It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to Father of Former Navy SEAL Killed in Benghazi: ‘Did Your Son Always Have Balls the Si

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
What the hell kinda rag is the Blaze? The guy is recalling a conversation...........hearsay!

Not defending Biden, but please, what other source has these comments?

Recalling a conversation is hearsay?

Then i guess every single interview done for print is just pure garbage. And we best throw out the history books.

Hearsay is more like when someone tells you something, then you tell someone else. What you are calling "hearsay" is what most sane people call "eyewitness testimony".

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
People died, Obama lied.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
reply to post by Taiyed

wow! Super negative my friend. We cannot or should never forget those that have given their lives in the service of our country. They deserve the highest of respect from us. If it weren't for them we would be living in a different country. We certainly wouldn't be able to get on the internet and talk about these kinds of things. And there would be no elections, no personal freedom. I worry that Honor, is something we will see less and less of.

Although I think it takes quite alot to do a dangerous job in a foreign country, I think you draw an incredibly tenuous link between 'freedom' in America and American foreign policy in N Africa and the M.E. If anything, America has become decidedly less free the more young men and women we have sent abroad to die in foreign lands. Domestic 'freedom' has been steadily eroded over the past 11 years. The wars we are currently fighting have little or nothing to do with our basic constitutional protections, which were never, until 9/11, under demonstrable threat.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Sissel
What the hell kinda rag is the Blaze? The guy is recalling a conversation...........hearsay!

Not defending Biden, but please, what other source has these comments?

Recalling a conversation is hearsay?

Then i guess every single interview done for print is just pure garbage. And we best throw out the history books.

Hearsay is more like when someone tells you something, then you tell someone else. What you are calling "hearsay" is what most sane people call "eyewitness testimony".

Assuming we're not using the legal definition of hearsay (which we shouldn't be - this isn't a courtroom), I don't really see the difference between a statement relayed by a third-party and an uncorroborated statement made by an individual. We have little or no way of verifying the veracity of the allegations in either case. It would seem in this case that we actually have quite contradictory statements posited by wifey.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My thoughts on why the claim that aircraft weaponry was not used to protect innocent people is rubbish.The ex-seals heard gunfire, requested go to compound were told to "stand down". Gunfire continued for an hour and they made a second request to go to the aid the Ambassador, again they were told to "stand down" an order they disregarded.

Ya think that any innocent bystanders wouldn't have got the heck out of the area after an hour of hearing gun fire?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by duality90

Then like i said, almost everything you have ever read should be taken with a grain of salt. All of "written" history, everything that predates recording technology. Any eyewitness testimony ever entered into a court of law. Any lineup of suspects where someone is pointed out as being "them".

WHat you are basically saying is, "Pics or it didn't happen". This is a troublesome trend. I am not if it is more bothersome because that people find this to be a logical viewpoint, or that they feel like they have to in this time when truth is more "truthy".

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Benghazi had nothing to do with that film. The film was a scapegoat.

You have zero proof to back up that statement.

If you do have 100% proof that the film had absolutely nothing to do with it, please provide it.

Before you post, stop and think, and realize that what you are trying to do is prove a negative. If you know anything about logic, you will not be surprised why I'm not holding my breath for you to come back with proof.

My proof is coming out of the mouths of the muslim who are there and they say they didn't hit Benghazi because of a stupid ass film.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The tragedy in Benghazi meant only a little to me until I accidentally came across some pics of poor Stevens being beaten to death. Try not to look at those photos, friends ugh!! It's very upsetting and you'll never forget them. We need to remember the man and his three guards during memorial day, vet's day and how freedom isn't free. Maybe say a good prayer for their families. What a terrible story. Some people want to stop all aid to Libya and Egypt as a result and seeing those pics makes a person feel that way.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

Benghazi had nothing to do with that film. The film was a scapegoat.

You have zero proof to back up that statement.

If you do have 100% proof that the film had absolutely nothing to do with it, please provide it.

Before you post, stop and think, and realize that what you are trying to do is prove a negative. If you know anything about logic, you will not be surprised why I'm not holding my breath for you to come back with proof.

My proof is coming out of the mouths of the muslim who are there and they say they didn't hit Benghazi because of a stupid ass film.

Then quote them.

