It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to Father of Former Navy SEAL Killed in Benghazi: ‘Did Your Son Always Have Balls the Si

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve704
reply to post by WeRpeons

"I've always been straight with the American people." -- That right there is a big lie. What about Fast & Furious? What about his sealed public records? What about his hundred of executive orders? And about this attack in Benghazi... Panetta says not enough intel (??). Hilary says she takes responsibility for it (??). Ambassador Stevens requested security personel and was denied it. Emails sent to the WH requesting help were ignored. Orders were issued to not shoot back... He's a lying criminal like the rest of his cabinet.

Whether they agree on a few policies, fine.. i know obama is a snake as do many. Mitt Romney deserves a shot and is the only man at this time in this election to be given one.
Not only do us civilians not trust our own president, but what about the confidence of our troops?

Do you really think they don't feel in harms way after their brothers were left for the slaughter??
edit on 28-10-2012 by steve704 because: Do you really think they are feeling supported by their president?? ((((morale))))

The time for the United States War Machine to come to a stop is now. The world doesn't need us to police them.

I love and appreciate our soldiers who feel like they need to protect us. But they aren't protecting us. They are protecting "US Interests" (read, "Rich American Businessmen").

Neither Obama or Romney are qualified to lead. They are only qualified to follow the orders of money. Perhaps the Benghazi incident will highlight this for our soldiers, and discourage reenlistment?

If ever an army is on our shores, I am there with my 30-30 and sidearm. I am a militiaman in the spirit of 1776. That is all the military our nation needs.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As I was reading this, I had an epiphany. Well, maybe, lol. Do not get me wrong, because what I am about to say is not fact, only a speculative idea that most likely is not true, but I feel that I should say something, as others may want to look in to it. It is my opinion that Romney is going to be much more compliant towards Israel than Obama has been. Can we all agree on that? Especially considering what Romney said while in Israel, and the fact that it was suspected he was getting campaign funding from that country as well.

Considering this attack has come so close to election time, is it possible, even minutely, that Israel's Mossad had something to do with initiating this attack to really hurt the Obama administration? I think it is at least plausible, and should not be ignored, but rather looked into thoroughly. It is my opinion that Mossad had something to do with 9/11, for reasons many others have stated in other threads, and this scenario does make some sense regarding the recent attack.

As far as what this thread is about, I do not know what to say. Can any of this actually be confirmed, like on video or audio? The reason I ask is because a grieving family member is likely going to want to blame someone, and that bias can affect his opinion of those he deems responsible. I think this is quite possible anyway, therefore I ask for confirmation. Also, the program this was aired on has been notorious in the past for saying anything that would hurt Obama, therefore I think my questions and suspicions are fair. This just does not sound like something a politician would do, considering their entire political careers are based with effectively dealing with the people. I am not denying this happened, but I just cannot accept it at face value without additional confirmation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Biden's comment seems more of a compliment to me....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
RE: the title of the thread....I wonder why he is a "former" SEAL. He died in action.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We need to protect our industry. What exactly do you think makes the giant machine known as the United States of America run? Do you think if we left our industry all out to dry that other less scrupulous nations would not take advantage?

Do you think all of these other nations have leaders who are really super sweet???

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The most stable, prosperous, and powerful nations are those that know when to attack and when to stop hemorrhaging more money than a Hilton girl in Cancun spending her daddies money.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Bill Clinton's "Quadrennial Defense Review" was to cut all those middle class Federal Civil Servant jobs and entire military units and replace them with cheapo contracted labor. So money could be freed up to be used abroad to buy people/countries off.

When Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State she did a speech before the Council on Foreign Relations and spilled those beans. As well as said she is doing the same thing to the US State Department. Axing jobs/services like security so money could be used abroad to buy off people/countries.

The Democrats are guilty of murder and Treason. Their actions/tactic led to the deaths in the Benghazi debacle. They watched the whole thing unfold from a drones camera and never even let the military stop it.

They just watched.....rubbing the coins in the pockets together because they KNEW the money in their pockets was from them killing their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader
Do you mean that this whole thread has no basis of discussion?

I tend to believe that even false or questionable OPs, BS etc. has a "basis for discussion" if no other reason than to examine the BS...better examined than blindly consumed. As for this specific OP I consider the evidence "questionable"..but not comfortable calling it outright BS.

What we have is an account solicited by Glenn beck of the father claiming that the President did not "make eye contact" was "disconnected"...uncaring etc. whilst the mother, standing besuide that father described the President and others as "They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss" and saying that recieved hugs and a kiss on the cheek from the President.

