It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Stand Down!!" - Here's Why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Source #1: EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

Source #2: Demo Pollster: Obama Needs a Terrorist Attack to Reconnect with Voters

Source #3: Top Clinton Official: Only a Terror Attack Can Save Obama

We now know that two CIA operatives wanted to assist the consulate in the attack but were told to "Stand Down!!" twice an hour apart. They went anyway, helped save 30+ people, and stood up to the attack over a 7 hour period. They died because everyone else was told to "Stand Down!!!" as well.

Why?

Well I think back to that chorus of 'insiders' on the Sunday talk shows over the past two years that have slipped up and told us what the people on the inside really believe - that a terrorist attack would HELP Obama RE-connect with voters!

Now think back to that strong defiant moment between Obama an Candy Crowley in the second debate:

"No one is more concerned about this than me." - giving us the imagery of the coffins draped with the American flag.

"The buck stops with me Candy."

Home run moment right? After that moment the press declared - "Obama is back". But now we know that both he, Biden, and Hillary all took this attack insincerely with the father of a slain hero.

Source #4: 'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Biden's bizarre question to father of Navy SEAL who died in Benghazi attack

You say "but wasn't the story from the right that Obama said it wasn't Terrorism?" Yes, and isn't Obama asserting he always said it was an "Act of Terror"?

Why the discrepancy? Well if it was a legitimate attack and we did everything we could he wouldn't have needed to blame it on a YouTube video would he?

The video silliness somehow got pushed in to the realm of a hysterical emotional reaction by otherwise sane people rather than terrorists acting like terrorists. They wanted to tie it all up in a neat package with a ribbon.

1. Setup and allow a terror attack to be completed - [CHECK]

Problem is - those two operatives went over there against orders (STAND DOWN) and held their own for 7 HOURS.

That planned blitzkrieg false flag attack to boost Obama's numbers didn't happen. Instead Obama has to panic and scramble to downplay the attack because they know he will look weak instead of strong.

2. Give a forceful speech to reconnect with voters decrying terrorism - [FAIL]

This is starting to smell like four Americans died to boost a sitting presidents re-election chances and that 30+ more people would have died had those two CIA operatives followed their orders instead of acting like real Americans.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think your on to something, class A, typical false flag. This cover-up is watergate times 1,000. But at least in watergate people didnt die. If this turns out to be true, the heads of state need to see some jail time.

edit on 26-10-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I just pray there are enough Americans left, who are as outraged by this news, as I am. When are we going to say...I'm mad as hell, and I won't take it anymore. When are we going to, as a unified voice, demand answers to ugly questions.

Des

edit on 26-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

"Stand Down," can mean quite a few things to a lot of people. There is a program in Arizona that benefits ex-military personnel.

From your post, I didn't get where you meant to "stand down."

A lot of veterans are enhanced by this program, so where did you get your wording?

www.arizonastanddown.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Being prior military, the term stand down means not to engage, as in; the idea you/we had we will not follow through with. They told those men not to help even though they had prior knowledge.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Source #4: 'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Biden's bizarre question to father of Navy SEAL who died in Benghazi attack

Yes Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone Woods purportedly made those comments to Glenn Beck via phone. He has also gone on a media blitz and appears to be amongst the vitriolic right wing. Where as Tyrones Mother seems to have a very different accounting of the event..

From your article..

His recollection of the reception differs sharply from that of Tyrone's mother, who last month took to Facebook to praise the officials who organised the event.

Writing about the repatriation of her son's body, Cheryl Croft Bennett said: 'The entire afternoon was overpowering and unreal.

'Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged, and, yes, even kissed by the President of the United States. Along with the President, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell.

'They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son.'

edit on 26-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

There is still a lot that is not known and the right wing media is creatively filling in the blanks for exploitive purposes. FOX's sources for this article are "anonoymous".

Wonder why on the last debate, on FORIEGN POLICY, Mitt Romney did not mention Behngazi???

Because as candidate for President, he started getting official intelligence briefings a few weeks ago...and he shut-up on the issue.

What does that tell you about how the right wing media is playing this??

The CIA safehouse was under attack near immediately. They knew the location, they knew the protocol. If they told the CIA operatives to "Stand Down" it could have been because they realized that the safe-house was compromised AND a heavily armed "Fast Reaction Force" was at the airport.