Let's see your source.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Someone, crawdad I believe, used the term 'Cognitive Dissonance'. Why did you use that term... it isn't a... common... vocabulary word.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Why is everyone ignoring the mother's recollection of their meeting with the president? As usual, there is more to this story than meets the eye. With all due respect to the deceased, I think we need to dispel any preconceived narratives replaying in our heads and objectively assess the OP's sources in light of the mother's apparently DRASTICALLY different interpretation of the event.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Everyone, please vote Romney.. for everyones sake!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

No! voting for third party at this time will only take away from the ONLY winning shot being Mitt Romney to kick obama out of office.

We all know the the situation is A or B now. obama needs to go, and Mitt deserves a shot. so why not.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

OMG> God help us.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Don't let the facts interfere with the catapulting of the propaganda by Democrats and Republicans.

What consulate in Benghazi?

www.democraticunderground.com...

More than likely all the US has in Libya is a storefront CIA office leftover from ginning up the overthrow and a slew of Blackwater mercenaries protecting their corporate employer's interests in Libyan oil.

The whole story reeks top to bottom.
Neither party wants to tell the public the truth.

(Where do former Navy Seals go to work? I think they get employed by Blackwater or whatever the current name is Xe or Dyncorp and such. Am I right?)

What are they not assigned to do? Guard consulates? Especially ones that don't exist in the first place?

edit on 28-10-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: more info

edit on 28-10-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve704

No! voting for third party at this time will only take away from the ONLY winning shot being Mitt Romney to kick obama out of office.

We all know the the situation is A or B now. obama needs to go, and Mitt deserves a shot. so why not.

This is why the american democratic system is a joke. You are not a statesman when a you insist that voters compromise their own votes by voting for the lesser of two evils. A vote for Obama or Romney are both a vote for to continue to make party run media outlets and strong arm tactics in obtaining republican or democratic nominations. STOP insisting people throw their vote away for four more years of republican or democratic dictatorial reigns.

Obama has been shrouded in secrecy, but if mitt romney is elected nothing will ever be revealed as criminal or not about the Obamaadministration. Much like Obama accusing bush of so many things NOTHING WAS EVER DONE ABOUT IT. Until people stop insisting voters line up to throw their votes in the same bucket year after year it will always be smoking mirrors for the people that actually care about this nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was wondering about that??? Our media, govt always want to make these people out to be uncivilized animals that we need to tame. It truly is disgusting. And we thought news wasnt just propaganda.

I don't believe anything that comes from mainstream media because they are fleecing the sheep, anything they say ends up getting spinned to what the real power hiding in the shadows wants.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by steve704

Mitt is no difference than Obama. He has sided with the same policies as Obama, but has flipped his stance just to satisfy the base of the party during this election. If he does win, I bet 2 to 1 you'll see the same Obama policies carried forward, not to mention an increase of influence from corporations and the rich.

This is the problem. Too many Americans are brainwashed into believing these two parties are your only choice. My vote won't be counted to support a party that is financed by corporations and not the people of this country. "We the people" means just that. Our political parties should be pledging allegiance to the people not special interests and corporations.

Of course either one of these parties will win the election, but at the same time, you're voting for the same policies and corruption everyone here at ATS complains about. The more voters who step outside the box and vote for 3rd party candidates and change their party affiliation, the alarm bell will ring and our political system will be forced to take notice. This isn't something that will happen over night, but the more people who jump on the bandwagon, the better the chance for change.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"I've always been straight with the American people." -- That right there is a big lie. What about Fast & Furious? What about his sealed public records? What about his hundred of executive orders? And about this attack in Benghazi... Panetta says not enough intel (??). Hilary says she takes responsibility for it (??). Ambassador Stevens requested security personel and was denied it. Emails sent to the WH requesting help were ignored. Orders were issued to not shoot back... He's a lying criminal like the rest of his cabinet.

Whether they agree on a few policies, fine.. i know obama is a snake as do many. Mitt Romney deserves a shot and is the only man at this time in this election to be given one.
Not only do us civilians not trust our own president, but what about the confidence of our troops?

Do you really think they don't feel in harms way after their brothers were left for the slaughter??
edit on 28-10-2012 by steve704 because: Do you really think they are feeling supported by their president?? ((((morale))))

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join