It casts significant doubt in the best of circumstances, but even more so given we are days from a presidential election and the source is far right media and Glenn Beck is involved.

Two parents of the same fallen SEAL...two radically different accounts of the same moment by the same paretns. One account, which seems to strain credibility, being exploited for political purposes...yes I have significant doubt.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by jibeho

While Glenn Beck purportedly had a telephone conversation with Tyrone Woods father where he made these remarks....Strange that Tyrone's MOTHER standing beside his father had a very different account of the SAME MEETING...

His recollection of the reception differs sharply from that of Tyrone's mother, who last month took to Facebook to praise the officials who organised the event.

Writing about the repatriation of her son's body, Cheryl Croft Bennett said: 'The entire afternoon was overpowering and unreal.

'Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged, and, yes, even kissed by the President of the United States. Along with the President, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell.

'They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... RlwZEx3

Now back to the grotesque exploitation of a national tragedy and parents grief for political purposes.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

You've mentioned twice that Tyrone's mother was standing right next to her estranged husband yet I can find no evidence of that in connection with her impression of the ceremony vs. what Tryone's father experienced with Biden. Knowing Biden, he probably shook his hand and pulled in close to mutter those now famous words. I doubt it would have been heard by anyone else in the area. I don't know. Mr. Woods said that Biden used a loud and boisterous tone.

Secondly, I in no way consider Mr. Woods' father to be a liar either. The word of an honest and grieving man is strong enough to hold up in a court of law.

I'll keep looking to see if there is any evidence to support that mother and father were standing right next to each other.

" Remember this Mr. President, my son and the others died heroes. And it’s better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward." - Charles Woods

Bottom line... We need answers and the truth.... No more lies and slight of hand and semantics games... Ultimately, the buck stops in the Oval Office

edit on 29-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Checked this out on snopes.com. It is undetermined. In the snopes article you can read both parents side of what happened.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by normajean

I just read that account on Snopes. I've looked high and low for any other accounts and right now it sounds like a personal statement made between the two men. Biden later approached Mr. Woods with this statement. Plenty of unknowns regarding this incident and the timing of it. Here is the exact statement Mr. Woods made during his interview. Based on this the statement could have been made at any time during this event.

He's a retired attorney and judge I'll give him more credibility over Biden any day... He raised a hero of a son!
edit on 29-10-2012 by jibeho because: fixy

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I listen to Beck quite often. The article is correct. Mr. Woods came on the show the next day and verified the article.
Mr Woods stated, he didn't want to make it political,but wanted the truth to come out and didn't want to go back talking about it.
If I recall, Mr. Woods is retired in Hawaii and was a judge(not sure). I have to leave, but I'm sure that discussion can be found on you tube or the Blaze.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by jibeho

An unfortunate death of a service man is used as platform for a politics.

i do not know who is worse the people who allowed this to happen or those who use this to continue to grind their political axe.

Neither is worse since the motivation is Political.

stfu

Its called justice in a case where justice is absent. Its called dereliction of duty in multiple agencies that all roll down hill from the office shaped like an Oval. Its the lies, the half truths, the down right obfuscation, the cover up etc etc and the MSM is complicit. The topic of Benghazi was barely discussed on all of the Sunday political shows. On several occasions when the topic was forced out for discussion, the hosts changed the subject and failed to address the topic... The Story was literally buried in my Sunday paper... Why? considering the overwhelming evidence of lies and coverups.??

If this was Bush and any republican you all would be calling for his/her head on a silver platter right now.

Put the politics aside and seek justice and answers for the grieving families of our 4 dead Americans who died for NO REASON. The left is stonewalling simply to save the political skin of their personal hero, Obama. That is worst of all...

Would you rather have ALL of the facts now or after the election?? IF Obama wins he will be impeached and the rest of his crew on the Goodtime Obama will sink with the ship.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Knowing Biden, he probably shook his hand and pulled in close to mutter those now famous words. I doubt it would have been heard by anyone else in the area. I don't know. Mr. Woods said that Biden used a loud and boisterous tone.

Secondly, I in no way consider Mr. Woods' father to be a liar either. The word of an honest and grieving man is strong enough to hold up in a court of law.

I have not said that Mr. Woods is a lair...but only dramatically conflicts the statements of Tyrone's mother who was also in attendance. Even in your post above...you seem to question the veracity of Mr. Woods claim? Was it mumbled to him where none could hear? Or in a "Loud and Boisterous" manner as Mr. Woods asserts? Yet Tyrone's mother heaped praise on the President, VP and Sec. of State Clinto for thier attention and condolances?