Time will tell, but until they wrap up CIA operations that would be compromised by full disclosure, the GOP will SPIN....SPIN...SPIN

Just glad there was not a Democrat in office on 9-11, the GOP would have issued PR releases while the planes were still in the air.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Bet his Mamma feels differently..now that the truth is coming out.....:

Des

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I find the idea that the Embassy attack as false flag kind of weak pre-event for several reasons. It wasn't "big" enough. It was along ways away in an already "defeated" Arab country. The initial reports and reason for the attack was stated as "protest" regarding that film clip. Not a "terror" incident. If they wanted to reveal as such in the beginning they would have done so. Not try and cover the magnitude of it.

I would add that if the government of the United States insists on blowing up other countries and then planting a flag there over a small compound and guarding it with 2 ex-navy seals, they are asking for trouble.

Lets say I got to a neighborhood down the street and kill some folk, burn half the place down, run everyone off and then move in... how stupid is that? Unless I build a castle, surround it with a moat and land mines, I am not going to last long. Derp.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Indigo5

Bet his Mamma feels differently..now that the truth is coming out.....:

Des

Truth??? Lord help you if you are looking to Fox and Friends for truth.

They are exploiting and outright BSing about a national tragedy for political gain..and it is gross.

Mother of Slain Navy SEAL Asks Romney to Stop Talking About Her Son: ‘I Don’t Trust Romney’

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hey!...Stop with that "logic" and "thinking" crap!!...There is a tragedy to exploit and that man in the White House...get on board!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RangerClark29

Being prior military, the term stand down means not to engage, as in; the idea you/we had we will not follow through with. They told those men not to help even though they had prior knowledge.

Being prior military you must understand the value of actionable and credible intelligence? How would you rate Fox News and anonymous sources a couple weeks before election day?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
The initial reports and reason for the attack was stated as "protest" regarding that film clip. Not a "terror" incident. If they wanted to reveal as such in the beginning they would have done so. Not try and cover the magnitude of it.

Read what I wrote. It makes sense for them to come out and proclaim terror attack if the attack had gone down as planned - first ambassador killed in 30+ years, no reinforcements, fast attack, 30 people dead.

The fact that only 4 people died and the attack lasted for 7 hours while they watched on drone surveillance, and consistently ordered people to stand down and let the attack happen -- well that puts a slightly different spin on the situation - hence the scramble for a YouTube video and the downplaying not only of terrorism but the WHOLE event. It turned in to a matter for the local police arresting the "the filmmaker".

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Then why did he, his administration, Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton lie for weeks afterwards?

I could see your OP as a possibility if they stated it was a terrorist attack right away.

Why blame the youtube video for weeks afterwards???

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ararisq

Then why did he, his administration, Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton lie for weeks afterwards?

I could see your OP as a possibility if they stated it was a terrorist attack right away.

Why blame the youtube video for weeks afterwards???

I mentioned that in the original OP.

2nd?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hey!...Stop with that "logic" and "thinking" crap!!...There is a tragedy to exploit and that man in the White House...get on board!!!!

It works both ways. Regardless of whether it is a tragedy or a planned attack to bulster election chances the left will downplay this and even blame Republicans for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

That planned blitzkrieg false flag attack to boost Obama's numbers didn't happen. Instead Obama has to panic and scramble to downplay the attack because they know he will look weak instead of strong.

Missed it.

My bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I could be mistaken about this but didn't that YouTube dissing Islam come out before the events in Ben Ghazi? I'm not trying to dismiss your idea, just trying to understand.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ararisq

I could be mistaken about this but didn't that YouTube dissing Islam come out before the events in Ben Ghazi? I'm not trying to dismiss your idea, just trying to understand.

It did and I swear I remember seeing a story about an insider saying that they had it in the 'back-pocket' in case they needed to use it.

Source #5: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

We now know that they were aware that this was a militant attack (unrelated to a protest) at least two hours in to the attack and I'm sure they knew well before then.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What we have is Fox News in full panic mode because Romney is dropping in the polls and not gaining any ground in the important swing states that he needs.

So Fox is on an all day blitz plastering the faces of dead Americans on the TV, politicizing their deaths, and using an "unnamed source" that was "on the ground" in Benghazi. Then you have the talking heads and all the right wing guests they have on making assumption after assumption, I just saw the blonde host say that we most likely know that Obama got that request directly to him and so he would have had to deny it. And even though her guest was a bush advisor, he had to tell her that we can't know that for sure.

Playing politics with dead Americans, because Fox knows Romney is about to lose. That is all we have here, all based off of an "unnamed source".

Fearmongering is the oldest campaign trick, and it looks like that is Romney's last and only hope.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join