It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN investigative unit to probe US assassination drone attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
According to Press Tv , The United Nations has announced plans to form an investigative unit to examine the legality of US assassination drone strikes. The United Nations has censured the attacks as targeted killings and says they flout international law.

The UN special rapporteur on counterterrorism and human rights, Ben Emmerson, said in a Thursday speech to Harvard law school that he, along with another colleague at the UN, will set up the investigative unit early next year in Geneva in an attempt to probe the terror drone attacks in different parts of the world.
“If the relevant states are not willing to establish effective independent monitoring mechanisms… then it may in the last resort be necessary for the UN to act,” Emmerson stated.
He added that the unit is also set to examine “other forms of targeted killing… in which it is alleged that civilian casualties have been inflicted.”
The UN official denounced as indefensible Washington’s claim that it can carry out assassination drone operations anywhere in the world because it is deemed to be an international conflict.
“The global war paradigm has done immense damage to a previously shared international consensus on the legal framework underlying both international human rights law and international humanitarian law,” Emmerson said.

LINK

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
its about time, i hate the idea of drones......if you wanna kill someone you can atleast look them in the face while you do it. this takes man almost out of war........sure its a good idea in theory. but its just what we need is a bunch of gamers taking things to a real life level. its cold, not to say war isnt but this is to far imo.

I hope the un sticks it to the us hard.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
its about time, i hate the idea of drones......if you wanna kill someone you can atleast look them in the face while you do it. this takes man almost out of war........sure its a good idea in theory. but its just what we need is a bunch of gamers taking things to a real life level. its cold, not to say war isnt but this is to far imo.

I hope the un sticks it to the us hard.

ya , Drone is the worst evil idea . They must be stopped

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, this will have a TON of effect.

top topics

join