It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlusconi's Jail Sentence Reduced to One Year - You couldn't make it up!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Scumbag fraudster Berlusconi, who should be incarcerated indefinitely for his role in Italy's demise, has had his original 4 year sentence reduced to 1 year - get this, wait for it - because of a law passed in 2006 to prevent overcrowding of Italian prisons!

What a load of BS!!!! These NWO cronies are all scratching each other's backs. You just watch - give it five years, or probably less, and good old Berlusconi will be finance minister. YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!! :-D

Italy's media tycoon and former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi was briefly sentenced to four years in prison for tax fraud connected to his Mediaset empire and banned from holding public office for five years by a Milan court.

But the court immediately cut the sentence to one year under an amnesty law approved by the then centre-left government in 2006 to reduce the overcrowding of Italian prisons.

Berlusconi, 76, is considered certain to stave off any imprisonment by appealing through higher courts. Friday's verdict came two days after he announced his retirement from politics.

He condemned the sentence as 'intolerable judicial harassment' and his lawyer branded the verdict as 'absolutely unbelievable'.

www.skynews.com.au...

edit on 26-10-2012 by chemistry because: Link

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They're all in on it together. They are so bloody blatant!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's like how the former STASI spies in Sweden currently in positions of powers have sealed the documents that could have them thrown in jail for high treason. It's going on all over the world.
I don't know who this guy is, but it's clear they tried to find every loophole available to make his sentence milder.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

Maybe you should check out a telivision series called the news.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
reply to post by Avgudar

I don't care about foreigners and their news.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I actually feel sorry for Italy, having this scum bag in office for as long as they did. Scandal after scandal, and a total embarrassment for every Italian woman unto the world at every turn.

Guy is a real scum bag. Takes the cake and asks for desert.

edit on 30-10-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

He condemned the sentence as 'intolerable judicial harassment' and his lawyer branded the verdict as 'absolutely unbelievable'.

Best part of the article right here. Gets a slap on the wrist and then complains that it is too harsh and the courts are harassing him. Obviously has no feelings of remorse for his actions. I mean usually these holes show a remorseful face in public when caught and exposed. Not this guy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar

Originally posted by Merinda
reply to post by Avgudar

I don't care about foreigners and their news.

Too bad, if you did you would have known where the caribics are in relation to the US and what impact it had on you when the news Hurricane hits caribics aired.

new topics

top topics

join