to bother you and you alone.

I find it interesting you found my post here, even more considering you could have left my rant that bothered you alone.

Best wishes my friend.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyParadoxicalSelf

writing multiple rude retorts and long rants about all the little niggling things that seem to bother you and you alone.

I find it interesting you found my post here, even more considering you could have left my rant that bothered you alone.

Best wishes my friend.

Perhaps the fact that you posted that you were going to march over to the rant forum and make a thread about your issues with me, led me here.....you think?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You are right. Thank you for teaching me a lesson. Seriously that was not sarcasm.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

But we get 5000 characters per post!

How could you dare suggest that we not use all those characters?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I admit I'm long winded - but I can't help it! I'm even long winded in person. I never know when to shut up.

I try to always read through a thread before responding. Sometimes the temptation is too strong and I respond prematurely to a specific comment by a poster - but I really do try to read an entire thread before posting. But that's part of the problem. I get interested in a thread, start following links, watching video, taking notes and suddenly - I've five or six points I want to make! I don't see the necessity in making 10 different posts when one will suffice just as well. People are going to read it or not, who cares? At least I had fun assimilating the info and formulating an opinion on it.

Well anyhow. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You also seemed to become aggitated that people were responding to your thread at all, and "breaking up" your flow, etc. You spent a great deal of time trashing me,

Please realize I was agitated because the thread turned into a discussion about cat poop and how clean cats are. I honestly did not care much about that.. The only thing that got to me was when you called me a doomsday poster, as that could not be further from the truth.

If you read back over the exchange "you" and "I" had you will see not once did I attack you or call you ANY names at all. Those emotions are all within you and nothing at all how things really happened. Again if you guys see my threads as me trying to be "creative" or "engaging" or prove my mental fortitude to you that could not be any further from the truth.

You are reacting to something within your "self".

Often I will try to engage my "self" with my posts on here and do so with a self questioning style. If this brings forth those emotions you are describing perhaps you should question why. I was just looking to SHARE with the community I have been observing but never engaged directly.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Because I responded to a thread he created in conspiracy forum. You're assuming I didn't read your posts because I didn't agree with you, and, in fact, posted an alternative viewpoint. You're wrong.

I urge you to go back and read what actually happened. Numerous times in my posts I stated clearly I AM not saying this is TRUTH. I said numerous times this is just one thought. nothing to be "right or wrong" over.
You have reacted emotionally to something that never happened, in only happened in your mind.

You did not provide an alternate viewpoint at all. It only perpetuated the FEAR i was looking to lesson about the "parasite."
edit on 27-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm a bit concerned MPS. We spoke in your thread again yesterday on good terms. Everything was ok. I was fine with the private messages you sent to me. I wrote back, and everything was ok, in fact you said things were great and we both apologized, and you said to feel free to contact you and chat with you anytime, etc....

And today you're coming back to start this all over again?

I'm not being rude when I ask of you're taking meds for your schizophrenia? And I ask that out of concern, not to be rude. Something isn't quite right. Please take care of yourself.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
FORGIVE AND LET IT GO!
edit on 27-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You have mistaken my words here again.. You are seeing this as an "attack" when that was not the intention in the least..

Yesterday we discussed the "ego" very briefly..

My words today were a reference in hopes of letting you see the "ego" = false self in our exchange yesterday.

The "ego" in me as it confronted the "ego in you.

That is the first step "seeing" it.

I do appreciate your concern for my mental health. I however know WHO I AM quite deeply.

I am sorry my words have been misinterpreted again.

I wish you much love.

Namaste my friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join