Truth?...Loss of this magnitude is of a measure that we would all be lucky to not to be able to fully imagine it. The death of a child. He is grieving and he is angry and he is entitled to those feelings. Tyrones mother is also entitled to her accounting and feelings.....they should be left alone and Glenn Beck is morally bankrupt to exploit the situation for his idealogical hackery and ratings. That is about the only truths I can distill from what is known.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Its called justice in a case where justice is absent. Its called dereliction of duty in multiple agencies that all roll down hill from the office shaped like an Oval. Its the lies, the half truths, the down right obfuscation, the cover up etc etc

It is an attempt at a lynch mob for political purposes. Your charges are without substance. A political party that is willing to forgoe facts, evidence or investigation...simply because the campaign cycle can't wait for the truth. It is the sick exploitation of American deaths for political purposes. In short is it is everything you rail against absent a campaign.

The administration's policy with Benghazi has been share what you know, when you know it, as long as it does not jeopordize curent operations. The Media's policy...fill in the blanks and call that the truth, compete for ratings. The GOP campaigns policy...fill in the blanks with scenarios that benefit the GOP politically.

Of those policies...the administration's policy seems the most honest thus far. And where the media's story or the GOP's story differs from reality, is not the burden of the CIA or Military...it's not thier job to explain the details of ongoing operations and investigations just so they can create political campaign propaganda.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Those who would question the integrity of Charles Woods ought to be ashamed. Here are a few quotes from an interview he gave the other night. I think this gives us all an excellent idea about the man's moral character and his motives for speaking out about his heroic son's death.

During an interview Charlie Woods explained to Megyn Kelly that his call had no political motivation. He wants answers as to why troops were not dispatched to the Consulate where they could have assisted his son who died in the attack along with 3 others.

Charles Woods to Megyn Kelley:

“This is not about politics … if it were about politics, it would dishonor my son’s death. It’s about honor, integrity and justice,” he said. “This news that he disobeyed his orders does not surprise me. My son was an American hero, and he had the moral strength to do what was right … even if it would have professionally cost him his job, even if it would have cost him his life.”

Amazingly during the interview Mr Woods even forgave those he believes whose actions are responsible for his son's death.

“The reason I’m speaking out right now is that after the facts came out that the White House [...] watched my son and denied his pleas for help, my son violated his orders to protect the lives of at least 30 people,” he said, adding, “He risked his life to be a hero; I wish the leadership in the White House had the same level of moral courage that my son displayed.” “We weren’t a perfect family but we were a normal family. And I would hope that his legacy lives on and would raise up an American generation of American heroes that are strong morally and in every other aspect of the lives. We don’t need another generation of liars.”

International Business Times

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Did you listen to the interview describing the circumstances of Biden's comment and how Biden approached him 30 minutes later apparently after the receiving line... So, you still don't know if his ex wife was standing right next to him like you have asserted twice. You were not there and neither was I.

Regarding the lies and the cover ups and the constant story changing, the internal emails, the personal accounts, the contradictions, the denials, everyday its something new?? Believe what you will... Justice will prevail!! Obama is a liar and most likely watched the live feed with a bowl of popcorn in the situation room as it played out....He knows the truth and so does Hillary... Its in her best interest to cough up that truth if she thinks she even stands a remote chance to run in 2016...

I just hope this NEVER happens again.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

We need to protect our industry. What exactly do you think makes the giant machine known as the United States of America run? Do you think if we left our industry all out to dry that other less scrupulous nations would not take advantage?

Do you think all of these other nations have leaders who are really super sweet???

To protect your industry, you only need to make sure that the industry is not attacked. "Our" industry SHOULD be on our shores, as that is a HUGE part of our current predicament. And, if our industry were on our shores, we would be totally protected. When was the last time foreign soldiers invaded our continent?

You are spreading fallacy, propagating the lies of our Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wake up, whether you like it or not you now live in a global economy. I'm not saying I like it, I am saying it is what it is. You are spouting OWS rhetoric, why?
edit on 29-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Wake up, whether you like it or not you now live in a global economy. I'm not saying I like it, I am saying it is what it is. You are spouting OWS rhetoric, why?
edit on 29-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

No, i am spouting Libertarian ideals.

Why? Because what we have doesn't work. Why keep doing it? Obama promised "change" and people ate it up. Thing is, no one really wants change. if they did, they wouldn't vote for either candidate.

I am a Freedom Fundamentalist. With that knowledge, all else that I have said should now have context.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join