It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study shows evidence of a sixth sense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Can we humans "sense" the future? A new study shows that it could be possible Link

Imagine this scenario: A man is playing a video game at work while wearing headphones. He can’t hear his boss coming around the corner, yet he manages to close the game just in time. How did he know? A new study supports the possibility of “presentiment” — the ability to sense the future.

Btw, a few weeks ago i was standing, thinking of taking a nap. A second or so later, my girlfriend said: No, you`re not going to take a nap now

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't think so. It’s simply your brain gathering the data from all your 5 senses and subconsciously determining that something is changing, i.e., about to happen.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Jauk3 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

There is no doubt in my mind that the 6th sense is a real thing,
been living with it my entire life.

Glad science is starting to take a good look at it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Can you please expand on what exactly this sixth sense that you've been living with your whole life is?
edit on 26-10-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would hesitate in calling this “seeing into the future”.

Humans have an inherent ability to sense when someone or something is looking at them. That is sort of a sixth sense. I recall reading an article claiming that this “sixth Sense” was part our primitive selves in avoiding predators.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

Sure, saw auras around people when I was a little kid, had my first premonition at around the age of 10-12, was chastized for lack of a better way to put it by an angel or light being when I was 17, had several premonitions in Jr high and high school. Several while getting a bit older. In my late 20's, early 30's I began to really look at what I was experiencing and fast forward to now, here I am.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I believe there is a lot of truth to that. My 6th sense revolved a lot around avoiding danger as a kid growing up. Knew who to avoid, when to leave a party before it got busted etc etc...kept me out of a lot of trouble.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are your premonitions Accurate? Have you heard about the guy offering a million dollars for proof of seeing into the future? Could really benefit you and your family.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You mean James Randi?
Sure who hasn't?

Would I put myself on the line for a million bucks? Nope, not worth it. I know a lot about James Randi, and I know that he himself has said that even if someone proved it to him, he still would not believe it.
He is not a skeptic, he is a cynic. A big difference between the two.

As to the accuracy of my predictions, for other people it has been rather accurate when I do readings (Which I don't unless spirit dirrects me to someone or I get a flash of insight)

On a global scale, I have not made any global predictions since 1999/2000
Most of those either came to pass the beginning of the next year, or within a few years.

In Jr High I came into school one day and when the principal asked me how I was, I told him I am fine, but the space shuttle will blow up this morning...I got pulled out of class to go into the office and watch after the shuttle blew up, and on my predictions for 2000 I also saw a space shuttle blow up, even said it would be a close call/blow up, which happens a few years later. I found that it is hard to keep wishful thinking out of future predictions though as I was totally wrong about Al Gore. (wishful thinking)
Also predicted a large EQ for BC/WA state that year and they had a very good sized one just following in 2001 I believe. So yeah, I can be rather accurate as long as I keep my own thoughts from tainting what I get.

I quit doing future predictions though because I did not like what I was seeing and all it was doing was serving to get me depressed and into gloom and doom mode.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Can you recall any examples of recent premonitions that were accurate and expand upon them please?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

See post above, I edited it, and it seems to answer your question

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They needed a study to prove this? I could have just told them the sixth sense existed though, of course a study is needed. I'm completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in the left and have been since I was two. From personal experience, my sixth sense gradually increased over the years and had a lot of amazing things that has happened to me because of it. I'm even an empath.

The sixth sense DOES exist and I don't need to read anything about a 'study' to know so. Everyone has it, they just have to tap into it. For some, it's easier then it is for others.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The memory and its thoughts is the 6th sense. It is what makes sense of the senses.

edit on 26-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

Can you recall any examples of recent premonitions that were accurate and expand upon them please?

here is one that has not happened yet, although I painted it at the beginning of the year
Don't know which volcano this is, but so far it seems to be either Mt Rainier or Mt Shasta as far as I can tell.

Several things going on in this psychic painting. I wish I could tell you where this is or what it is, but there are so many meanings here for me personally and also for a global event that I am just kind of watching and waiting.

You have an eruption, and also I suspect that it a meteor hitting the volcano although it could mean a meteor causes a volcano to erupt. Either way, there it is, and yes, I do believe it to be a premonition of the future, in the pacific northwest.

I have a few threads on this painting however, you might want to go to this one:Psychic Artwork
edit on 26-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Appreciation must be given to both for starting such a stimulating area of investigation, Dean Radin in particular.

Precognition Verified ?

Some trivial comments from me ...

I find the wording in abstract and repeated in the last lines curious ....

'.... The cause of this anticipatory activity, which undoubtedly lies within the realm of natural physical processes (as opposed to supernatural or paranormal ones), remains to be determined.....'

How can the cause 'undoubtedly' be a natural physical process,when the cause remains to be determined?

It sounds bit like ... if we call this physical processes, political skeptics might not have a knee-jerk response to this psi effect .. Worth a try?

Certainly the correlations are physical, fair enough ...the phenomenon is not necessarily 'conscious psi' ... fair enough .... but ...

The term 'paranormal' was created to accomodate a real phenomenon, with no current, normal type of theory ....as people were unhappy with the religious term 'supernatural' which means always beyond natural laws or theory in principle.

I just hope parapsychologists don't take this new form of promissary materialism too far. J B Rhine assumed in the 1930s if he could remove ESP from a survival (or psychic mediumship) context materialists would accept the phenomenon .... it didn't work.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Professor Radin chimes in...

Dean Radin Blog

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
An often overlooked sense that is never included in the standard 5 senses is our sense of balance, I like to think of this as a sense of gravity. So, this would have to be our sixth sense and others would be seventh or more.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I appreciate your effort to reply. And I thank you for it. But, unfortunately that's not what I was looking for. Did you have any recent premonitions that have actually come true which you are willing to discuss? As oppose to a premonition that has yet to be fulfilled, like the one provided.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes I did, a couple of weeks ago I had a dream about my stalker,who has not been around since I left for Alaska and came back, a couple of days after I dreamed about her, she showed up ringing my apartment number.

And then, just yesterday, I woke up not remembering what I dreamed, but knew it was a premonition of some kind so I told my wife about it, (as I did with the first dream, I always tell someone so that when it does happen, it is a shared experience) and then my stalker showed up again ringing my door.

Something like that?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I believe in "Gut feeling" it actually saved my life a few times. Its kinda funny that as soon as you get to Iraq you get a briefing and the three speakers all high ranking officers they all said to trust your gut it doesnt lie, if you feel in your gut something or someone isnt right then dont shrug it off.

Cant remember that show but is was on Discovery or Science channel they did a study on 'gut feeling". It was interesting and after their study they said they believed we really have a 6th sense which is the gut feeling. Off course that doesnt prove its real. I think there is senses we have that havent been truly nderstood or proven.

That just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join